Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Apparently he has a five point plan to win the next election. I'll save you the bother.

1. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

2. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

3. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

4. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

5. Win the election and carry on the same way as the Tories have with a few minor tweaks and hide behind how bad things were when he inherited the shit show.

I thank you.
I'd go for option 5, with the proviso that the Labour front bench then have to follow the Tory lead and commit suicide as well.

He's on R4 right now. The interviewer's going through his new plan against the pledges he made a couple of years ago. Which is going well. :rolleyes:

He's just so rubbish.
I heard most of that. Starmer tried talking about missions but Amol Rajan kept trying to pin him down on reneging/backtracking on his pledges from when he was standing for election to the Labour leadership.

Starmer just sounded like your usual slippery evasive avoiding answering the questions politicians, lacking in principles, or having principles that change with the weather. Untrustworthy.

Apparently he has a five point plan to win the next election. I'll save you the bother.

1. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

2. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

3. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

4. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

5. Win the election and carry on the same way as the Tories have with a few minor tweaks and hide behind how bad things were when he inherited the shit show.

I thank you.
It's allegedly a strategy, not showing his hand too far in advance of the next general election.

But it just comes across as a policy vacuum, not giving potential voters anything to potentially vote for.

Tbh, I stopped listening to the words. I was more struck by how awkward he sounded. I mean obvs his politics are shit but you'd expect he'd at least be good at the speaking thing but no. I mean 🤷‍♀️.
Yeah, especially for a former barrister, you'd expect him to be a bit more convincing. But then again, he's been dining out for years on the fact he did a bit of human rights stuff before he became part of the establishment as DPP.

I'd find it hard to distinguish the voices of Sunak and Starmer tbh. Both have that desperate, pleading quality and both convey nothing so much as the sense that whatever the subject, they know nothing about it and are terrified of being found out.

And you can work on these things. Considering all the consultants and gurus they have buzzing around it's bizzarre that they've not hired anyone to teach them to speak.

I'd find it hard to distinguish the voices of Sunak and Starmer tbh. Both have that desperate, pleading quality and both convey nothing so much as the sense that whatever the subject, they know nothing about it and are terrified of being found out.

And you can work on these things. Considering all the consultants and gurus they have buzzing around it's bizzarre that they've not hired anyone to teach them to speak.
They have

Sunak's voice has a tiny bit of Frank Spencer in the mix, IMO.

Coffey has warned Starmer about his ruddy complexion and palpitations, and that he should ignore NHS Doctors advice because they are just trying to validate their easy NHS jobs.

So hang on.. You can't be a Labour member if you liked one of the ever expanding list of proscribed organisations once on twitter, but you can leave and form a whole other party and then come back?

Cool cool.
Not forgetting that she then joined, stood as a candidate and became health & social affairs spox for the yellow streak of piss party

We're unrecognisable from the party that forced her out. Even though I was on the front bench of that party at the time. And even though she wasn't actually forced out.
We're unrecognisable from the party that forced her out. Now we have control of the Labour Party.

Back
Top Bottom