Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Fuck off, Liz. If people want Tory cunts they will vote for them.

I've seen that post twice now and each time I've searched but found nothing to support the assertion. Don't get me wrong: if proven I'd be sharing it everywhere. 'Stats For Lefties' has been rather short on attribution though. Where and when did she say it and exactly what did she say?

I've seen that post twice now and each time I've searched but found nothing to support the assertion. Don't get me wrong: if proven I'd be sharing it everywhere. 'Stats For Lefties' has been rather short on attribution though. Where and when did she say it and exactly what did she say?
I am disappointed you've searched and searched without finding the link to the article https://archive.li/WOpjQ

I am disappointed you've searched and searched without finding the link to the article https://archive.li/WOpjQ

What I meant is that there is no statement from Kendall that I've found to support that assertion. That article does not quote her and that is what I'm looking for. A direct quote from her. You've just re-posted what was already posted twice, although this time linking the full article from which the assertion came. If you find more, I'd be glad to read it. Was I not clear enough when I asked "Where and when did she say it and exactly what did she say"?

Once Labour might have been tempted to oppose the plans as cruel, allowing the Tories to paint them as being on the side of benefit scroungers. Under Sir Keir Starmer — and particularly his Blairite new shadow work and pensions secretary, Liz Kendall — Labour has taken the opposite view. Kendall’s criticism is that the government is not going far enough.
Kendall is my local MP. What a piece of Tory shit.

What I meant is that there is no statement from Kendall that I've found to support that assertion. That article does not quote her and that is what I'm looking for. A direct quote from her. You've just re-posted what was already posted twice, although this time linking the full article from which the assertion came. If you find more, I'd be glad to read it. Was I not clear enough when I asked "Where and when did she say it and exactly what did she say"?
An "on the record" interview maybe? Either way, Kendall hasn't refuted it.

An "on the record" interview maybe? Either way, Kendall hasn't refuted it.

It's a paragraph from a Times article 3 days ago with no attribution. If MPs challenged every statement in the press that they disagreed with they'd have no time for anything else. I'm not defending her, but do need much more information before I accept it as gospel.

She cited the 1942 Beveridge report, the blueprint for the formation of the NHS and social security system, a copy of which sat on the table in her Commons office, as the inspiration for her approach. “Conditionality was part of Beveridge’s original report and that will remain the case with Labour. But Beveridge also says that people need help to get work and to get on with work, and that the state had to use every power that it had to do that. I think it’s this government that has shirked its responsibilities.”
Kendall said she had no regrets about being the only Labour leadership candidate in 2015 to back the acting leader Harriet Harman’s decision not to oppose welfare cuts made by the Conservatives. “I’ve always believed that if you want to show you’re going to do something, you’ve got to show how you’d pay for it. We have to convince people to trust us.”
Even by the standards of MPs Kendall is a loathsome shite

Fuck off, Liz. If people want Tory cunts they will vote for them.
They might not be called Tories but which ever of the 2 main parties wins the next election I think we can be assured that it will be headed by right wing Cunts (I know you know this just venting)
The extremes of cuntishness being displayed by the Tories right now does of course allow Labour to be increasingly cuntish whilst still appearing less so in comparison...............the future is bleak (in so many ways)

Back
Top Bottom