Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Live debate on gov support for unemployed

The new medical tests (50,000 a month) are being undertaken by doctors and nurses employed by Atos Healthcare, a private company.

Ah, we know all about these wankers in Royal Mail where they have been the healthcare company of choice for many years. Just check out the Royal Mail worker forums for what they've been up too!

You'll have to look hard for domanin names though because I remember in 2004 the republican party in the states bought up loads of domain names like "Bushsucks.com" to stop people doing exactly this ...

You'll have to look hard for domanin names though because I remember in 2004 the republican party in the states bought up loads of domain names like "Bushsucks.com" to stop people doing exactly this ...

I'm prepared to bet on the collective imagination of Urban 75 being significantly more creative than the collective imagination of the Government and Tory Party combined.

do you really think that there is a significant amount on urban who will be interested?

Good links being made on CIF for future plans

There are, you only have to look at the amount of views and replies these threads get to know that there are. The problem is getting people to actually agree on some kind of course of action (which may be about as easy as herding cats tbh ;))

I'd suggest using a US based web host and spending the extra to get a domain name that directly associates it with a targeted government minister. Probably Osborne as he's the most closely associated with Cameron.

I also envisage a front page that has a latest news on benefit cuts section, and advice on appealling section, an advice on suicide prevention section, as well as a link to the list itself. That way there's also something positive being done, an example of giving a damn in precisely the way the government doesn't.

Well I'm happy to buy a domain name and point it at a blog which can have pages of course, and I would give admin access to a couple of volunteers to sort it out...

nice one, but remember we are talking about future lost lives here, a more sombre domain title may be needed,

nice one, but remember we are talking about future lost lives here, a more sombre domain title may be needed,

I agree, and it should involve something to do with death and benefits.

I also think it is pointless emailing the info to the relevant government ministers or politicians - accept those on the left who might use it as amunition.

'Volunteers needed over ESA Campaign

From Carerwatch...

We are setting up a dedicated ESA blog to explore all the issues around ESA over the summer. This can be a resource for campaigners & help us work out where we want to focus campaigning in September. ESA changes every time you look at it. But the underlying arbeit macht frei philosophy is always there. We can't do this on our own. We need help. Please come & join the discussion in the CW group at -

http://carerwatchdotcom.myfineforum.org/forum57.php & help us.

We need a group of volunteers to work this campaign out over the summer.'

Other groups are moving at last, i do hope its not too late, I spent 3 years solid campaigning on welfare issues, it was hearthbreaking, no one was listening at the time

'First, to reconceive our notion of fairness. In our concern with meeting people's needs we seemed to sever welfare from desert(deserving apparently, my addition) and this led people to think that their taxes were being wasted, that they were being used. When we said fairness, people thought it was anything but. We achieved great things but we did not bring people with us, and our motivation appeared abstract and remote.'

all the LP Election candiates still support welfare reform, except perhaps for Dianne Abbot, Miilliband has this to say, pathetic

Back
Top Bottom