Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

why are you even replying to him? He’s come on here displaying every single middle class liberal prejudice that has caused this. They are the dead weight around our necks. I’m done with these fucking clowns

The thick northern racists voted for the Tories because I think they are thick racists?

I work in the NHS. I have a Windows 7 computer, staff regularly get chest infections because the building is so damp, there's a hole in the roof, and the phones have been down twice this month because rats ate through the cables and there's no money to fix the basement properly.

Excess waste in the public sector. You fucking twat.
I couldn’t do care planning all this week due to multiple issues with our 3 desktops from the 90’s and the WiFi has been down for three weeks. They built a new hospital up here but cut corners to save money so now for example the water in shower rooms has been going into bedrooms due to no slope in the flooring, there were plug fittings with no wires in them, leaks in many places and now people doing repairs have been told to not tell anyone what they are reparing :eek: I suspect there will be issues in the new council run care home we are due to move into next year- we could have flying roof tiles in high winds like the new school did a couple of years ago, that was fun.

P. S. I've worked in the NHS since 1998. Even under New Labour, in mental health managers had to find 'cost savings' every year. Every year since 1998.

You monstrous fucking twat.

I hate the way they've always called them "efficiency savings" ignoring the fact that they've made the 'savings' by actually cutting the services. Increasing efficiency means maintaining service levels (to patients, and staff pay/conditions) - cutting costs is something different.

I hate the way they've always called them "efficiency savings" ignoring the fact that they've made the 'savings' by actually cutting the services. Increasing efficiency means maintaining service levels (to patients, and staff pay/conditions) - cutting costs is something different.
I think there was a time when public sector system redesign could in some cases make savings and maintain service levels, outcomes and patient satisfaction .However increasingly cuts are just cuts with no real third sector to take up the casualties.

Try real policies like removing business managers from the NHS and putting people in there with Yorkshire/Scottish generosity.
The Tories see NHS success as getting rid of as much as they can to private suppliers, Labour see success as how much cash they can throw at it.
I would see success as treating as many people as possible with as little waste as possible, something no fucker ever seems to think about.
I've been taking a look at how both groups treat the service, neither actually considering people, just political ideals.
Why do hospitals have fucking big wasted areas in reception? Yes they look pretty, but they cost a fortune that could be diverted to medical needs. Why do hospitals have big, fancy signs? They need direction signs so you can find wards and other places, but only a business needs advertising style signs, hospitals do not.
Business need expensive logos, hospitals can use standard fonts on a white background, but they waste money on pointless shit anyway.

I'd offer 10% of whatever saving they make (first year cost saving or one off payment in the case if an item) to every whistleblower or member of the public that reported waste. That'd leave wasteful managers fucked as in sacked for stupidity with the waste to be paid back out of their own pockets, and employees with extra cash in their pockets, all saving money that can be diverted to what hospitals are for, looking after people.

The same goes for councils and every other public service.
Look at this

View attachment 192868

A job center is there to get people back into work, not waste piles of cash on custom consoles when a simple and cheap tablet set into a far cheaper stand would do the same job. The expensive printer at every position could be replaced with a pencil and postit notes.

Services that work as well as possible at the absolute minimum cost so as many people can be helped as possible.

What possible argument can be brought up against providing services at minimum cost and best efficiency, and punishing incompetent managers while you're at it?

Massive improvements to public services but a lot less cost as waste is consigned to history.
So it doesn't look as pretty, but someone needing life saving medical care is less likely to be interested in a nice reception area if their life is saved as a direct result of dumping waste.

are you Richard Branson?

I felt bitter anger about the attempt to say that the child sleeping on the floor was fake news. I sometimes had to make patients sleep on the sofa on inpatient mental health wards in the early 2000s. Thousands of mental health patients have had to sleep on chairs in emergency departments for years because of lack of beds. So efficient though.

Oh the anger is coming now. People were shown the state of the NHS and just like our PM they don't want to look.

Imagine going into a crowded underfunded under resourced hospital in desperate need of repair and maintenance and coming out thinking as a result why doesn't that prat cobyn respond to my emails about smaller back and white signs with less words on them? I must have sent hundreds now.

