Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

Crystal was interviewed on Sky this morning...

Crystal, "I called Laurence Fox a racist. He called me a paedophile. The judge found yesterday that me calling him a racist was not defamatory. And him calling me a paedophile was. So we've had a victory on all counts"

Kay Burley, "Why did you decide to take him to court?" Crystal, "Honestly? He's a bully"
Kay Burley, "Why do you think Laurence Fox is a racist?" Crystal, "He's done and said many things which are deeply racist"
Kay Burley, "Do you have any sympathy for him?" Crystal, "I have sympathy for people who have been targeted.. There's a huge swathe of the population that experience this nastiness"
Kay Burley, "What was he like in court?" Crystal, "Erratic, defensive. He used the N word in the box.. He defended black face.. He couldn't agree that saying: I hate black people, was a racist statement.. It was really hard to watch"

Unbelievable!

""

You're all missing the big picture. If he can become unemployable after years of being the public face of obnoxiously bigoted dipshittery what's to stop the same thing from happening to every obnoxiously bigoted dipshit? Generations of overprivileged chinless wonders to come might have to actually consider what comes out of their pie holes, and that's basically the same thing as fascism.

Going off at a tangent here, but this ruling reminds me of the time when the Sex Pistols’ Never Mind The Bollocks was released, and a Virgin record shop (remember them?!) in Nottingham was taken to court by the police for displaying offensive material - namely, the album cover stuck up in their shop window. John Mortimer QC successfully defended the case on the basis that the term ‘bollocks’ wasn’t necessarily obscene, as it had been used in Old English to mean ‘priest’.

Asked for his reaction, John Lydon (or Rotten, as he then was) said: “Hooray! Bollocks is legal! Bollocks! Bollocks!”

Fox doesn't seem to realise that the judgement is worse than the judge saying that he is a racist, so there was not a libel; it's that he is such an awful human with little or no redeeming traits that calling him a racist, whether it is true or not will not affect how he is viewed by people at large and not just the tiny reactionary circle-jerk of the 'silent majority'.

He needs to STFU, get a lot of therapy, genuinely change and come back in a year with a statement of how he was in a bad place and massively fucked up and hope he can restart his career.

Going off at a tangent here, but this ruling reminds me of the time when the Sex Pistols’ Never Mind The Bollocks was released, and a Virgin record shop (remember them?!) in Nottingham was taken to court by the police for displaying offensive material - namely, the album cover stuck up in their shop window. John Mortimer QC successfully defended the case on the basis that the term ‘bollocks’ wasn’t necessarily obscene, as it had been used in Old English to mean ‘priest’.

Asked for his reaction, John Lydon (or Rotten, as he then was) said: “Hooray! Bollocks is legal! Bollocks! Bollocks!”
Now THAT was cancel culture. Florence Pox doesn't know he's born.

Hidden by make up nowadays. Lots of actual actors have visible tattoos - Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Colin Farrell, Ben Affleck etc.
It does feel like a bit of a statement as well, 'Yes i have tattoos, but you can spend a load of time hiding them each day before filming can begin because i am a fantastically talented actor who you desperately want in your production'

not sure this is going to work out for him though.

a radio play all about it is still available Turning Point - Never Mind the Ballocks - BBC Sounds

(it was a nickname for priests, rather than a straightforward 'meaning' - as it is what they talked)

Back
Top Bottom