Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

Not happening without a unified and credible candidate. They have not one. The shitty back-stabber would be funny.

Also, not sure they even can constitutionally spring a leadership election.

Not happening without a unified and credible candidate. They have not one. The shitty back-stabber would be funny.

Also, not sure they even can constitutionally spring a leadership election.
What's the trigger? Is it a certain number/% of PLP?

e2a: do they need a 'credible' candidate?

Corbyn is so incredibly shit. This should be his moment, he should make rousing, passionate anti-ISIS statements/speeches, advocate very firmly the need for action,
Action by whom, though? Dennis Skinner kept it simple in the commons - 'keep out of it'. Britain saves the world? No, Britain fucks up the world mostly. Britain (as in the British government/armed forces) won't save Syria, whatever 'saving Syria' means. Some humility over that would be a start, to give hope of not repeating the same cycle of mistakes. I may be getting you wrong, but your post appears to be calling for Corbyn to repeat the same old post-colonial shite.

I'm not very good with clues. What do you mean?
Until Killer put me right, I had been under the impression that Chuka had been suspiciously (quite) loyal, or at least well behaved, towards Corbyn...thus being able to present himself as a loyal party man when the party 'needed' him to come in and sort out the chaos.

Action by whom, though? Dennis Skinner kept it simple in the commons - 'keep out of it'. Britain saves the world? No, Britain fucks up the world mostly. Britain (as in the British government/armed forces) won't save Syria, whatever 'saving Syria' means. Some humility over that would be a start, to give hope of not repeating the same cycle of mistakes. I may be getting you wrong, but your post appears to be calling for Corbyn to repeat the same old post-colonial shite.

You are getting me wrong.

Can't recall - but it's nowhere near what they can poss get. BBC bubble oxbrdige cunts shaking the trees to see what falls out and an objective reporter smirking along.
Also story is from the 'Times'.
That said, the specificity of the story about legal advice adds to the 'drip, drip' nature of the impression of a substantive coup.

Until Killer put me right, I had been under the impression that Chuka had been suspiciously (quite) loyal, or at least well behaved, towards Corbyn...thus being able to present himself as a loyal party man when the party 'needed' him to come in and sort out the chaos.

Ahh. Well he certainly comes across as slimy enough, but whether or not he is that wily is debatable.

What's the trigger? Is it a certain number/% of PLP?

e2a: do they need a 'credible' candidate?
That's what they need to stand once an election has been called. The trigger may well be - and i think is - considerably higher.

The right of the parties mastery of bureaucracy let him in and and they're going to keep him there.

Yep, and Oldham might give them the manure.

I wonder whether Oldham is as bad as they are making out. It might be, don't get me wrong, but they and the media have every interest in portraying things as they are portraying them.

You are getting me wrong.
Ok, but it's a reflex that needs to be unlearned somehow. Something's up in the world - what's BRITAIN going to do about it? It's the wrong question.

I've been hearing it and arguing against it at work, and now since tonight, in the pub as well.

I wonder whether Oldham is as bad as they are making out. It might be, don't get me wrong, but they and the media have every interest in portraying things as they are portraying them.
Quite possibly all the usual 'smoke & mirrors' but the bookies have been pulling the 'kipper odds in; (2/1) now.

And have you had a look at the Northern cross-breaks of the recent (YG) Syrian polling? Corbyn's N. numbers were nearly as bad as RoSE.

He's meant to be flirting with Marxism. His perspective should not be about nation but class.

(I've been given some 50% Finnish mint booze. So don't expect coherent answers)

Nah. It's performative reporting.

Beforehand, the Ukip team briefly worked out a strategy of sorts, with the help of a local Muslim council candidate. “I will explain we are not racist,” he said. “Then I will bring them to you.”

Yes, it reads like it.
But that YG polling with the highest Corbyn "do not trust at all" % in the North is pretty damning, and what sort of campaign team puts out the 1000 figure?
One that says it wreck it here and now before 2020, the sooner the better. People like mauruce picarda who think that they are the ones who have to reclaim the party. They will try but the barriers they themselves set up are going to fuck them.

One that says it wreck it here and now before 2020, the sooner the better. People like mauruce picarda who think that they are the ones who have to reclaim the party. They will try but the barriers they themselves set up are going to fuck them.
Yes, exactly. (Sorry that last Q was kind of meant to be rhetorical)...
But....here's the "Bishop's talking...I think that UKIP are going to take the seat. I reckon a suspect/nobled campaign team will manage not to get the sceptical vote out.

Yes, exactly. (Sorry that last Q was kind of meant to be rhetorical)...
But....here's the "Bishop's talking...I think that UKIP are going to take the seat. I reckon a suspect/nobled campaign team will manage not to get the sceptical vote out.
Don't know. Haven't done any oldham thought.

The other option apart from doing it constitutionally is to do what these people sound like they are (doing and this is the danger of an unelecetd group of oxbridge bubble media types moving from issue or election to issue of election) which is go on strike or sabotage to the extent that they force him to resign. So get rid of them. Let the local parties run the campaigns again.

The other option apart from doing it constitutionally is to do what these people sound like they are (doing and this is the danger of an unelecetd group of oxbridge bubble media types moving from issue or election to issue of election) which is go on strike or sabotage to the extent that they force him to resign. So get rid of them. Let the local parties run the campaigns again.
Who can strike first? The PLP with their NEC -> leadership conference or the Corb constituencies deselecting?

Those N. numbers for JC...("do not trust at all")..
Lab 27%, UKIP, 61%, 60yrs+ 65%, C2DE 48% & North 53%.

Fucked.
On a wide ranging poll where they do obama and others. Nah. And the labour identity in the hard labour seats is still about the party not the candidate.

Back
Top Bottom