Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

July 2005 London bomb blasts: UPDATES AND NEWS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION

past caring said:
I'd have kept me mouth shut if his first post (now edited by Mrs M) wasn't a clear piece of coat-trailing for his own particular band of mumbo-jumbo. Sorry - maybe I'll just stop here.

Fair enough if they were spamming their particular belief in an opportunistic way I can see your point.

slaar said:
Loads of info here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22989-1693797,00.html

They reckon they have identified the mastermind, who slipped out of the country the day before, fourth bomber has just been identified as a British-born guy of Jamaican origin (!?), possible fifth bomber still out there and a sixth and seventh possible support members in the cell.

They're working quickly here it seems.
Cheers for the link. And yes, I'm quite surprised how quickly the bombers were identified, their movements tracked and the base of operations (the house in Leeds) was located. And now this.

Any news on the Victoria line bombscare at Seven Sisters today? Been scanning but seem nowt.

They closed the rail as well as the tube and chaos ensued. Took me three hours to get to work.

Can I just ask everyone in London to make sure that ANY bags, packages, envelopes...in fact ANYTHING they are wearing or carrying is GLUED or sugically implanted cos I'm SICK of having to leave beers and having journeys delayed by IDIOTS.

2stepfan2 said:
Any news on the Victoria line bombscare at Seven Sisters today? Been scanning but seem nowt.

They closed the rail as well as the tube and chaos ensued. Took me three hours to get to work.

I thought that was caused by a defective train? :confused:

2stepfan2 said:

ermt here was fuck all scare at seven sisters today ... i used it fine there was a defective trian which lead to staiton over crowding at finsbury park which meant they closed it for a bit...

try not to jump to conclusions remember when the tannoy on the vicky line says services are opperating normally it means the trains are defective will break down get stuck in tunnels and not stop at stations randomly, oh and you will be delayed... this is normal service for the vicky line...

Exactly - peeps have to develop a 'normal LU service' filter before jumping to any conclusions about alerts and bombs and what have you...

Police are about to release CCTV images of one of the bombers with his backpack on shortly before he went off somewhere to explode.

_41304879_hussaincctv_split_pa203.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4683555.stm

images released

Anyone hear of this thing about Lindsey Germain being mentioned within the context of these bombers? Channel 4 news was just on and her name was mentioned in a odd way regarding them...

* Mohammad Sidique Khan: Aged 30, from Beeston, Leeds, recently moved to Dewsbury, married with baby. ID found at Edgware Road blast site.

* Hasib Mir Hussain(confirmed): Aged 18, lived Holbeck, Leeds. Reported missing on day of bombings. Said to have turned very religious two years ago. ID found in No 30 bus.

* Shehzad Tanweer(confirmed): Aged 22, born Bradford, lived Beeston, Leeds. Studied religion in Pakistan. Forensic evidence linking him to Aldgate blast.

* Lindsey Germaine: Jamaican-born man who lived in Buckinghamshire.

* Police are hunting for a fifth man who they believe masterminded the attacks. It is believed he has left Britain

* A sixth man, an Egyptian chemistry student who has disappeared from his house in Leeds, is also being sought

from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676861.stm and http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4683555.stm

(Different Lindsey Germain Kid_Eternity, not the SWP one)

Chemistry student Magdi al-Nasher arrested in Cairo. Police investigating London bombings searching a flat in Leeds linked to him.

BBC News Alerts

Shit this is moving quickly!!

What I'm wondering is if this is moving so quickly how much info did the Thames House actually have before the event and could it have been prevented?

KeyboardJockey said:
What I'm wondering is if this is moving so quickly how much info did the Thames House actually have before the event and could it have been prevented?

If there is any sort of genuine conspiracy theory around these events - that is it - as is the case with 11/9.

exosculate said:
If there is any sort of genuine conspiracy theory around these events - that is it - as is the case with 11/9.

I'm not trying to encourage any tinfoil hattery but they do seem to be working remarkably fast when compared to how the IRA bombers were tracked in the 80's or even in the case of the Omagh bomb.

