Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

As someone pointed out on Twitter, Trump is older than Corbyn and Murdoch is substantially older than both.

e2a this is from January 2018

No, Jeremy Corbyn is not too old to be prime minister – here's why
Well as he’s proven himself completely unfit to be PM, this is all rather moot. Jezza will turn this country into the European Venezuela. He is wholly unfit to lead Labour, never mind the country.

His response to that Times piece was extremely telling, and only goes to prove how egocentric and arrogant he is. He is the far-Left Trump, I'm astonished his fan club aren’t all wearing MBGA hats.

Like Trump, Corbyn only superficially cares about the state of the country, he cares more about his ‘legacy’ and how he’s perceived. If Jez cared about the country, he’d have been screaming for Remain; he’d have been marching the length and breadth of the country wearing a EU flag T-shirt, he’d have vigorously challenged Vote Leave and Leave.EU, on their lies and propaganda, but he didn’t. He is on record as saying that he believes that migrants are responsible for the current economic crisis, they are responsible for low wages and rising homelessness. He believes that EU workers are stealing jobs from U.K. workers. I don’t want a xenophobe as PM.

What this country needs is a forward-thinking, progressive globalist as PM, Jeremy Corbyn is nationalistic and insular, just like Boris and, also just like Boris, he’s also incredibly racist.

It is extremely telling that he has been completely silent on the fact that his party is being investigated by the Equalities and Human Rights Commission over anti-Semitism (and has done precisely fuck all to address the issue, quite the opposite he’s allowed the main offenders back into the party (yes, I know Chris ‘Nosferatu’ Williamson (veganism: not even once) has been suspended again - but for how long…? I’ll give it less than a week)) but as soon as a paper publishes a story that paints him in a less than favourable light, he’s demanding a full civil service enquiry. He is an egotist, there’s no other way to describe him and, for as long as he remains Labour Leader, the party is heading the same way as the Tories: extinction.

Thing is, he’s so paranoid someone might challenge him, that he’s taking steps to ensure that doesn’t happen, by ensuring that all future election candidates are 100% loyal.

Corbynistas can’t understand why I loathe him; apparently being disabled and on benefits means that I should automatically be screaming “Jezza for PM!”

He needs to go - now, before the damage done to Labour becomes irreparable. Thing is, his refusal to back a People’s Vote likely means it’s alreal too late.

Boris isn’t the British Trump, Jeremy Corbyn is.

He is on record as saying that he believes that migrants are responsible for the current economic crisis, they are responsible for low wages and rising homelessness. He believes that EU workers are stealing jobs from U.K. workers.

source please?

he made the opposite point at some of the meetings he addressed (and was largely not reported on) during the run up to the brexit referendum, making the point that it's the tories not immigrants.

he's on record as repeating this since, first example (independent) that came up here.

Well as he’s proven himself completely unfit to be PM, this is all rather moot. Jezza will turn this country into the European Venezuela. He is wholly unfit to lead Labour, never mind the country.

His response to that Times piece was extremely telling, and only goes to prove how egocentric and arrogant he is. He is the far-Left Trump, I'm astonished his fan club aren’t all wearing MBGA hats.

Like Trump, Corbyn only superficially cares about the state of the country, he cares more about his ‘legacy’ and how he’s perceived. If Jez cared about the country, he’d have been screaming for Remain; he’d have been marching the length and breadth of the country wearing a EU flag T-shirt, he’d have vigorously challenged Vote Leave and Leave.EU, on their lies and propaganda, but he didn’t. He is on record as saying that he believes that migrants are responsible for the current economic crisis, they are responsible for low wages and rising homelessness. He believes that EU workers are stealing jobs from U.K. workers. I don’t want a xenophobe as PM.

What this country needs is a forward-thinking, progressive globalist as PM, Jeremy Corbyn is nationalistic and insular, just like Boris and, also just like Boris, he’s also incredibly racist.

It is extremely telling that he has been completely silent on the fact that his party is being investigated by the Equalities and Human Rights Commission over anti-Semitism (and has done precisely fuck all to address the issue, quite the opposite he’s allowed the main offenders back into the party (yes, I know Chris ‘Nosferatu’ Williamson (veganism: not even once) has been suspended again - but for how long…? I’ll give it less than a week)) but as soon as a paper publishes a story that paints him in a less than favourable light, he’s demanding a full civil service enquiry. He is an egotist, there’s no other way to describe him and, for as long as he remains Labour Leader, the party is heading the same way as the Tories: extinction.

Thing is, he’s so paranoid someone might challenge him, that he’s taking steps to ensure that doesn’t happen, by ensuring that all future election candidates are 100% loyal.

Corbynistas can’t understand why I loathe him; apparently being disabled and on benefits means that I should automatically be screaming “Jezza for PM!”

He needs to go - now, before the damage done to Labour becomes irreparable. Thing is, his refusal to back a People’s Vote likely means it’s alreal too late.

I'm not reading all that can someone summarise?

