Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kamala Harris' time is up

Trumps has got to where he has by people continually underestimating him and his intelligence, dismissing him as ignorant , stupid, narcissistic, etc, etc. He has many, many, unpleasant traits but he is far from stupid. It has always irritated me that people dismiss him for this when in reality he is extremely cunning , manipulative and highly transactional (amongst other things). Although I accept he may now be displaying signs of cognitive disfunction/dementia etc. People made the same mistake with Boris Johnson with his studied disorganisation and buffoonery, they underestimated him too.
Reminds me of a cunt called Hitler.

Trumps has got to where he has by people continually underestimating him and his intelligence, dismissing him as ignorant , stupid, narcissistic, etc, etc. He has many, many, unpleasant traits but he is far from stupid. It has always irritated me that people dismiss him for this when in reality he is extremely cunning , manipulative and highly transactional (amongst other things). Although I accept he may now be displaying signs of cognitive disfunction/dementia etc. People made the same mistake with Boris Johnson with his studied disorganisation and buffoonery, they underestimated him too.

It's a valid argument but when that 'intelligence' only appeals to those of the same ignorant, narcissistic, manipulative, bigoted, amoral mindset as displayed so openly by both trump and johnson, when it's so visibly that, then it's really not an 'intelligence' worth defending. Apart from which, it so egregiously and offensively shits all over those innocents who believed them, who thought someone was genuinely in their corner.

And yet that seems to be what you're doing and supporting?

Last edited:
It's a valid argument but when that 'intelligence' only appeals to those of the same ignorant, narcissistic, manipulative, bigoted, amoral mindset as displayed so openly by both trump and johnson, when it's so visibly that, then it's really not an intelligence worth defending.

And yet that seems to be what you're doing.
Guile may be a better word.

It's a valid argument but when that 'intelligence' only appeals to those of the same ignorant, narcissistic, manipulative, bigoted, amoral mindset as displayed so openly by both trump and johnson, when it's so visibly that, then it's really not an intelligence worth defending.

And yet that seems to be what you're doing.

Not really , I think you misunderstand my post, I think he is intelligent - however unattractive that manifests itself in his behaviour, etc. That's not he same as defending it , which I am not.

So all of the "Late Great Hannibal Lecter" stuff is all completely normal discourse then is it? :hmm:

Not really , I think you misunderstand my post, I think he is intelligent - however unattractive that manifests itself in his behaviour, etc. That's not he same as defending it , which I am not.

I do see that. :) I just balk at 'intelligence' being used in the context of trump. I don't see it as intelligence, just low cunning, amoral opportunism.

Trumps has got to where he has by people continually underestimating him and his intelligence, dismissing him as ignorant , stupid, narcissistic, etc, etc.
Is that true? Or has he got to where he has by repeatedly appealing to the worst side of human nature, supported by huge amounts of money and other misogynist, racist republicans and fundamentalist Christians?

Is that true? Or has he got to where he has by repeatedly appealing to the worst side of human nature, supported by huge amounts of money and other misogynist, racist republicans and fundamentalist Christians?
And supported by a media that will demonise anyone even slightly to the left of hard-right. This is nothing new. Michael Dukakis was demonised by the right in 1988, allowing George Twathead Bush the Senior to beat him.

That's my fear for this time round. Harris is, in American terms, unapologetically liberal, as was Dukakis. She might sound moderate to us, or even right wing, but she won't to certain kinds of US voters.

Upthread someone was saying KH is like the president in various sci-fi apocalypse type films - and Kamala has a bit of President Barbara Jacobi from PC game feelancer vibe -

1721937408470.png

It's this aswell, but he knows how to manipulate all of this , it takes some skill, imo.

someone on reddit saying:

plus

Bots and directed disinformation agents have to retool and re-orient and change direction.
They need to be charged with new talking points and scripts.
and
Yes, a decrease in Biden commentary and also an increase in misogynistic and racist (I should have added this to begin with) memes and comments about Harris. Switched tactics!

I do see that. :) I just balk at 'intelligence' being used in the context of trump. I don't see it as intelligence, just low cunning, amoral opportunism.
Why balk? Intelligence isn't some sort of moral good, there's been endless very smart scumbags through history. It's is far more important to look on your enemies with clear eyes than to merely dismiss them, which only serves to make you feel just and helps not one iota in undermining their agenda. It's one of the great sources of liberal hubris to handwave the right as being full of stupid people. It isn't, in fact it's full of very smart people who know exactly how to manipulate mass audiences.

first test for harris

A few days ago, billionaire LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman gave $10 million to the Kamala Harris effort, and promised a lot more. Hoffman is a Silicon Valley titan, part of the “PayPal mafia” that includes Peter Thiel and Elon Musk, though Hoffman sits on the Democratic side of the aisle. This morning, Hoffman went on CNN and issued demands. Harris must end Biden’s tariff and antitrust regimes, he said, and fire Federal Trade Commission Chair Lina Khan.

This appearance was followed by reporting that there’s a Silicon Valley fundraising tour for Harris being planned by none other than… Reid Hoffman. Ok, so it’s pretty stunning for an oligarch like Hoffman, with a net worth of a couple billion dollars, to publicly make such a demand. So why is he doing it? One reason is that there’s a lot of money involved. As the Lever reported, Hoffman is on the board of Microsoft, which is right now being sued and investigated by the FTC. It’s a pretty good gig, if you get to fire the law enforcer investigating your misdeeds.

Still, there’s another reason. Hoffman is a sophisticated operator who wants to be a kingmaker in politics. The money is real enough, but he’s likely leaking the fundraising tour as a means of forcing Harris to be seen to do his bidding. Hoffman wants Harris to get rid of Biden policies which protect workers through trade and antitrust so that big business can do what they want. And he’s going to supply the financing for Harris’ campaign if she does what she’s told.

Back
Top Bottom