I'd also ignore reality if I was desperate to find excuses for the fucking obvious. Yes, the NHS logo is simple, but the waste on logo designs for hospitals is bloody stupid.

Link 1

Link 2

Millions flushed down the big when all they needed to do was draw a square and bung 3 letters inside using a standard font, something any kid with a cheap Android phone could have managed for a tenner and a bag of sweets. Then make the standard for printing black and white with blue and white using standard cutting vinyl blues on signs, but all changed only when stocks run out or signs need replacing due to age or damage, never to replace what they have in stock. That also means far cheaper mono printing and cheaper cut vinyl signs. Old tech that comes in at a lot less cost but lasts just as long.
As for glossy brochures, not needed.

Back to hospital design and massive waste. This looks pretty, but the choice between pretty and heart surgery?

Queen Elizabeth University & Royal Hospital for Children | IBI Group

SmartSelect_20191213-200429_Chrome.jpg

Million spent on looking nice when the NHS can't provide free dental treatment and essential medicines - Fucking mad

I felt bitter anger about the attempt to say that the child sleeping on the floor was fake news

They could sleep on the expensive floors in the above pictures, a real privilege for them .. or the cash could have been spent on care staff and beds.
Neither major party is even bothering, just privatising or slinging cash at a problem that could be relieved with a bit of common sense.

Centrist, moderate, progressive, liberal, progressive, ChangeUK, Independent Group irrelevances need to shut the fuck up and fuck off.

It was them throwing their toys out the pram over the 2016 Referendum result that really stopped Labour from formulating any kind of workable policy about Brexit, which is the single biggest thing to fuck Labour yesterday. That entire approach to politics was decisively rejected yesterday. They were all but wiped out and good fucking riddance to them. To look at them and decide ‘yes, that’s just what the Labour party needs‘ is insanity.

Many of the policies Labour put forward remain popular, but Corbyn and co fucked it themselves too. Putting aside their Brexit debacle, the brutally negative Tory election campaign and the incessant media onslaught against them, Corbyn and Labour still made some serious fuck ups.

Corbyn himself failed to shine this election. Put him in front of a sympathetic crowd to deliver a prepared speech and he can storm it, but put him with a hostile interviewer (that’d be all of them) or a Question Time audience and he isn’t a quick thinker, sharp, incisive or good at details. He can get flustered and defensive. While his supporters may forgive him all that, the rest of the electorate won’t. It goes beyond just lacking polish, which would probably be forgiven if he was better when put on the spot. Being all over the place over Brexit and then all over the place over anti-Semitism reinforced this into an image as a ditherer.

Then there was their manifesto. It was too big and unfocussed and gave no clear message about what it was all about. The cost was always going to be thrown at them, so they’d carefully costed it all so that even the Financial Times got behind it, if not the neo-liberal IFS who were never going to support any kind of big spending plan. Then they remembered the WASPI women and threw that in uncosted and undermined all the work they’d done on showing how their plans were affordable.

Things like the 4-day week and life-long learning fund aren't well understood proposals and will take time and clarity to get across to people, but they didn’t have time or space to debate this along with everything else they’d thrown in. They should have concentrated on a smaller number of clear proposals and tied it up with a simple message about rebuilding Britain after years of austerity or something. The core message they went with was ‘Save the NHS’, which is of course an important one, but it left the rest of their manifesto unnoticed and largely undiscussed. And even with that simple message they overplayed their hand. By making the narrative ‘the Tories want to sell the NHS to the US – we must stop them’ it failed to make the impact it could, as people recognise that the issue is far more complex than that and it allowed the Tories to quite truthfully say ‘no we won’t’.

And all that's before even thinking about Corbyn's top-down approach to politics.

I’ve no idea who Corbyn should be replaced with, but if it’s some kind of Keir ‘Haircut’ Starmer centrist shitehawk then Labour will remain fucked for the foreseeable future.

P. S. I've worked in the NHS since 1998. Even under New Labour, in mental health managers had to find 'cost savings' every year. Every year since 1998.

Patient care is what the NHS is about so cost savings can only come from dumping waste, never from care budgets. This needs a hammer and no mercy to waste and the way the system creates a stupid 'business' culture in a system that isn't about business. Once that's sorted and business managers sacked, much more funding can go in because it will go where it's needed, not some idiotic and expensive space that would be fine in a corporate headquarters but is pointless in a hospital.
Also, only people with medical experience should be in charge of medical care, not tory bean counters.