I'm not reading all that can someone summarise?
Corbyn is our Donald Trump a racist who hates migrants , cares more about his celebrity and turning us into another Venezuela than his allotment , Jam or the people really
Boris is the best bloke if you are disabled and on benefits

Oh and Jezzas planning to distribute Donald Trump lets make America great again hats to his Corbynistas ;)

Last edited:

No, if you're right he needs to stay until the damage to the Labour Party is irreparable

You have patently been in the sun too much this weekend. Have a lie down in a darkened room, put a wet towel over your head

Do you work for The Times or The Graun?

He is on record as saying that he believes that migrants are responsible for the current economic crisis, they are responsible for low wages and rising homelessness. He believes that EU workers are stealing jobs from U.K. workers. I don’t want a xenophobe as PM.

UK cannot and must not close borders to EU workers, says Corbyn

He blamed unscrupulous employers and government spending cuts for the impact of immigration on the public. “It’s not migrants that undercut wages, but unscrupulous employers that do so. Migrant workers are often the victims of some of the worst exploitation,” he said.

He called for the government to re-establish the migrant impact fund, which helps local authorities to cope with the costs of immigration, and to close a loophole in the EU’s posted workers’ directive, which he said allowed firms to bring in staff from other EU states and pay them below the going rate. “We cannot and should not want to close the borders,” he said.
The posted workers directive was finally amended last year. Stricter Rules Adopted in Amendment to Posted Workers Directive. I'm surprised I haven't seen any Remain+Reform people use it to argue that reform is possible under enough pressure. Especially within Labour. If they get forced into backing Remain with no plan B they're going to need these arguments. It'll be a straight fight between no deal and revoke with Labour taking the blame for both outcomes.

UK cannot and must not close borders to EU workers, says Corbyn

He blamed unscrupulous employers and government spending cuts for the impact of immigration on the public. “It’s not migrants that undercut wages, but unscrupulous employers that do so. Migrant workers are often the victims of some of the worst exploitation,” he said.

He called for the government to re-establish the migrant impact fund, which helps local authorities to cope with the costs of immigration, and to close a loophole in the EU’s posted workers’ directive, which he said allowed firms to bring in staff from other EU states and pay them below the going rate. “We cannot and should not want to close the borders,” he said.
The posted workers directive was finally amended last year. Stricter Rules Adopted in Amendment to Posted Workers Directive. I'm surprised I haven't seen any Remain+Reform people use it to argue that reform is possible under enough pressure. Especially within Labour. If they get forced into backing Remain with no plan B they're going to need these arguments. It'll be a straight fight between no deal and revoke with Labour taking the blame for both outcomes.
TBF, 'unscrupulous employers and government spending cuts' is almost the same as 'migrants and EU workers stealing jobs from UK workers', if you change most of the words for different ones...

Can you back any of this up, that seems like a ridiculous assertion. I don't see the similarity at all

I'm astonished his fan club aren’t all wearing MBGA hats.

Such things already exist

rees-mogg_topHat.jpg

This is truly awful stuff from Labour.

To summarise:

1. Labour will campaign for remain if a Tory deal comes before Parliament.
2. If it doesn’t and BJ calls an election labour will campaign to leave.
3. If labour win it will put its own deal to a public vote and might campaign to remain on that basis. But it’s also possible it could campaign against its own deal.

Bar the two camps around Corbyn, which can be characterised as the unions and his advisers v McDonnell/Abbot/the plotters/liberals this lash up changes nothing. Leavers will still perceive labour as remainers and vice versa.

Tactically, it leaves labour in the event of a snap general election in a three way fight with the LDs and Greens to defend its 2017 seats and over the who gets the vote of the 48% of remain voters clustered in seats in holds already.

Barmy.

Unions agree Labour should back remain in referendum on Tory deal

Last edited:

To summarise:

3. If labour win it will put its own deal to a public vote and campaign might campaign to remain in that basis.

Bar the two camps around Corbyn, which can be characterised as the unions and his advisers v McDonnell/Abbot/the plotters/liberals this lash up changes nothing. Leavers will still perceive labour and remainers and vice versa.

Tactically, it leaves labour in the event of a snap general election in a three way fight with the LDs and Greens to defend its 2017 seats and over the 48% of remain voters.

Barmy.

It really couldn't be more of a muddled mess if they tried. Campaigning to complete their own type of brexit in a GE will destroy them. I'm pretty sure the majority of the country are fed up with brexit so to campaign on starting again is just crazy.

To summarise:

3. If labour win it will put its own deal to a public vote and might campaign to remain on that basis. But it’s also possible it could campaign against its own deal.

Bar the two camps around Corbyn, which can be characterised as the unions and his advisers v McDonnell/Abbot/the plotters/liberals this lash up changes nothing. Leavers will still perceive labour as remainers and vice versa.

Tactically, it leaves labour in the event of a snap general election in a three way fight with the LDs and Greens to defend its 2017 seats and over the 48% of remain voters.

Barmy.

It is a failure of explanation more than anything else. A second referendum without a General Election, with the current Government in power during it, really is a daft idea that could only ever have been proposed by people who proved that they were fine with the Tories being in charge between 2010-2015. Labour could also easily have just said that if they'd won in 2017, we would have had some sort of utopian Brexit that everyone could have gotten behind, but because of the last two years being wasted this is no longer possible.

Instead we have this, which is rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom