Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

I was poor and treated like a cunt then and I am now, so guess again. Thats the thing with labour supporters in the post-thatcher years, they assume that everyone did hunky dory under that nice mr blair- bollocks.

First thing Cuntlugs Bug-eye Blair did was fuck over single mothers. Then his government attempted to fuck over disabled people with the Orwellian "Benefits Integrity Project" -caused 30-something known suicides of people who had their benefits stopped, and was eventually scrapped because it hadn't managed to realise the projected savings (i.e. there were far fewer Incapacity Benefit and Disability Living Allowance claimants "on the take" than their own research and rhetoric had convinced them existed).

Corbyn was the only one who spoke with any conviction and the audience responded to that. The others sounded exactly like careerists. They used the language of Westminster. But Kendall, fuck me, what a disaster. "I'm the leader the Tories are afraid of". The election hasn't happened and she's already claiming victory. :facepalm:

How many elections have been won on the strategy you promote.
The SNP won almost every seat in Scotland with that position, Syriza have taken greece with that position, Podemos are on their way to winning in Spain from that position, and you lost badly by attempting to beat the tories with tory light policies.

Personally, I'm angry at a Tory victory because of how much worse and unequal the country has become under the coalition. I would prefer a Labour government.

But if you see no difference, don't worry about it
I'm angry at Labour for being so utterly shit they couldn't win an election against a government with such an appalling economic record, and worse, for somehow allowing them to portray themselves as having been economically competent when the complete opposite was the case.

The SNP won almost every seat in Scotland with that position, Syriza have taken greece with that position, Podemos are on their way to winning in Spain from that position, and you lost badly by attempting to beat the tories with tory light policies.

This ^^^^

This ^^^^
more than that, an online poll of something like 5 million 2010 voters had something like 70% of labour and lib dem voters at the 2010 election being opposed to austerity, yet both parties went into this election supporting austerity.

no wonder labour failed to mop up the ex lib dem vote in the way they'd hoped, when they'd signed up to the main policy that was making them dump the lib dems.

more than that, an online poll of something like 5 million 2010 voters had something like 70% of labour and lib dem voters at the 2010 election being opposed to austerity, yet both parties went into this election supporting austerity.

no wonder labour failed to mop up the ex lib dem vote in the way they'd hoped, when they'd signed up to the main policy that was making them dump the lib dems.

Had so many England based friends who did not have a clue who to vote for because there was so few anti austerity candidates to vote for. Many went for the Greens, some stuck with Labour, some could just not be fucked full stop.

I suspect you're asking the wrong person William, but it looks to me to be a question from the audience

yes it was, she was aggrieved because of tapers, etc she wasn't entitled to anything when she needed benefits, which is fair enough, but overall she was pretty nasty.

Corbyn was the only one who spoke with any conviction and the audience responded to that. The others sounded exactly like careerists. They used the language of Westminster. But Kendall, fuck me, what a disaster. "I'm the leader the Tories are afraid of". The election hasn't happened and she's already claiming victory. :facepalm:

Not even the lib dems would be scared of Kendall. She's just awful.

Not even the lib dems would be scared of Kendall. She's just awful.
She manages to combine being right-wing with being patronising, hesitant and banal. Ugh.

I'd never heard her speak much before and expected her to be the right-wing option obviously but not such an awful speaker.

She manages to combine being right-wing with being patronising, hesitant and banal. Ugh.

I'd never heard her speak much before and expected her to be the right-wing option obviously but not such an awful speaker.
Her pitch reminded me of a parent lecturing a toddler.

Re Kendall :

She's pretty unlikely to win though. Surely!

Labour leadership hustings: Jeremy Corbyn wows audience with Left-wing agenda
Fears of centrist Labour MPs and aides appear to be realised as far-Left candidate helped onto ballot gets most positive reaction during TV debate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...rbyn-wows-audience-with-Left-wing-agenda.html

Far left or just left wing compared to the Tory stooges that are our alternative?

advocating mildly social democratic policies. You know what I want, I want to burn their palace down and make them eat the fucking ashes mixed up with the slurry I've shat out after a big indian feast.

corbyn will do though. Making some attempt at combating austerity narratives could have won labour an election. Instead we got eds heaviest suicide note in history menhir of fail.

watching them tonight was like looking at creatures from another planet. They just have no idea.

I've not seen much of her before this election. I hate her politics but is she useless as well? i thought she might be an evil, efficient monster of the Blair-mould.

That's what I thought too but I really wasn't impressed with her.

I've not seen much of her before this election. I hate her politics but is she useless as well? i thought she might be an evil, efficient monster of the Blair-mould.

I can't remember anything she actually said in that debate, partly beause her plan seems to be to say as little as possible about actual policies or ideology but mostly because the way she talks on camera is somehow blood-curdlingly horrid. Worse than Ed Miliband even.

was it worth watching?

i'm staying at mum-tat's and didn't think she would want to watch it, or that it was worth the risk of me shouting rude words at the telly...

The bookies odds are interesting...

Corbyn's moved in - to as little as 9-1!

Burnhams has drifted a little to roughly evens (slightly odds on), Kendall has slipped to neck and neck with Cooper.

Seems like Corbyn won, but had no chance, and everyone else is as inspiring as a moist kangaroo

It seems that people think Corbyn can't win the leadership and if he does it would be a gift for the tories.
A gift for the tories is Cooper (married to Ed Balls), the same with Burnham (mid staffs ) and Kendall, well you know.
Should it be started again?

Speaking as one who has already declared a funeral for the Labour Party, I would be delighted for Jeremy Corbyn to lead its Second Coming. It could do no harm and if it gained popular support I would rally round.

Back
Top Bottom