Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kamala Harris' time is up

You have to wonder why they give Obama's full name, what are they trying to achieve?

Also, wish journalists would grill Cheung and all the others who come out with stuff like "Marxist fraud" and "radical Marxists" as to exactly what they mean, or what they understand about Marxism when peppering their soundbytes with such comments.
It's deliberate dog whistle stuff and intended to emphasis that Obama has an Arabic (and therefore probably Islamic-sounding) middle name.

He's been doing it for years. It's all he has.

Yes, that too. What I meant a bit by the second bit; sure they were part of high level Dem discussions about candidate possibilities.
Yeah, Biden décision and endorsement is good for a news cycle.

Clintons' endorsements are good for another news cycle.

Now Obamas' endorsements are good for another news cycle.

If a campaign manager was looking for ways to keep Harris at the top of the news agenda - rather than the broadcast media leading bulletins with whatever Trump has been ranting about - then this is the way to do it.

Expect more official endorsement statements from party grandees and celebrities and scions of industry to trickle out rather than a 'big bang' of dozens all at once.

That's a savvy media strategy. Also, these are big egos involved. They won't want to ride on the coat-tails of someone else's statement: Yeah, me too, I endorse Harris as well.

They will want to give current endorsements a little bit of breathing space before making their own statement endorsing her.

yeah - trump is blatantly fuming that Kamala Harris is all anyone is talking about - HE TOOK A BULLET FOR DEMOCRACY !!! A BULLET MIND YOU - NOT A PIECE OF SHRAPNEL LIKE THE CROOKED FBI ARE SAYING! - and the media is like "yeah - whatever - that was weeks ago - more importantly - Is KAMALA BRAT?"
Really is shaping up as a contest between two very different americas - socially liberal, young, forward looking, diverse america vs bitter, white supremicist, pro-gun, anti abortion, paranoid (and whatever their equlivalent of gammon is) Amercia.
On paper its a no brainer between the two candiates - but its still a massive headscrathcer why someone so utterly repulsive and toxic as trump commands the support he does.

Last edited:
Maybe Lin-Manuel will do another piece for Kamala? This was from the last election, when the pandemic was raging, but thankfully they still got the vote out. A fab piece that could be all over social media to push the vote. A very apt song.

Yeah, Biden décision and endorsement is good for a news cycle.

Clintons' endorsements are good for another news cycle.

Now Obamas' endorsements are good for another news cycle.

If a campaign manager was looking for ways to keep Harris at the top of the news agenda - rather than the broadcast media leading bulletins with whatever Trump has been ranting about - then this is the way to do it.

Expect more official endorsement statements from party grandees and celebrities and scions of industry to trickle out rather than a 'big bang' of dozens all at once.

That's a savvy media strategy. Also, these are big egos involved. They won't want to ride on the coat-tails of someone else's statement: Yeah, me too, I endorse Harris as well.

They will want to give current endorsements a little bit of breathing space before making their own statement endorsing her.

A perfect summary! These people have all their ducks in a row.

I think the timing is important, or at least significant.

If he'd given his support too early, it might have looked as if he was trying to influence the party or the process unduly.

But if he'd waited too long after it became clear that Harris will be the candidate, even though it hasn't been officially confirmed, then people like ]barlimo[[/B]/USER] and the Trump campaign cited above would have the opportunity to continue suggesting that he wasn't endorsing her because he thinks she's a Marxist fraud who can't beat Trump.

It isn't the most important thing, but it is significant, IMO, that he's done it now rather than waiting until the whole selection process is officially over[B].[/B]
ER]
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="andysays, post: 18676926, member: 58653"]

[/QUOTE]

I’m not aware of that entertainer’s oeuvre. Are they a popular beat combo?
Really, or are you joshing? Here, take a gander. He has his extremely talented and creative finger on the button of all things US politics, and is a National Treasure for the US, keeping them laughing and sane throughout the Dumpty years.

Which one to go for, he has so many brilliant parodies? I could go for his Kamala one, but I feel sure it has been posted lately. So how about ones against the Don, of which there are many? Just a sample. You could spend hours going through them. He is a genius, and takes aim at others like Bannon, Empty Greene, Cruz, Graham, Hawley, Guiliani and many others. He kept me laughing through the horror of those dark days when he was in power, and he still does now.

So much talent, I could be here all night but I recommend you take a look as there is just so much to see.

Why balk? Intelligence isn't some sort of moral good, there's been endless very smart scumbags through history. It's is far more important to look on your enemies with clear eyes than to merely dismiss them, which only serves to make you feel just and helps not one iota in undermining their agenda. It's one of the great sources of liberal hubris to handwave the right as being full of stupid people. It isn't, in fact it's full of very smart people who know exactly how to manipulate mass audiences.

I'll continue to balk, thanks all the same. No argument whatsoever that he has intelligent people behind him, behind his rise, but he's their puppet, they're pulling his strings. He's their fool of a tool.

Let's see where this intelligence takes their campaign now, shall we?

Last edited:
I'll continue to balk, thanks all the same. No argument whatsoever that he has intelligent people behind him, behind his rise, but he's their puppet, they're pulling his strings. He's their fool of a tool.

I don’t think that’s true at all. He’s just one of those grotesque accidents that democracy throws up occasionally. It’s only this time round that sinister conservative interests have even worked out how to benefit from his presidency.

Really. I’ll explore, thanks.
You might need to set aside a good chunk of time, as there is just so much, and when I go on a Randy viewing, time slips away, as one brilliant piece leads to another. He is just so fabulously creative, funny and talented, and was doing these on his own in his apartment during lockdown. He deserves a Broadway show. He has garnered loads of fans, including some of his heroines like Streisand. I think the Dems should be utilising him, as he is (shocker I know 😉), a Dem.

I've not suggested for one moment that he is senile. Please don't put words into my mouth.

Standing on a podium talking drivel is indeed a rare attribute but whether it counts as a "skill" is debatable. I think it rather demonstrates instead that he just loves the sound of his own voice. Nothing he says is either clever, interesting - or even accurate most of the time. What you appear to suggest as something positive is, for me, simply performative nonsense.

I'm neither lazy, witless - nor a pouting teenager but I can see Trump for exactly what he is. Hurling mild insults at me is not helping your case one bit. 😉
It says far more about his audience, who are so unthinking he could spout nonsense for an hour and they would lap it up, waving $$$$$ at him.

As it is the Kamala thread, I will post this, as I think it was another forum that it was posted on recently. Apologies if it has already been posted, but it's good enough to watch again 😄.

Interesting approach

July 26 - More than 160,000 people joined a Zoom call on Thursday night to build support for Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris among white women, a voter demographic that has supported Republican nominee Donald Trump in the past two elections.

Organized by Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action, a gun-safety group with about 10 million members, the video call included activists, podcasters, the singer Pink and regular voters, several who said they regretted not doing enough before the 2016 election that put Trump in the White House.

A series of video calls supporting Harris's 2024 election bid has been hastily put together after President Joe Biden's announcement on Sunday that he would step aside in the race.

Hours after the announcement, more than 40,000 people joined a Zoom call for Black women supporters. One for Black men on Monday drew over 50,000 people and there have been separate calls for South Asian women, LGBTQ allies, and white men.
And good to see a few polls showing Harris doing well.

Let's see where this intelligence takes their campaign now, shall we?
He's left a trail of defeated opponents behind him and appointed loyalists to all the key positions in the GOP. But sure, keep mistaking an oafish demeanour for mindlessness, I'm sure it'll continue going as well for you as it did for Jeb Bush and Liz Cheney.

Back
Top Bottom