Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

So it turns out they are now defining the zero carbon electricity system as "5% carbon".

"One thing these routes will not deliver is the “zero carbon electricity system” promised by the Labour party before the election – at least, not all of the time. Since coming to power, ministers have made subtle tweaks to the rhetoric, choosing to talk about “clean power” by the end of the decade. This is arguably a more flexible target.

“There’s no established definition of clean power,” says Slye. “So what does it realistically mean? One of the key pieces of work from the Committee on Climate Change found that the cost [of decarbonisation] really begins to escalate when you reach those last percentage points towards 100% clean power.

“So at the moment, the working definition that we’re using for this analysis is to reach 95% clean power. That means that, by 2030, 95% of the generation in Great Britain over the period of a year will be from clean power sources. And that means that the remaining 5% will come from unabated gas. That’s our definition.”
I'm not sure there's any way round that, certainly at the moment, since fast start-up of gas is needed to fill in the gaps when renewables can't supply everything and there's no significant battery backup.

I'm not sure there's any way round that, certainly at the moment, since fast start-up of gas is needed to fill in the gaps when renewables can't supply everything and there's no significant battery backup.

Yes, but that is not what they had in the manifesto. It just sounds like the target of the previous government.

the country is going a bit mad...

NEW: PM’s paid back more than £6k worth of gifts & hospitality he received since entering Number 10 after a row over ministerial donations. Starmer covering the cost of 6 Taylor Swift tickets, 4 to the races and a clothing rental agreement for a with designer favoured by his wife, Vic Starmer

the country is going a bit mad...

NEW: PM’s paid back more than £6k worth of gifts & hospitality he received since entering Number 10 after a row over ministerial donations. Starmer covering the cost of 6 Taylor Swift tickets, 4 to the races and a clothing rental agreement for a with designer favoured by his wife, Vic Starmer
I bet he's already starting to look a bit shabby. :(

Loads of RW scum on twitter seem to be suggesting that Starmer has a current super injunction regarding aspects of his private life. Can't really understand why they'd be so keen to see him taken down, tbh.
Is this the cheating on his wife thing? Has been around for years that claim, open secret in his CLP supposedly

The Fast Show should revive that sketch where an incredibly awkward bloke goes in to buy (lol) some clothes and the tailors are all simpering and suggestive.

'Ooh, suits you kieth'.

I wonder how many Labour MP`s nipped into Lord Ali`s penthouse flat, when passing through covent gardens, for a poo, when they were touching cloth?

Has anyone seen this? Thoughts??

Blame game takes in James Cleverly and Liz Truss as UK announces decision to hand archipelago back to Mauritius in deal to secure secretive Diego Garcia base

1728070144950.png

1728070223631.png

Has anyone seen this? Thoughts??

Blame game takes in James Cleverly and Liz Truss as UK announces decision to hand archipelago back to Mauritius in deal to secure secretive Diego Garcia base

View attachment 445393

View attachment 445394
I suspect it's just a bit of jingostic nationalism myself. Diego Garcia is the only real island, the next biggest one is only a tenth the size at 3 square km, it's going to be a pretty feeble Chinese base if they can fit it on that. They're putting bases on small islands in the South China Sea but they're doing that to mark their territory and would really defend them from mainland China. Stuck on a rock out in the Indian Ocean wouldn't gain them anything.

They need to put public cctv cameras up at the back of number 10 so we can keep an eye on him. No doubt hes having at least 9 fag breaks a day and clocking out at 3.

at first glance, looks like the sort of jacket that lewisham council bin-men* used to wear in summer when it was too warm for a donkey jacket

* - i'm thinking 1970s. i don't think they had female refuse collection operatives of the opposite sex then...
It is 1976, there is a heat wave, punk rock is being born, and
The bin collectors of Lewisham Borough
Are looking smart in their summer jackets
If only other municipal employees would dress similarly
Then happy would I be

Back
Top Bottom