Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth Council Watch - news and updates about the 'co-operative' council

Wonder what people make of the Lambeth Pension Fund annual report?
https://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/do...port 2017-18_DRAFT_19-06-2018 to Auditors.pdf

As one who will be relying on the state old age pension without the assistance of rate-payer financed additions I can only say I'm a bit jealous - especially as the trustees seem to have achieved a 2.4% pa increase for the retired Lambeth council workers/bureaucrats/chief executives as opposed to such pleasures as the 75p state pension increase awarded by Gordon Brown in 1999!

Wonder what people make of the Lambeth Pension Fund annual report?
https://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/documents/s96370/2.1 Appendix One LBL Pension Fund Annual Report 2017-18_DRAFT_19-06-2018 to Auditors.pdf

As one who will be relying on the state old age pension without the assistance of rate-payer financed additions I can only say I'm a bit jealous - especially as the trustees seem to have achieved a 2.4% pa increase for the retired Lambeth council workers/bureaucrats/chief executives as opposed to such pleasures as the 75p state pension increase awarded by Gordon Brown in 1999!

Here is a useful little 'fiddle' that Lambeth officers get up to, not sure how far down the chain it goes, I've known a couple of people on £50k+ that have had it applied to them.

If you manage to negotiate voluntary redundancy and are subject to three months notice you would assume that you get given your notice, work for three months and off you go.

What actually happens is that you negotiate an unofficial date to go, however far ahead it is, possibly several months but you don't get given your notice until the day before the agreed departure date, result, three months extra salary, that'll do nicely thank you!!

Reactions: CH1
Do you have any detail on that?
you mean do I have emails, payslips etc?? No. I know about it because I was told about it by someone who in addition to redundancy & pension lump sum also trowsered an extra three months salary when they left, having agreed the leaving date well in advance, but not receiving the actual letter until two to three days before going off into the sunset. I was told this is not unusual, I suspect that if your role is well down the food chain it doesn't happen though.

If they were made redundant and the letter said "as of x date", would you not normally get the normal paid notice period on top or is redundancy pay supposed to cover that as well? Did they say this was an under the table agreement or that the agreement date was formal?

I'm only asking as this is third hand source reporting and could be mixed redundancy and gardening leave based on what you've said, or that they were tipped off about future redundancies. I guess it hangs off how formal the leaving date agreement was. If you take that bit out of the story, redundancy pay plus three months salary for a short notice termination wouldn't seem unfair.

Not sure what the pension lump sum has to do with it though; is that not a separate matter for them and their pension provider?

Oh wait, this is voluntary early release. Redundancy plus notice period is normal and is not only for senior staff.

Here is a useful little 'fiddle' that Lambeth officers get up to, not sure how far down the chain it goes, I've known a couple of people on £50k+ that have had it applied to them.

If you manage to negotiate voluntary redundancy and are subject to three months notice you would assume that you get given your notice, work for three months and off you go.

What actually happens is that you negotiate an unofficial date to go, however far ahead it is, possibly several months but you don't get given your notice until the day before the agreed departure date, result, three months extra salary, that'll do nicely thank you!!
What I wondered was exactly how many people are benefiting from these pension investments. Presumably those elite officers on £150,000 p.a. will be most concerned.

Oh wait, this is voluntary early release. Redundancy plus notice period is normal and is not only for senior staff.
Not if you have an a leaving date agreed four months in advance when your notice period is three months and you only get your notice a day or so before you leave.

Maybe this case is different, but everything you've said would not be unusual under voluntary early release.

If they were made redundant and the letter said "as of x date", would you not normally get the normal paid notice period on top or is redundancy pay supposed to cover that as well? Did they say this was an under the table agreement or that the agreement date was formal?

I'm only asking as this is third hand source reporting and could be mixed redundancy and gardening leave based on what you've said, or that they were tipped off about future redundancies. I guess it hangs off how formal the leaving date agreement was. If you take that bit out of the story, redundancy pay plus three months salary for a short notice termination wouldn't seem unfair.

Not sure what the pension lump sum has to do with it though; is that not a separate matter for them and their pension provider?

For a lot of ordinary Joe public this is all new to me. Most of us ordinary people would love to have all this.

You dont get it. As per usual.

Easy to see which side of the fence you are on.

The Green party motion presented to full Council meeting was avoiding just having a cheap shot at Labour party. It agreed with the leader of the Labour party.

“The Leader of the Labour Party, The Mayor of London and local Labour groups have all declared support for ballots. So, this really should not be controversial, and I hope will garner cross party support from Lambeth’s newly elected Cooperative council.

In Blairite Nu Labour Lambeth this only raises the shackles of Labour Cllrs. Convincing them to vote against.

Looks like Cold Harbour will be having a by election, with the sad passing of one of the councillors over the weekend. I wonder if Rachel will run?

Looks like Cold Harbour will be having a by election, with the sad passing of one of the councillors over the weekend. I wonder if Rachel will run?

I very much doubt it. I think she has had enough.

Plus she got on with Parr and Donatus. Im guessing but don't think she would want to stand to try to take his place.

I very much doubt it. I think she has had enough.

Plus she got on with Parr and Donatus. Im guessing but don't think she would want to stand to try to take his place.

That would make sense. Still, she's the best chance for a change. Can't imagine anyone else, even if they try, will have much of a shout

An apology to the Lambeth Labour Chief Whip from Ferndale Cllr Irfan Mohammed after a Facebook post appeared to suggest that Jewish people were behind 9/11.

This guy seems straight up. But what's the story about the dropped candidate from Oval?

Back
Top Bottom