I'd also ignore reality if I was desperate to find excuses for the fucking obvious. Yes, the NHS logo is simple, but the waste on logo designs for hospitals is bloody stupid.

Link 1

Link 2

Millions flushed down the big when all they needed to do was draw a square and bung 3 letters inside using a standard font, something any kid with a cheap Android phone could have managed for a tenner and a bag of sweets. Then make the standard for printing black and white with blue and white using standard cutting vinyl blues on signs, but all changed only when stocks run out or signs need replacing due to age or damage, never to replace what they have in stock. That also means far cheaper mono printing and cheaper cut vinyl signs. Old tech that comes in at a lot less cost but lasts just as long.
As for glossy brochures, not needed.

Back to hospital design and massive waste. This looks pretty, but the choice between pretty and heart surgery?

Queen Elizabeth University & Royal Hospital for Children | IBI Group

View attachment 192874

Million spent on looking nice when the NHS can't provide free dental treatment and essential medicines - Fucking mad
You're banging on about a symptom not a cause, which will be the sort of corporate style management that goes for logo designs rather than having an in-house team dedicated to making attractive facilities fit for purpose.

I felt bitter anger about the attempt to say that the child sleeping on the floor was fake news. I sometimes had to make patients sleep on the sofa on inpatient mental health wards in the early 2000s. Thousands of mental health patients have had to sleep on chairs in emergency departments for years because of lack of beds. So efficient though.

Oh the anger is coming now. People were shown the state of the NHS and just like our PM they don't want to look.
Obv not got the same insight as you but when daughter born after a concerning birth mum and baby kept in for five days - 3 days on ward so I had to go home 6-6 leaving other half (not in good state) on communal ward as no men allowed at night, then last two nights we got a room where I slept on chair, then couple of years later I got knocked off cycling and kept in for two days with head injury - no beds so kept in a&e, which obv deprives them of emergency bed. Staff great of course, brilliant both times, but very clear everything is always over capacity. Similar when I needed emergency surgery a few years back, went in with septicemia but while there they identified sepsis - but was in for days on a/b and morphine drips waiting for surgery for an op that took 25 minutes. It's really not scare mongering is it, health service is fucked, it can't cope despite best efforts of those working in it

The thick northern racists voted for the Tories because I think they are thick racists?

my brother in law, an ex miner from Northumberland voted for the brexit party as Labour had turned remain

my current neighbour, an ex miner from Durham who voted leave saying he’s wanted out of the EU decades ago said he wasn’t going to vote Labour this time as he felt Corbyn was like an overgrown student and he didn’t trust his brexit stance.

I will tell them both they are thick racists next time I see them.

my brother in law, an ex miner from Northumberland voted for the brexit party as Labour had turned remain

my current neighbour, an ex miner from Durham who voted leave saying he’s wanted out of the EU decades ago said he wasn’t going to vote Labour this time as he felt Corbyn was like an overgrown student and he didn’t trust his brexit stance.

I will tell them both they are thick racists next time I see them.

Yes. Tell them they are thick racists. A few questions about why they want to leave the EU should reveal that to be the case.

These ex-miners must be rich and healthy to prioritise leaving the EU over what the tories will do to the poorest in society. Or maybe they are thick racists.

Yes. Tell them they are thick racists. A few questions about why they want to leave the EU should reveal that to be the case.

These ex-miners must be rich and healthy to prioritise leaving the EU over what the tories will do to the poorest in society. Or maybe they are thick racists.

edit. Can’t be arsed.

Last edited:
You know what’s more depressing than the result? This fucking thread.
Most people aren't like this violent moderate pogromist though. Or the handful of others i encountered first thing this morning on turning the computer on. They just shout loudest and their content is so stupid that it stands out. I don't think anyone decent on here would line up with them surely?

Most people aren't like this violent moderate pogromist though. Or the handful of others i encountered first thing this morning on turning the computer on. They just shout loudest and their content is so stupid that it stands out. I don't think anyone decent on here would line up with them surely?
It's a fucking bloodbath out there man. I'm turning it all off for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom