Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

GJMpxCLXYAAk5sb.jpg

A further opportunity for Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC MP to explain his decision to suspend Diane Abbott from the parliamentary Labour Party for nearly eleven months while his officials "investigate" a two paragraph letter which was 7-8 sentences in length, following the recent news that the Conservative Party's principal financial donor has called for her assassination ...

82765973-13226713-image-m-2_1711093235694.jpg

... that's if he's not too busy campaigning about the embroidery on football shirts.

So it has nothing to do with Pride?
I don't think so. Pride in supporting Engerland maybe.

Got lots to do with pashun and banging it to the big fella up top. Getting it in the mixer, committing to your tackles, playing through the lines, I imagine.

I mean, it looks nothing like the pride flag.

What they should do next year is just have the shirt as a huge pride flag. Really put the cat amongst the snowflakes.

I don't think so. Pride in supporting Engerland maybe.

Got lots to do with pashun and banging it to the big fella up top. Getting it in the mixer, committing to your tackles, playing through the lines, I imagine.

I mean, it looks nothing like the pride flag.

What they should do next year is just have the shirt as a huge pride flag. Really put the cat amongst the snowflakes.
Send them out in fetish gear.

Has there ever been a politician who has said "nah not really into football, not much of a one for sports generally to be honest". If they're looking to be "relatable" that sounds like it would work better than "I am clearly making this up".

I understand both Jez and Kier do actually like the football and there are better reasons to dislike them both.

I hate the damn thing so regardless it’s unrelatable to me, just Kier is the one telling me nothing will get better and my opinions don’t matter but vote for him anyway

GJMpxCLXYAAk5sb.jpg

A further opportunity for Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC MP to explain his decision to suspend Diane Abbott from the parliamentary Labour Party for nearly eleven months while his officials "investigate" a two paragraph letter which was 7-8 sentences in length, following the recent news that the Conservative Party's principal financial donor has called for her assassination ...

82765973-13226713-image-m-2_1711093235694.jpg

... that's if he's not too busy campaigning about the embroidery on football shirts.
Never heard of gcm church before - nor did I know there are prayers for our national leaders at the Palace of westminster. Dk if you posted this up before, but 30 mins to get to Enfield isn't that long even if you're only going from Hackney. Could you give people greater notice next time?

I understand both Jez and Kier do actually like the football and there are better reasons to dislike them both.

I hate the damn thing so regardless it’s unrelatable to me, just Kier is the one telling me nothing will get better and my opinions don’t matter but vote for him anyway

Tbh the idea that there's some sort of authentic working class quality to watching football was nonsense in the 70s and even more so now. There's nothing odd at all about someone like Starmer supporting Arsenal. The idea he gives a shit about this flag is transparently fake as fuck though.

yes - growing up in SE London in the 70s, of the kids at primary school who were in to football, probably about half were Liverpool...
Growing up in South Wales in the 80s, about two thirds were Liverpool. A few Man U, one QPR, and my neighbour was an Arsenal fan. It was all pretty random. Of course, everyone should have supported Newport County. :D But they weren't on telly much.

Not sure how well being a glory boy sits with political football fandom. I supported Arsenal because they were good and on the telly a lot... Not such a noble truth.

What's even worse is when politicians pretend to watch, and be engaged with, soap operas.
I remember Gordon Brown referring to "the Eastenders". Blair commented on a plot line in Coronation Street.

Back
Top Bottom