Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

The bloke in the audience who asked why there was so much focus on benefit fraud when corporate tax dodging costs vastly more money, Burnham answered him by talking more about benefits. It was like he just made the tax-dodging issue disappear, simply by ignoring it.

That's the kind of leadership we need.

I bet he doesn't mind when his [red/blue/yellow] Tory mates swear about left-wingers, I bet he doesn't say anything when they casually talk about 'chavs'.

You don't get answers with this kind of ad hominem. It indicates you're not that interested in the actual answers in any case.
Why would I use the word 'chavs'? Disgraceful word.

AC14 Everyone would agree that Labour's trajectory is rightwards over the past thirty years. If Kendall got in, do you think that would be the end of it? That's as far right as Labour would then ever go? Or do you think, as all the evidence suggests, that the trend would continue?

At what point would you be concerned? Would you be happy for a Labour government to bring in some charging for NHS services that are currently free? Would you support a break from the unions if it made Labour more electable?

When do we stop?

You don't get answers with this kind of ad hominem. It indicates you're not that interested in the actual answers in any case.
Why would I use the word 'chavs'? Disgraceful word.

Like to pick and choose what you respond to, don't you?

The bloke in the audience who asked why there was so much focus on benefit fraud when corporate tax dodging costs vastly more money, Burnham answered him by talking more about benefits. It was like he just made the tax-dodging issue disappear, simply by ignoring it.

Reminds me of the posting style of a particular individual here...

@AC!4 Your party is a busted flush and has been for quite some time. If they had actually presented a real credible alternative to the vermin, they might have been in with a chance.

Like to pick and choose what you respond to, don't you?

The answers that we do get from you sunshine are not worth the effort of reading.

Another one. I'm starting a list.

This is why the left is a state. But it'll be someone else's fault for not being left wing enough.

AC14 Everyone would agree that Labour's trajectory is rightwards over the past thirty years. If Kendall got in, do you think that would be the end of it? That's as far right as Labour would then ever go? Or do you think, as all the evidence suggests, that the trend would continue?

At what point would you be concerned? Would you be happy for a Labour government to bring in some charging for NHS services that are currently free? Would you support a break from the unions if it made Labour more electable?

When do we stop?

I can't see into the future. I know at the moment that we should deal with the issues we have here and now while planning for the future. Not shouting the same tired slogans of, correct, 30 years ago.

@AC!4 Your party is a busted flush and has been for quite some time. If they had actually presented a real credible alternative to the vermin, they might have been in with a chance.

"It's because Miliband wasn't left wing enough".

Despite the evidence.

This is why the left is a state. But it'll be someone else's fault for not being left wing enough.

I can't see into the future. I know at the moment that we should deal with the issues we have here and now while planning for the future. Not shouting the same tired slogans of, correct, 30 years ago.
Why am I quoted here?

"It's because Miliband wasn't left wing enough".

Despite the evidence.

The evidence is there. Labour lost 56* MPs in Scotland because it wasn't left-wing enough and it lost out in the marginals in England because of disaffected Labour voters staying at home or voting UKIP.++

Tell me that's wrong.

*from memory

You have no reason for your position other than the acquisition of power, when confronted with this rather than explain why that isn't the case you accuse anyone who has principles and the desire for anything beyond the acquisition of power of being 'too left-wing'. It's a pretty transparent schtick to be honest.

The evidence is there. Labour lost 56* MPs in Scotland because it wasn't left-wing enough and it lost out in the marginals in England because of disaffected Labour voters staying at home or voting UKIP.++

Tell me that's wrong.

*from memory

Labour only lost 40-odd Scottish seats IIRC. The SNP ended up with 56 overall.

e2a: Your point still stands though. Labour lost every Scots seat bar one, that's a knecapping alright.

AC14 I asked you three times if you are a returning poster. Pretty please with sugar on top and a kiss from Rihanna, can we have the answer?

This is why the left is a state
yeah, a few people mocking your debate club evasion tactics you've used to avoid answering some pretty fundamental questions about the future of the labour party- thats evidence of why the left is fucked.

Can you give me an example of one of these slogans of thirty years ago? Which ones do you mean?

"Save the NHS"

Stuff like that?

Back
Top Bottom