Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Joe Biden's time is up

This is just mental isn't it? Why does anyone think that it's sensible to have an 86 year old President? How can this even be a debate? Let alone when the alternative is a demagogue who has just been gifted king-like powers by the Supreme Court.

Feels like watching the collapse of America in slow motion - or at least, the whole idea of America that's dominated my entire life. But the crazy thing is the amount of Democrats who seen happy to persist with this charade. Like some sort of collective mass delusion. He's too fucking old. Get a grip.

This is just mental isn't it? Why does anyone think that it's sensible to have an 86 year old President? How can this even be a debate? Let alone when the alternative is a demagogue who has just been gifted king-like powers by the Supreme Court.

Feels like watching the collapse of America in slow motion - or at least, the whole idea of America that's dominated my entire life. But the crazy thing is the amount of Democrats who seen happy to persist with this charade. Like some sort of collective mass delusion. He's too fucking old. Get a grip.
It's not so slow in motion, it's a headlong run into full on fascism. And the media are lapping it up even though they'll be the first against the wall if not praising gloriousl leader.

The collective result of individual corruption. Lots of already rich people pursuing their own best interests with not a care for the effect on the overall system.

With apologies to petee i have to say I’m glad I don’t live there.

It strikes me that "the mainstream media" must be collectively shitting themselves today.

Presumably trump will be able to shut down any news organisation he doesn't agree with and punish their owners/reporters in whatever way he sees fit.

Or am I worrying unnecessarily because, of course, he would never do such a thing...?

The collective result of individual corruption. Lots of already rich people pursuing their own best interests with not a care for the effect on the overall system.

With apologies to petee i have to say I’m glad I don’t live there.
But I'm sure lots of the voices I'm seeing on social media chastising people to get with the programme and Back Biden are not just rich people pursuing their own interests. They're invested in a proposition that is plainly ludicrous and downright dangerous and unable to see that.

Also glad to be this side of the pond. At least our own lurch toward fascism appears delayed by five years. Though Starmer will likely be its handmaiden.

But I'm sure lots of the voices I'm seeing on social media chastising people to get with the programme and Back Biden are not just rich people pursuing their own interests. They're invested in a proposition that is plainly ludicrous and downright dangerous and unable to see that.
but the alternative is a lot worse.

It strikes me that "the mainstream media" must be collectively shitting themselves today.

Presumably trump will be able to shut down any news organisation he doesn't agree with and punish their owners/reporters in whatever way he sees fit.

Or am I worrying unnecessarily because, of course, he would never do such a thing...?
Nobody would never do such a thing more than Donald Trump, the crooked mainstream media knows it and the failing radical left know it, they hate America which is a terrible country, by the way, I aced the cognitive test etc etc burble

I don't think they'll be too worried, since much of the US mainstream media carries water for MAGA anyway. Including so-called "liberal" outlets such as CNN which recently got bought by a conservative billionaire.

hmm is trump going to win because of a bad presidential debate from joe

or because of how shite the party itself is .. starting to remind me of Corbyn elections

let destroy the party before asking people to vote for us

one dude just be exposed as a pedophile on from the release of further epstein files and gave rambling incoherent responses to much of the debate as Biden

but the democrats themselves are trying to torpedo their own chances before the official nomination

republicans might be chasing the devil but at least they keep true to the course after years of revelations and look set to win because of it

Last edited:
He's doing some talking again. Few slips, but honestly he's more convincing than e.g. a certain recently elected prime minister.

*er... obviously a 10 minute speech hasn't got me convinced by genocide Joe, but y'know, I'm not one of the party faithful.

Last edited:
He's doing some talking again. Few slips, but honestly he's more convincing than e.g. a certain recently elected prime minister.

*er... obviously a 10 minute speech hasn't got me convinced by genocide Joe, but y'know, I'm not one of the party faithful.
Yes but was he reading an autocue?

Yes but was he reading an autocue?

Probably. Some lines that seemed like fumbled autocue prompts. But relatively good at it if so; looking around, talking to people in the audience etc. I'm not actually convinced, I think the thing I'm really getting at is that it was convincing enough and that's a bit of an issue if you want to replace him before the next debate, which isn't until Sept 10.

Although he has now claimed to be the first black woman to serve with a black president, so it's not all looking good.

“I have medical doctors trailing me everywhere I go. I have an ongoing assessment of what I’m doing. They don’t hesitate to tell me if something is wrong,” he said.
Not the endorsement he thinks it is. :facepalm:

I wonder (hope) how true this is
  • While the first 2024 presidential debate appeared to alarm some Democratic leaders, our surveys of swing-state for Bloomberg News show the matter has done little to change the underlying dynamics of the contest.
  • In the aggregate, Biden continues to underperform Trump among each candidate’s respective 2020 voters and their own party bases, while the two presumptive nominees are splitting independent voters almost evenly.
  • Within the individual states, Biden leads former President Donald Trump in Michigan and Wisconsin, cementing several months of slightly improved performance, but has no advantage in Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.
  • That said, among all swing-state voters, 55% said Biden should not continue his campaign, including 29% of Democrats and 58% of independents, and voters increasingly view each candidate’s vice presidential selection as important.
  • While race dynamics remain relatively stable, the data suggests the public would be amenable to a different Democrat atop the ticket, should Biden ultimately decide to end his campaign.

Back
Top Bottom