Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

Umunna is a poisonous little fuck isn't he? This story isn't about the RW press twisting it, it's about the Judas fucks on their own benches, and the apparent left-leaning Graun.

(a friend pointed out that Mandela was a member of the South African Communist Party, so he got that bit wrong...)
Mandela was a member of the SACP.

They don't even seem to be trying to, on the whole. It's baffling.
That's the whole point. They are - subtly and artfully, via the constant 'wall of propaganda noise'. The 'not even trying' is in fact the proof of both its' exiostence, and the effectiveness of their stratagem.
it's when it's crashingly obvious that they are least effective.

That's the whole point. They are - subtly and artfully, via the constant 'wall of propaganda noise'. The 'not even trying' is in fact the proof of both its' exiostence, and the effectiveness of their stratagem.
it's when it's crashingly obvious that they are least effective.
I didn't mean in general, I meant about this specific story - which appears to have been whipped up by Labour cabinet in waiting and the graun, and a few thousand liberal fucks on facebook.

We've had this argument before, and my answer is the same as years ago. If advertising is no good at manipulating people, why would corporations spend billions on it? The right wing media attempt similar levels of manipulation, and I've met plenty of people that believe it. That's not the same as saying that everyone is a sheep. Just that across a large population this stuff has an effect - not as must as they might like, for sure, but would you argue it has no effect?
Speaking as someone in (kinda) that line of work, the advertising brigade are one helluva lot more subtle, even scientific, than they look. So are the tabloids, when they really get crafty

I didn't mean in general, I meant about this specific story - which appears to have been whipped up by Labour cabinet in waiting and the graun, and a few thousand liberal fucks on facebook.
I think in this situation one can regard it as a natural coalescing of interests between the Blairite zombie brigade (still coming to terms with Corbyn's victory), and the 'pallid cosmetic liberal' brigade as embodied by the Guardian! In a way, they are (willing) useful idiots for the tabs

It's very different. The tabs understand what their readers think and deliberately appeal to their prejudices. The Graun thinks that it has a moral responsibility to be right about things, and so it agonises, and comes up with the wrong answer.

The graun is no different from 'the tabs' is it? they all exist to do the same thing for the same people.

I can't remember which US election, but the Guardian identified a key marginal, and then junk mailed everybody in it asking them to vote Democrat. Went Republican, in no small part due to US voters not likeing being told what to do by Limey Liberals. The Sun would never do that. Murdoch doesn't have to, he owns Fox "news"

I can't remember which US election, but the Guardian identified a key marginal, and then junk mailed everybody in it asking them to vote Democrat. Went Republican, in no small part due to US voters not likeing being told what to do by Limey Liberals. The Sun would never do that. Murdoch doesn't have to, he owns Fox "news"
I bet this story isn't true in nay way.

He's way out of step with the public on foreign policy and immigration. I just wish he'd focus on domestic policy. :facepalm:
Is he? The 'public' is a rather large mass of people. As for domestic affairs, attention has been diverted away from them by the sight of Cameron's hard-on for a war.

Corbyn is so incredibly shit. This should be his moment, he should make rousing, passionate anti-ISIS statements/speeches, advocate very firmly the need for action, the need to find who is funding these scrotes, supportig them etc and then make a tactical case for ruling bombing out as it is not tactical but just willy waving from a limp, foolish PM wanting to be in with the big boys.

But what do we get?

"I don't wanna"

:facepalm:

Corbyn is so incredibly shit. This should be his moment, he should make rousing, passionate anti-ISIS statements/speeches, advocate very firmly the need for action, the need to find who is funding these scrotes, supportig them etc and then make a tactical case for ruling bombing out as it is not tactical but just willy waving from a limp, foolish PM wanting to be in with the big boys.

But what do we get?

"I don't wanna"

:facepalm:
His moment to achieve what? You're now supporting bombing ten years after supporting beheadings?

agree with you on that....though possibly theres a reason for not getting on the soap box, namely,if a significant majority of Lab MPs votes for bombing after a free vote, would that not greatly undermine JC?

Back
Top Bottom