Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

A party of equality, not protest.

I think the man is actually deluded. I think he's at that point where he's clocked that reality doesn't line up with his character or beliefs, so he's decided to edit reality accordingly. But unlike his tory idols, he doesn't have the state and corporate propaganda machines on side so there's no way he can actually do that. What you end up with is a man stamping his foot and just insisting that you can somehow have equality without the oppressed organising or defending themselves; or that you can have non-toxic patriotism, blind loyalty to a society that mistreats and abuses so many.

If I didn't live in this country, I'd be interested to find out whether he totally fucking snaps before or after he becomes PM by forfeit.

PA Media
Wed 15 Feb 2023 09.30 GMT

Keir Starmer has said Jeremy Corbyn will not stand as a Labour party candidate at the next general election.
Asked by reporters if he could say “categorically” whether or not his predecessor as leader would stand for the party at the next election, Starmer said: “Let me be very clear about that: Jeremy Corbyn will not stand for Labour at the next general election, as a Labour party candidate.

“What I said about the party changing, I meant, and we are not going back, and that is why Jeremy Corbyn will not stand as a Labour candidate at the next general election.”

"It is a party of public service, not protest"

Nurses
Paramedics
Train drivers and support staff
University lecturers and support staff
Postal workers
Fire service
Teachers

Just a short, not all-encompassing list of people who either are, are about to be, or have been on strike. As, you know, a means of protest.

All if whom will have woken up this morning hearing that Starmer is telling them to stop protesting and get on with their public service. That Labour, in the face of surprising but encouraging levels of public support, doesn't support them as workers.

Nurses
Paramedics
Postal workers
Fire service
Teachers

Just a short, not all-encompassing list of people who either are, are about to be, or have been on strike. As, you know, a means of protest.

All if whom will have woken up this morning hearing that Starmer is telling them to stop protesting and get on with their public service. That Labour, in the face of surprising but encouraging levels of public support, doesn't support them as workers.
And people say Starmer doesn't stand for anything!

Nurses
Paramedics
Postal workers
Fire service
Teachers

But he wants their money

I think he's at that point where he's clocked that reality doesn't line up with his character or beliefs, so he's decided to edit reality accordingly

I agree with the specific point, but I also think you've painted a perfect picture of the entire Left there (not that I'd count Starmer as part of it).

It's from one of the Brianna Ghey vigils

Ah, thanks.
Not sure what any of that has to do with Starmer, but then I don't know much about the case aside from it being a fucking waste of life.

Kids killing kids. Just no words.

Ah, thanks.
Not sure what any of that has to do with Starmer, but then I don't know much about the case aside from it being a fucking waste of life.

Kids killing kids. Just no words.
Iirc coz he'd not said anything about it at the time, plus background of people being generally pissed off with Labour being shit re trans stuff

Iirc coz he'd not said anything about it at the time, plus background of people being generally pissed off with Labour being shit re trans stuff

As far as I knew it was a bit up in the air re: what happened and what the motives were in this case, but the news cycle moves fast these days and obv political parties are expected to keep on top of messaging etc.
It seems to me like every party is riven over trans issues (SNP, I may be giving you some side-eye right now), and I'm not too convinced that the Greens are as united as they portray either.

It's a cynical view of things, but I think political groups are looking at the way the wind is blowing and adjusting their messaging accordingly based on where the votes are.

Labour has an especiallly tricky job here because their membership is far more trans-friendly than the Tories, giving them less wiggle-room.

Edit: everything I’ve said above is totally morally agnostic, obv. But I think that’s the way the calculus works on this re: the parties involved.

Last edited:
Apparently he has a five point plan to win the next election. I'll save you the bother.

1. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

2. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

3. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

4. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

5. Win the election and carry on the same way as the Tories have with a few minor tweaks and hide behind how bad things were when he inherited the shit show.

I thank you.

Apparently he has a five point plan to win the next election. I'll save you the bother.

1. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

2. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

3. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

4. Sit idly by while the Tories commit suicide

5. Win the election and carry on the same way as the Tories have with a few minor tweaks and hide behind how bad things were when he inherited the shit show.

I thank you.
Sitting idly by would be one thing but theyre clearly very busy actively agreeing with the principle of every Tory policy, binning all previous pledges and commitments and also taking every opportunity to squash anything that looks like the left within the labour party

Back
Top Bottom