Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

Other Police songs are equally creepy, Can't Stand Losing You, for example.

I'm so glad other people have noticed this. Roxanne as well. I've never been able to work out if Sting is a lyrical genius subtly (for the time) exposing how patriarchy and toxic masculinity drive cultural narratives of love and romance or just a misogynistic fucking dick.

Last edited:
I'm so glad other people have noticed this. Roxanne as well. I've never been able to work out if Sting is a lyrical genius subtly (for the time) exposing how patriarchy and toxic masculinity drive cultural narratives of love and romance or just a misogynistic fucking dick.
Yup.

Like The Beatles, and Rolling Stones - there's a few dodgy ones amongst the classics.

I always thought he was a very clever writer. I really hope he wasn't being misogynistic.

a lyrical genius subtly (...) exposing how patriarchy and toxic masculinity drive cultural narratives of love and romance

If it was fifty years ago and I was still in my 'adolescent idiot' phase I'd be tempted to pinch that line and add it to my resume.
Sounds much better than "my mission in life is to get away with inserting inappropriate dodgy jokes at every opportunity".
Happily my 'adolescent idiot' phase largely petered out sometime in my mid-fifties, he said.

Anyhow on Tuesday Loser x-creted:

I am giving very serious thought to running for @MayorofLondon again.
I’m not going to stand by and watch the city I live in and love be destroyed before our eyes.
It is always my wish to collaborate with the other small parties, but they have refused.
Watch this space.
4:23 PM · Jan 2, 2024 x-twitter link

Fi @rahhead01: ''Lozza fox ‘making Susan Hall look electable'' (woozyface emoticon)

x-twitter link

I hope he goes for it. Genuinely interested to see how many deposits he has to lose before he realises everyone thinks he's a prat. Could get into double figures, I reckon
He's probably envisioning using the big fat pay out he imagines he'll get from his libel case. Poor deluded fucker.

Assuming that Jeremy Hosking is still prepared to fund his vanity 'Party', and Reclaim still exists come the Mayoral election in May, then the deposit wouldn't be coming out of Loser's back pocket. Indeed as a paid officer of the 'party' he'd presumably be able to 'Reclaim' some personal expenses for electioneering.

A couple of pages back I wondered what would happen to Reclaims ex-MP Andrew Bridgen, given the financial ties between him and the 'Party'. I could have added back office arrangements as well. Well one possible clue might be read into an item in yesterday's Politico newsletter:

WEB WOES: Independent MP Andrew Bridgen (no longer of Reclaim or the Tories) appears to have lost ownership of the domain bearing his name (andrewbridgen.com,) my POLITICO colleague Bethany Dawson writes in. The website, which the North Leicestershire MP regularly updated with every one of his addresses in the House of Commons, now redirects to… an Indonesian betting site. (...) Whilst Playbook PM would never want to second guess the intentions of an MP, we put money on this not being the goal, especially since Bridgen expensed more than £1,000 for website maintenance and his domain in April 2023. An alternative domain, andrewbridgen.co.uk, sends web surfers to a parliamentary standards report into the MP’s conduct. Someone get IT on the line.

If it was fifty years ago and I was still in my 'adolescent idiot' phase I'd be tempted to pinch that line and add it to my resume.
Sounds much better than "my mission in life is to get away with inserting inappropriate dodgy jokes at every opportunity".
Happily my 'adolescent idiot' phase largely petered out sometime in my mid-fifties, he said.

Anyhow on Tuesday Loser x-creted:

Fi @rahhead01: ''Lozza fox ‘making Susan Hall look electable'' (woozyface emoticon)''Lozza fox ‘making Susan Hall look electable'' (woozyface emoticon)

x-twitter link

"It is always my wish to collaborate with the other small parties, but they have refused."

:D

I think this guy is going to keep on being a bellend exemplar, so let's give him a thread where we can paste up his privileged stupidity and racism as it unfurls.

Just look at this fucking video

Wow! Is it really already four years since Loser´s appearance on Question Time catapulted him from not very well-known actor to tedious right-wing rent-a-gob? :(

Assuming that Jeremy Hosking is still prepared to fund his vanity 'Party', and Reclaim still exists come the Mayoral election in May, then the deposit wouldn't be coming out of Loser's back pocket. Indeed as a paid officer of the 'party' he'd presumably be able to 'Reclaim' some personal expenses for electioneering.

A couple of pages back I wondered what would happen to Reclaims ex-MP Andrew Bridgen, given the financial ties between him and the 'Party'. I could have added back office arrangements as well. Well one possible clue might be read into an item in yesterday's Politico newsletter:

"... we put money on this not being the goal, especially since Bridgen expensed more than £1,000 for website maintenance and his domain in April. 2023."

How long has"expense" been a verb?

Back
Top Bottom