Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

On a wide ranging poll where they do obama and others. Nah. And the labour identity in the hard labour seats is still about the party not the candidate.
You maybe right?
Reminds me; where's the polling been for this by?
I think Oldham constituency is about 30% Asian, so UKIP can only win if a large section of those voters stay at home.

This legal advice is encouraging. If the PLP acts now, and there's no left candidate on the ballot, we could end up with a proper leader and every chance that the new left joiners will fuck off in disgust before the opportunity for deselections comes round. It's a risk worth taking.

This legal advice is encouraging. If the PLP acts now, and there's no left candidate on the ballot, we could end up with a proper leader and every chance that the new left joiners will fuck off in disgust before the opportunity for deselections comes round. It's a risk worth taking.

For whom?

Taking the notion of pre-figurative politics to a new level.

Of course, Chuka will lead you true believers to a glorious new dawn. The return of David Milliband and Mandelson will be the icing on the cake.

Oh dear, oh dear. :facepalm:

'Most of this fury comes from the obvious quarters: the MPs, the former advisers, the longtime activists – the people who have devoted their working lives to the Labour party – boiling with anger at the serial unforced errors of their new rulers. The Corbyn camp will dismiss them, of course, as “Blairites” or “red Tories”. They’ll say their critics are whining because their brand of austerity-lite, soft capitalism has been jettisoned, dumped by men of principle determined to fight for economic justice and a more peaceful world.

That response could not be more wrong. It fails to realise that what enrages Corbyn’s critics most is not a doctrinal difference with the leader, but their assessment of the damage he is doing to the party. Their chief concern is over Labour’s prospects of ever again winning the trust of the British people and forming a government. And they want a Labour government very badly. In other words, they despair of Corbyn not because they are on the right, as the leader’s chorus would have you believe, but because they remain on the left.'

With each misstep, Jeremy Corbyn is handing Britain to the Tories | Jonathan Freedland

This legal advice is encouraging. If the PLP acts now, and there's no left candidate on the ballot, we could end up with a proper leader
What's a "proper leader" when it's at home? One that sucks up to Cameron? One that offers no alternative to the Tories or one that resolutely votes in favour of war?

Do it and you'll lose thousands of members overnight.

What's a "proper leader" when it's at home? One that sucks up to Cameron? One that offers no alternative to the Tories or one that resolutely votes in favour of war?

i'd suggest as a start that a 'proper leader' is one who stands a reasonable chance of being elected - bumping along at 25%, turning a 45 year solid, 15,000 majority labour seat into a marginal, and being less trusted among Labour voters than David Cameron would perhaps indicate that Corbyn is being less than successful at being a 'proper leader'...

others, of course, may hold differing views.

Quite right, and even if the Blairites were now successful in "taking back the Labour Party" (unlikely) the Greens, the SNP and Plaid are still in the field to usefully absorb the refugees. The non-labour left is not going away and will fight Blair/Brownite neoliberal shits to the death. Face it Picarda, your "project" is over. The whole left in and out of labour despise your ilk and will do everything we can to bring about your defeat and destruction.

It's political suicide. I guess you or the idiots who want to oust Corbyn didn't think of that. But go ahead, as 'Dirty' Harry Callahan said, "make my day".

But you didn't answer my question: what's a "proper leader"? Kendall? Danczuk? Umunna? Woodcock?

Cooper, Umunna, Jarvis - plenty of talent around. Jim McMahon perhaps. Or David Miliband, why not?

Quite right, and even if the Blairites were now successful in "taking back the Labour Party" (unlikely) the Greens, the SNP and Plaid are still in the field to usefully absorb the refugees. The non-labour left is not going away and will fight Blair/Brownite neoliberal shits to the death. Face it Picarda, your "project" is over. The whole left in and out of labour despise your ilk and will do everything we can to bring about your defeat and destruction.

I suppose I've been worrying more about deselection than murder, but I suspect that there aren't that many Corbynistas prepared to behead moderate Labour MPs on video. It might just be you.

Back
Top Bottom