Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kamala Harris' time is up

He's left a trail of defeated opponents behind him and appointed loyalists to all the key positions in the GOP. But sure, keep mistaking an oafish demeanour for mindlessness, I'm sure it'll continue going as well for you as it did for Jeb Bush and Liz Cheney.
Trump has got where he is by just being Trump. It kind of is mindless. I see no evidence of detailed planning or strategy - hes just used his money and minions and influence to force his way through life taking whatever he wants - powered by his superchraged ego-mania. He knows how to bully and intimidate. And it seems a large people are in awe of it and admire it - because he does and says whatever the fuck he wants and they'd like to do that too.

Last edited:
Trump has got where he is by just being Trump. IT kind of IS mindless. I see no evidence of detailed planning or strategy - hes just used his money and minions and influence to force his way through life taking whatever he wants - powered by his superchraged ego-mania. He knows how to bully and intimidate. And it seems a large people are in awe of it and admire it - because he does and says whatever the fuck he wants and they'd like to do that too.

With respect, can this thread be about Kamala Harris?

As some Canadian Americans mentioned to me last week (just pre Biden stepping down) that she has mixed ancestry and is married to a Jew will blow their minds should she be the Democrat pick for President. And so it has proven to be.

Kamala surging! 8 point lead over all. 18 point lead with independents

Last edited:
is it because they're implemented by states so he doesn't have the power?

I assume he can't get it through Congress but I'd have hoped he'd do it with Executive Orders but I don't know whether that's possible either.

Why haven't they stopped Trump's extreme abortion bans in the last four years?
Maybe something to do with Biden being solidly anti-abortion until he took a run for the presidency?

When he first sat in the Senate in 1973 he thought Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided. In 1981, he voted for a failed constitutional amendment allowing states to overturn Roe v. Wade. In 2006, he stated in an interview that "I do not view abortion as a choice and a right". From 1976 to 2019 he supported the Hyde Amendment, barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape. It was only when his Presidential campaign started that he changed his position to believing "that Roe v. Wade is the law of the land and should not be overturned".

Big lead in important battleground state

tbf if Harris loses NH, she's in big trouble. Those polls give a similar lead to the vote in 2020, though, which isn't discouraging.

I think this election is bound to end up being tight. I'd like to see how Harris is polling in places like Georgia and Arizona.

Trump is ahead in both, but the gap is perhaps narrowing.

Arizona : President: general election : 2024 Polls

Georgia : President: general election : 2024 Polls

I'll be happier when these kinds of states start showing a Harris lead. Either way, it's going to come down to getting your vote out on the day.

I'm absolutely willing to eat my words if she does win.

I'm still sceptical because it's not exactly a healthy lead, and I'm burned from believing in polls.

Maybe something to do with Biden being solidly anti-abortion until he took a run for the presidency?

When he first sat in the Senate in 1973 he thought Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided. In 1981, he voted for a failed constitutional amendment allowing states to overturn Roe v. Wade. In 2006, he stated in an interview that "I do not view abortion as a choice and a right". From 1976 to 2019 he supported the Hyde Amendment, barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape. It was only when his Presidential campaign started that he changed his position to believing "that Roe v. Wade is the law of the land and should not be overturned".

Yes, worth remembering that before Reagan started canvassed evangelicals, it was actually the Republicans who were more likely to be pro-choice (Reagan himself introduced abortion liberalising laws when he was govener of California). The Catholic vote used to be important to Dems.

Yes, worth remembering that before Reagan started canvassed evangelicals, it was actually the Republicans who were more likely to be pro-choice (Reagan himself introduced abortion liberalising laws when he was govener of California). The Catholic vote used to be important to Dems.

for example, the senator from my onw state. 1967.

It still is. And the Dems get the lion's share of it, despite the party's plank on abortion... Strange...

The argument goes that Roe vs Wade allowed generations of politicians and lawmakers the freedom to take extreme anti-abortion positions to court the likes of the evangelicals knowing that there was zero chance that their ideas could be put into practice. Now, they face a problem. Various conservative states, such as Kansas, have shown themselves to be far more pro-abortion rights than their lawmakers (doesn't stop them doing shit like defunding clinics, of course). From being a vote-winner, the issue has suddenly become a potential liability for the Reps, ironically enough because of their success in overturning Roe vs Wade.

Former President Donald Trump shared a slew of videos online attacking Vice President Kamala Harris, after a favorability poll aired on Fox News found she was leading him in a few key swing states.

The new poll, conducted July 22–24 and released Sunday, found that Harris’s approval rating had surpassed Trump’s in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and Michigan. In Michigan, Harris was leading Trump in favorability by a whopping 57 percent to 47 percent.

Many online predicted that Trump would be incensed over the results. “The ketchup is going to hit the wall in Mar-a-Lago after this new Fox News poll,” remarked former Clinton White House aide Keith Boykin on X (formerly Twitter).
"The ketchup is going to hit the wall ..." :D

Back
Top Bottom