Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

I do wonder how many here will be voting 'Labour' next election whilst being fully aware they aren't actually Labour?.
I will be

Fortunately I like my local MP, so will be voting for her rather than the party she represents.

This is a good piece by the ACG on Starmer's Labour Party, I recommend that people read it :

Starmer is a step too far for me. US I'd vote dem under current situation, but nah, can't justify Starmer - barely a rizzla silver between him and the tories.

Quite lackluster this morning, I thought. But miles better than what Sunak had to say yesterday, and that's the only thing that really matters.

It can't be repeated enough, given the number of lefts who continue to see Labour as the only "realistic" response and will end up falling into line with Starmer come election day.
My eyes are wide open to what Starmer's leadership means and see it as a measurably better alternative to the Tories staying in Power, Im interested to hear of an alternative vote that would result in unseating the Tories
(presuming you want them out as top priority)

"nothing better is possible. we're marginally less shit than the tories. vote for us"

meh
That's pretty much the case as I see it, but hold out hope that there are enough back benchers with spines to to bring the party back to its name if even only slightly, another Tory Government is simply not something I ever want to see again

The ideal outcome here is Starmer is short of a majority and the Lib Dems go into coalition and force him to adopt PR and temper his more far right extremes and his authoritarianism. Then Labour can go to the dust.
Indeed. Much as there is something viscerally satisfying about a landslide, all those awful Tory personalities swept away, it would actually be a terrible result for anyone who wants to see genuine change.

Back
Top Bottom