Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Because I’m an idiot I popped over to DM comments yesterday, there’s a loud and frankly frightening contingent there who seem to be fans of liz truss because she’s blonde and owns a pair of boobs, maybe those nutters are this 45% of Tory members idk seems quite possible.

My money is currently on Morduant as the one with the least enemies who actually wants the job of the top candidates
Agree with this above
Her perfomance yesterday was fucking brilliant to be fair. Killing her softly. Her pauses to allow the jeers after confirming that 'the prime minister isn't hiding under a desk'

I didn't think the partygate thing could be topped in terms of absolute tory schadenfruede but, no, they've upped their game
It was certainly better than her televised Tory hustings effort but I imagine her personal ambition, exceeds her abilities. It cannot be stated enough, the tories have no mp of ability that would be able to navigate the shit they have caused.

Agree with this above

It was certainly better than her televised Tory hustings effort but I imagine her personal ambition, exceeds her abilities. It cannot be stated enough, the tories have no mp of ability that would be able to navigate the shit they have caused.

Well, no, Rishi Sunak is capable of doing exactly that. He predicted virtually everything that has happened almost word for word. He's been wisely completely staying away from this shitstorm. And he could actually win a general election which is a bit concerning.

Well, no, Rishi Sunak is capable of doing exactly that. He predicted virtually everything that has happened almost word for word. He's been wisely completely staying away from this shitstorm. And he could actually win a general election which is a bit concerning.
Nah he’s a loser.

Still there is two years until the next GE so anything could happen and these days you would put money on it.
If energy prices come back down and the pound recovers a bit that might give Truss some 'luck' she could fall back on...If she stays long enough though.

Ah jesus man stop with your hardon for Sunak, it's embarrassing.

I was commenting on the electability of a candidate. Like it or not, Sunak's approval ratings would suggest he could win a GE. If you're not willing to acknowledge that, then well.

• Haha
Reactions: Sue
I was commenting on the electability of a candidate. Like it or not, Sunak's approval ratings would suggest he could win a GE. If you're not willing to acknowledge that, then well.
He lost a leadership contest to Liz Truss. Liz Truss of all people.

Three points:

1. The Tories cannot hold a leadership election, try out the winner, then when she doesn’t work out, appoint the loser. That makes a mockery of the leadership contest.
2. It’s bad enough leaders coming and going without a general election, but with no party democracy either? It’s no longer the 1950s.
3. Liz Truss. He lost to Liz Truss.

He lost a leadership contest to Liz Truss. Liz Truss of all people.

Three points:

1. The Tories cannot hold a leadership election, try out the winner, then when she doesn’t work out, appoint the loser. That makes a mockery of the leadership contest.
2. It’s bad enough leaders coming and going without a general election, but with no party democracy either? It’s no longer the 1950s.
3. Liz Truss. He lost to Liz Truss.

Tory MPs were elected by about 14 million people to represent them in parliament, they have a bigger mandate to pick their leader than the party membership of under 200k.

Back
Top Bottom