Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Leather Trousers. Have you ever owned a pair of.

have you ever owned a pair of Leather Trousers

• Total voters

bimble

floofy
Leather trousers are supposed to be IN, i've just noticed.
I had a pair, about 100 years ago, and i loved them very much, what other items of clothing have as the care instructions Do Not Wash.
Am seriously tempted to purchase a new pair of Leather Trousers but i'm now old so not sure whether this is a good idea.

I had some when I was thinner than I am now. I bought them in Gap in New York in the sale 20 years ago, not long after 9/11. iirc they were dead cheap because they were discounted as they were a very small men's size, but I am dubious about that as I am quite short as well as having hips and thighs and I remember someone saying that they fit me like a glove. I think I still have them somewhere because I can't quite let go of a fantasy of looking french and sophisticated.

I read a biography of Jim Morrison when I was about 16 and an anecdote about Morrison wearing stinky leather trousers for weeks at a time gave me a longstanding prejudice against the garment and I never wore leather trousers during the approximately decade-long window where I could have fitted into them and looked good.

But if I make it into my sixties and no longer fear embarrassment, death, or offending people with the odour from unwashed trousers, I can definitely see myself donning plus-size leather trousers and driving around on a motorbike.

Back
Top Bottom