Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Did you know Keir Starmer’s wife, Lady Victoria, is Jewish?
A world of difference from the prejudice of Jeremy Corbyn.
Are you serious? If you really think Corbyn was anti-semitic read Asa Winstanleys excellent book on the matter. Unless of course you are prejudiced against facts: like the % of Jews expelled from Labour for alleged anti-semitism is far higher than any other group…

Do you support anyone?

Have a soft spot for Corbyn. First time there was hope in quite a while. However brief that was.

Not forgetting also, he was one of the few politicians along with Livingstone who was not demonising Sinn Fein.

Ironically, we now have the Unionist bloc keeping SF out of leading Stormont and the FF/FG alliance keeping them from forming a government in Ireland.

Could imagine that makes Starmer feel all good. Although, then again, he's not very forthcoming on the occupied counties.

Basically, anyone but you, Spanner.

The 2023 review proceeded on different criteria than the 6th (2020) review.
The ultimate changes to constituency boundaries due benefit the Tories but only to a relatively limited degree.
It is less a case in increasing the number of votes Labour on average to return an MP, and more that there is an increase in constituencies in the south of England, at the expense of Wales, Scotland and the North.

EDIT: Two decent, if overtaken by events, pieces on boundary changes and voting efficiency from UK Polling Report (which I've just seen has been updated and renewed). 1, 2.
Ta.

I started a thread about the Reviews ages ago, I think some of the links may have broken though you'll get the gist

While the Thatcher statement was clearly a bit of signalling to voters (both those that lean Tory and to those on the left) it is mistake to think that the neoliberal policies of Labour come about just because they want to attract swing voters.

The Labour Party advance the policies of Thatcherism because that is their political philosophy, they support the market, they support capital, not because of voters but in spite of them. After all neoliberalism is not a popular political philosophy, most people do not want privatisation of public services, indeed they want the nationalisation of more sectors.

Stamer's politics are not the result of him being hemmed in by the public. While there is little doubt he is an unprincipled shit desperate for power, his natural politics is liberalism.

Shur Kieth getting it tight in Glasgow over his pisspoor politics on the Middle East. Not since Iain Gray fled into a Subway in Glasgow has a Labour leader had a more humiliating welcome to the city. Sobering viewing for those hoping for a good Labour performance in Scotland whenever the next election comes.

He looks distinctly uncomfortable. I'm expecting a trembling bottom-lip statement about "democracy being difficult sometimes" in response. Get it right up the snidey wee wank.

(sorry for all the twitter links but hopefully they work for most of you...)

Oh ffs, finally Labour (and Starmer) catch up... probably because they realise the issue could lose them some votes. If they had genuine concern, they would have said this ages ago. Some of this stuff was happening prior to October. :rolleyes:

Oh ffs, finally Labour (and Starmer) catch up... probably because they realise the issue could lose them some votes. If they had genuine concern, they would have said this ages ago. Some of this stuff was happening prior to October. :rolleyes:

Yeah. So Starmer does what he always does. Checks which way the wind is blowing, sends out one of his juniors (Lammy in this case), wait to see what the gibbons in the press say and then changes his position. Meh

I might have already said this here.......a few months ago I was extolling the virtues of tactical voting and how it would be daft not to vote labour as its the only way to get the ultra-cunts out.
I apologise profusely..its still the only way to get them out but, well FFS its a fucking quandary alright

I might have already said this here.......a few months ago I was extolling the virtues of tactical voting and how it would be daft not to vote labour as its the only way to get the ultra-cunts out.
I apologise profusely..its still the only way to get them out but, well FFS its a fucking quandary alright
If we could have a mass movement that would refuse to vote Labour if it did not change its policies, we might have some leverage, but we do not have such a movement.

Have we had this yet? The repeated urge to go back on his deeply held beliefs is just impossible to resist. :D

Starmer:
"The point I was trying to make in a piece that we penned last week was that there are some political leaders who have a mission, a plan, that they implement,” he told the audience.
So Thatcher was just an example of someone with a plan that they implemented then. Could just as easily have used Hitler or Pol Pot as examples.

What a massive twat.

Back
Top Bottom