Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Indeed. Much as there is something viscerally satisfying about a landslide, all those awful Tory personalities swept away, it would actually be a terrible result for anyone who wants to see genuine change.
With the UK democracy and voting system the way it is, not to mention the people who vote, I doubt that we will ever see much change.

My eyes are wide open to what Starmer's leadership means and see it as a measurably better alternative to the Tories staying in Power, Im interested to hear of an alternative vote that would result in unseating the Tories
(presuming you want them out as top priority)
It's not my top priority and the alternative is only marginally less shite. Also, you're mistaking me for someone opposed to people voting in elections when I'm not. Fuck, I've occasionally voted myself in the past, but where I live now, voting would just mean voting for that Liz Kendall (a Tory with a red rosette) in a constituency where any cunt in a red rosette could get elected. What I'm saying is, voting is not an alternative, it's just making do and I prefer not to encourage this sort of thing. Sure, leftish people, feel free to vote Labour, but you really do need to lower your expectations and exercise your memories about the last Labour government and the nefarious activities of numerous Labour councils.

Of course, there isn't an alternative at present but my top priority is to help build that. The sad thing is, the more people are fixated on Labour winning elections, then the less likely any effective alternative can be built.

My eyes are wide open to what Starmer's leadership means and see it as a measurably better alternative to the Tories staying in Power, Im interested to hear of an alternative vote that would result in unseating the Tories
Don't know what measure you're using, please elaborate

My “top priority” is a fairer society that doesn’t result in misery and desperation for millions. On the other hand, cheerleading for one bunch of cunts to replace another, who then just continue to work against that top priority, is very, very, very far down my priority list.

Last edited:
My “top priority” is a fairer society that doesn’t result in misery and desperation for millions. On the other hand, cheerleading for one bunch of cunts to replace another, who then just continue to work against that top priority, is very, very, very far down my priority list.
Im hardly cheerleading for Labour, how you gonna get to this fairer society if you dont start with toppling the Biggest Cunts first?, Im not sure there are enough Brits that actually give a fuck or even comprehend whats being done to them for wholsale revolution that bypasses that first step and the many others on the road to a fair society

Im hardly cheerleading for Labour, how you gonna get to this fairer society if you dont start with toppling the Biggest Cunts first?, Im not sure there are enough Brits that actually give a fuck or even comprehend whats being done to them for wholsale revolution that bypasses that first step and the many others on the road to a fair society
How does it get me to a fairer society to reward the Labour Party for a heavy shift rightward? Where is there going to be any incentive for a more Social Democratic direction the future? It actually does the opposite. Fuck that.

Trouble is, each Labour government since Attlee has shifted further to the right each time. What Starmer offers now is probably well to the right of the Heath government. So this strategy of getting us to a fairer society really isn't working.
OK so the alternative is not to vote or try changing the system?, or what?. talk of revolution does bugger all except get you likes

The alternative is to vote if you like (for whatever good it'll do) but make sure you're helping to build workplace and community organisation and activity. You know, those meaningful actions which can build class confidence rather than passivity. It's about doing what we can to help develop a culture of resistance within our class. Up to people whether they talk about revolution or not, but where we are now (when many workers don't even have trade union consciousness) is basic grass roots stuff. Touting for the dead end of Labourism is a waste of time.

Well it seems he has a new fan.
what with Osborne's backing too the Tories seem to have their man

Fl3HWWhXoAAhHIi

If your top priority is to have the Tories out then I take it you are arguing for a vote for the party that is best placed to defeat them in each constituency?
So a 'progressive' alliance, or indeed even a vote for whatever UKIP are calling themselves this week if they are the best placed challenger (admittedly the latter is not really that likely).

Back
Top Bottom