Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour & Anti-Semitism.

the likes of Williamson and Walker, about both of whom there are varying opinions. Not evidence.

Do you think that there is any place in the Labour Party for

1) Walker and Williamson
2” the likes of” Walker and Williamson

It isn’t true, is it, that JVL supported the removal of walker and Williamson? In fact they did they very opposite, didn’t they?

when then are you claiming that JVL ‘fully supported’ their removal from the Labour Party, when you know this isn’t the case?

Do you think that there is any place in the Labour Party for

1) Walker and Williamson
2” the likes of” Walker and Williamson

It isn’t true, is it, that JVL supported the removal of walker and Williamson? In fact they did they very opposite, didn’t they?

when then are you claiming that JVL ‘fully supported’ their removal from the Labour Party, when you know this isn’t the case?
I’m not saying JVL supported their removal. I think there could be a place for them in Labour. You obviously don’t, but plenty of others do. It’s not as straightforward as you sat

Your agenda and method is transparent Kevbad the Bad

Why you are continuing doing the same thing (‘protecting‘ antisemitism) that not only 1) is repulsive, and 2) has failed

You’re not the only poster on here that needs to ask themselves that question.

Your faction lost.

And if you really can’t stomach it you can always follow the example of the likes of graeber and the arch-remainers and fuck off.

You’re not wanted. You never will be
I don’t have a faction. I’m not an anti-Semite, nor do I seek to protect them. I haven’t lost anything. But I don’t share the simplistic one-dimensional view which is sometimes on display here, yours included.

I have never read anything she has written or said which is anti-Semitic. I would give a black, Jewish, anti-racist woman activist the benefit of the doubt unless I saw unequivocal evidence to the contrary, rather than invective.

So you don't think the nation of islam conspiracy theory that jewish financiers were behind the slave trade is antisemitic

So you don't think the nation of islam conspiracy theory that jewish financiers were behind the slave trade is antisemitic
Jackie Walker is not a supporter/devotee of the Nation of Islam. I can’t speak on her behalf, but she has reflected on her own ancestry as black and Jewish. You can choose to view her comments entirely negatively, or in a more nuanced way, but that is your choice and does not make her an anti-Semite.

Jackie Walker is not a supporter/devotee of the Nation of Islam. I can’t speak on her behalf, but she has reflected on her own ancestry as black and Jewish. You can choose to view her comments entirely negatively, or in a more nuanced way, but that is your choice and does not make her an anti-Semite.

So that's a no then. What about the mural

Maybe.

View attachment 199994

Just trying to find your line. Turns out it's pretty far back. Maybe.

What about Livingstone claiming hitler supported zionism, was that a fair reflection of pre war nazi policy and the haavara agreement or was it antisemitic
I only said maybe because I hadn’t seen it for ages and i’d forgotten. As for Livingstone, yes that was a stupid thing to say. Not the first either. There may have been some agreement made between the Nazis and Jews trying desparately to escape a frightening future, but that neither makes those Jews Nazi collaborators, nor those Nazis Zionists.

Fuck me kev, look within yourself. Look at what you're writing... think about how racism manifests - not always through obvious phrases and ideology, but through background acceptance of language and stereotypes.

More than MadeInBedlam or Proper Tidy I'd love to find excuses and have a genuine belief in a core of the labour left to continue the more positive aspects of 2015-17. But no. RLB's responses, your stuff on this thread. It shows how bad some people are at acknowledging a specific failure, at acknowledging some legitimate criticisms, and a deep-seated toxicity. I'm not going to start thinking about the actions of the Israeli state in Palestine as something wonderful. But fuck, I lived in China for a year without batting an eyelid. Look at your allies. Look at the pictures, at the language. At the dominance of 'from the river to the sea' rhetoric. Especially when compared to class politics, to rights politics etc. I want a Labour left. It will never have legitimacy until people like you are willing to acknowledge these failings.

So on a day when you'd have thought the PLP might be aflame with attacks on Cameron, Osborne and their fellow 1. % ers, instead Progress's 8 point plan to combat alleged LP anti semitism seems to be a much bigger preoccupation for many of the usual suspects .

Don't know if anyone's looked into this deeper than me ( wldnt be hard ) , but so far the evidence I've seen mentioned supporting the idea of a wave of LP anti semitism is 2 / 3 weirdos on Twitter spouting crap, and a resignation from / subsequent investigation of Ox Uni Lab Club that never seems to throw up anything concrete / otherwise .

Anyone else highly suspicious here, on all sorts of fronts ? ( ie : usual attempts to smear opponents of Israeli illegal occupation / settlements/ oppression, - blatant attempt to undermine Corbo / McDonnell / Milne - desperation of Progress to reassert in any way they can - wider, global attempts to delegitimise anti Zionism / # BDS etc etc ) .

From late 80s SWP membership, to now, have personally barely come across anyone I even suspected of anti semitism on the left ( dodgy Cnut on a Palstine march long time ago, some anarchos shut him up,+ a div last year who mentioned ' Zionist Bankers' on Twitter, and then went quiet when challenged ) , does anyone have different experiences / is this in any way more legit than it looks?

Four years ago this

Back
Top Bottom