Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

It seems they had a bit of a disagreement while outside - not really sure why Keith and co then decided to go in? (ETA: unless they didn't actually know he was the landlord...)

He was invited in to speak to the owner or co-landlord and nutjob ambushes him about covid.

The pubs said Rod was a bit of a twat

Starmer ejected from pub by antilockdown loon:

I know that pub , old timers like me know it as Molly Hatchets , I'm not a Starmer defender , but I don't know how he can be blamed for pubs being shut down when Boris has an 80 seat majority. It is irrelevant whether Labour supported the lockdown or not with that majority. Personally, I think that Landlord was looking for an incident to publicise the pub , which is on a back street . You wouldn't come across it on a random pub crawl around Bath , unless you knew about it (I'm ignoring pub guides on the internet) .

No, the landlord is right about one thing. Starmer should be held accountable to the Tory policies he supports.
The 80 seat majority has made Starmer irrelevant, it doesn't matter if he supports it or not. Better for him not to support it , but with that majority, he could do fuck all. The landlord should be yelling at another local MP, Jacob Rees Mogg.

He possibly doesnt believe the virus killed people and was going on about how many people lockdown killed instead.

tbf a big factor in the ~100,000 deaths of old and disabled people has been that they live in places they don’t want to live (and that most people wouldn’t what to) and that they can’t (for a variety of reasons) aren’t able to leave

Of course the anti-lockdown people don’t understand this either - hence their earlier calls to ‘protect the vulnerable’ er locking them away (so perfectly mentally competent people like the landlord can go back to normal). both pro and anti lockdown evangelists don’t really get why so many people have died

tbf a big factor in the ~100,000 deaths of old and disabled people has been that they live in places they don’t want to live (and that most people wouldn’t what to) and that they can’t (for a variety of reasons) aren’t able to leave

Of course the anti-lockdown people don’t understand this either - hence their earlier calls to ‘protect the vulnerable’ er locking them away (so perfectly mentally competent people like the landlord can go back to normal). both pro and anti lockdown evangelists don’t really get why so many people have died

There are lots of reasons so many have died, including the things you allude to but also many others. I'm sure I'll go on about it more in the fullness of time once there ha been greater analysis. There hasnt been enough 2nd wave analysis yet, and for example it took till November to get some analysis of how large the care home undercount may have been for the first wave via things like COVID-19 care home deaths in UK ‘hugely underestimated’

Back
Top Bottom