Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Was talking about Starmer today with someone, conclusion he is genuinely a Stalinist. People throw around Fascist as a slur too casually, but Starmer is really and truly a Stalinist in terms of purge and this fits our neo farce fascism era like a glove

This is so shit it beggars belief that someone thought it might be a good idea and it's still up on Twitter.

Not having a go but why should this beggar belief? Doing idiotic nonsense like this is entirely what that lot are about, and what they spent years doing when they were the oppressed back in Corb's days.

I mean, on the one hand it would be terrible for mine and my families future, but there is something very 'Labour' about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the next election...

Not having a go but why should this beggar belief? Doing idiotic nonsense like this is entirely what that lot are about, and what they spent years doing when they were the oppressed back in Corb's days.
Ok fair point my memory is not as good as yours in this respect, still unbelievably stupid/awful/crass. It's almost as if they want to throw the election again.

As much as I wouldn't mind The Left getting a bit tougher, or playing a little bit sharper, but this is somewhat disappointing and embarrassing.

Whilst I can get my head around ape-ing Tory positioning and sloganning so that they appeal to more of the country, it blows the mind to think they assume they also have to copy the evil-stupid debasing messaging style of Conservatives/Trump.

Do they really have no ideas or so contemptuous of the electorate that the only political playbook is the Dorries / Braverman / 30p Lee one?

I saw the interview, it wasn't that bad (pretty good question dodge, considering the stupidity of it all)...but surely they know the sooner they row back on this the better? Cast it off as a bad day at the office, and lick the wounds etc.

Otherwise they are in the 'deal with the devil' position of the Tories, when only the real intelligence/integrity vacuums achieve prominence as they are the only people that can front the indefensible crap that is handed to them.

I do have a smidgen of sympathy for the office that created it...They get hammered every day by downright false lies, delivered and framed as "Labour this" "Labour that" "Kier wants unlimited migration" etc, and they decide enough is enough, and fire one back (copying the style)...But as no-one (on the left, especially) really read or took much notice of the original Tory ones, that context is lost outside of the marketing office that spend their lives in this world, and it just comes across as a little unhinged, almost partridge-esque how it misses the mark.

Cant be arsed making a new thread. But what fucking idiot in the PR dept signed off on this? :D

Edit...Er, I see someone else posted this.

You can accuse Sunak of various things but a pedo sympathiser is a stretch

I also don't get why they've put his signature on it. And then say 'Produced by the Labour Party' down the bottom. Who did this? I work for a political PR agency and anything like that would have to go through so many levels of approval.

Back
Top Bottom