Maybe they had suspicions that something was going to happen but not where or when.

KeyboardJockey said:
I'm not trying to encourage any tinfoil hattery but they do seem to be working remarkably fast when compared to how the IRA bombers were tracked in the 80's or even in the case of the Omagh bomb.

Maybe they had suspicions that something was going to happen but not where or when.

No nor am I - but I am suspicious of what my be termed 'prior knowledge' to some degree.

KeyboardJockey said:

I imagine the difference is London is plastered with CCTV cameras these days - I read somewhere detectives pored over about 5,000 CCTV tapes so managed to track the terrorists' movements back. London has more CCTV than any city in the world.

Im not so sure. I think the terrorists (refuse to call them bombers) left their details on the trains deliberately so that was the main lead. From there, most of the other info has probably been found on computers/mobile phones at the terrorists' houses.

gunner

gunneradt said:
Im not so sure. I think the terrorists (refuse to call them bombers) left their details on the trains deliberately so that was the main lead. From there, most of the other info has probably been found on computers/mobile phones at the terrorists' houses.

gunner

Good point.

An ex-MI5 agent was asked 'What will happen next?' last week on on eof the news programs, one of the things she said was that they would pull in undercover operatives to de-brief and put the info together. This, with the ID from the bombers must have helped the intelligence jigsaw.

KeyboardJockey said:

Put it this way: the account presented makes sense and doesn't contradict the laws of physics.

• 07/07 a.m. Bombs go off
  • 07/07 p.m. One person reported missing, on a trip to London with friends, by parents; things are said that raise suspicions, even if only through an officer's preconceptions abt Muslims...
  • 07/07 p.m. some IDs likely found as early as this
  • 08/07 Start interviewing shocked and horrified friends, family, employers: who did these people hang out with?
  • 12/07 Enough of a picture of the network has emerged to search houses
  • 12/07 approx. One person they hung out with is Egyptian, a chemistry PhD and missing. Strongly encourage the Cairo police to find any people matching that description and recently come back from Yorkshire...
  • 15/07 p.m. They find one

It's not as if there's any proof presented that said Egyptian was actually involved, or even the right Egyptian if there was one involved.

I take it as a given that the police had leads earlier than they announced them - it'd be a first if this time they'd decided not to tip of possible accomplices.

So there's no need to raise the question of foreknowledge.

gunneradt said:

gunner
That was, of course another huge lead. But the CCTV was important too.

Quick ?

Was the CCTV analysed by humans or was there some kind of recognition software running as well (not to ID them but to look for peeps appearing across multiple cameras who would track as being possible suspects)?

exosculate said:
Theres no reason not to raise it either

Apart from giving aid and comfort to tinfoilhattery.

exosculate said:
The chronology doesn't show anything.

me said:
Put it this way: the account presented makes sense and doesn't contradict the laws of physics.

See? No extra hypothesis is required.

Give me something like records of the suspects being arrested and let go, then you'll have something to explain.

I'm sure there are people (they're called journalists) working on this now.

Edited to add: Please be clear that I'm not defending Box 500. They exist to do nasty things (nasty-ish, relative to this) and we can be sure that if there were foreknowledge they'd do their damnedest to cover it up. But the problem with cover-ups (and lies in general) is that constructing an entirely consistent lie that leaves no documented traces is as much work as constructing an entire real world.

laptop said:
Apart from giving aid and comfort to tinfoilhattery.

See? No extra hypothesis is required.

Give me something like records of the suspects being arrested and let go, then you'll have something to explain.

I'm sure there are people (they're called journalists) working on this now.

Edited to add: Please be clear that I'm not defending Box 500. They exist to do nasty things (nasty-ish, relative to this) and we can be sure that if there were foreknowledge they'd do their damnedest to cover it up. But the problem with cover-ups (and lies in general) is that constructing an entirely consistent lie that leaves no documented traces is as much work as constructing an entire real world.

Its early days mate - keeping an open mind is the order of the day.

Back
Top Bottom