Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Just looking back at where Lab/Con polling fortunes stood when Corbyn assumed the Leadership:
Labour were on 30.4%
& the vermin on 39.0%

...and where they are now:
Labour are on 31.1%
& the vermin on 25.2%

Discuss. :D
upload_2019-5-19_17-24-57.png

upload_2019-5-19_17-24-39.png

Just look ing back at where Lab/Con polling fortunes stood when Corbyn assumed the Leadership:
Labour were on 30.4%
& the vermin on 39.0%

Now:
Labour are on 31.1%
& the vermin on 25.2%

Discuss. :D
3 1/2 years on and Labour are no closer to achieving a parliamentary majority if there were to be an election tomorrow.
I'm not sure the collapse in the Tory vote is thanks to Jeremy.
We are still no closer to resolution of the antisemitism issue.
The party is increasingly hostile to diversity of opinion and abusive towards those with a Blairite tendency, and Labour lost several MPs to a splitter party.
If the LibDems got their shit together I think Jeremy would be in a precarious position.

3 1/2 years on and Labour are no closer to achieving a parliamentary majority if there were to be an election tomorrow.
The party is increasingly hostile to diversity of opinion and abusive towards those with a Blairite tendency, and Labour lost several MPs to a splitter party.
If the LibDems got their shit together I think Jeremy would be in a precarious position.
"We"?

Boo fucking hoo

Yeah, after getting the biggest jump in popular vote for ages + huge support from membership base Corbyn's would be in definite trouble.

First 2 sentences - yep. Maybe 3rd as well.
4th - GOOD!
5th - Doubt it.

Labour received a big bump when corbyn took over and it has been consistently dropping ever since. More so in the last few weeks.

At a time when the opposition couldn't get any worse this hasn't been a great performance. IMHO of course.

Labour received a big bump when corbyn took over and it has been consistently dropping ever since. More so in the last few weeks.
Absolute fucking rot. brogdale posted the plot of the polls just up above so it is not like you even have to look far to check this out.

There was a little bounce after the 1st leadership election, another around spring 2016 but then a general trend down until the 2017 GE when it shot up. There's then been another downward trend since.

Boo fucking hoo
I just think that is limiting support to 30%.
We will see. Maybe some sort of LibLab Pact or Concordat will emerge. I don’t see Jeremy managing to win over the 10-15% of the electorate required to have a working majority to even think about passing the more interesting bits of his manisfesto

You think Corbyn ought to have a blairite manifesto in reserve for if he wins, but doesn't get above 30% of the popular vote?
Well, as long as he doesn’t follow Trump into any wars... ;)
I can’t see he will end up with the sort of majority to force radical change through against opposition in the Lords. That’s assuming he manages to win a majority. At only 31% against the current Tory party, that’s a big IF.

I just think that is limiting support to 30%.
We will see. Maybe some sort of LibLab Pact or Concordat will emerge. I don’t see Jeremy managing to win over the 10-15% of the electorate required to have a working majority to even think about passing the more interesting bits of his manisfesto
Support for the unpopular privatisations of New Labour? Or the Iraq War? Or perhaps he should increase the attacks on the disabled?
Lets be clear what you are arguing for is for the already weak social democracy of the current LP to be watered down even further. For it to do even less about inequality, about exploitation, etc.

Someone on twitter makes this point about Labour's changing vote base:

upload_2019-5-19_20-33-34.png

Not seen that before...I assume it's not made up.

Before using it as the basis for discussing why Labour will inevitably end up being the remain opposition to a 'No-Deal' fundamentalist vermin leader, probably worth considering that the period 2010-2017 saw quite a bit of Lab -> UKIP churn and that Lab had 4 million more voters in 2017.

Still, quite an interesting point?

Someone on twitter makes this point about Labour's changing vote base:

View attachment 171532

Not seen that before...I assume it's not made up.

Before using it as the basis for discussing why Labour will inevitably end up being the remain opposition to a 'No-Deal' fundamentalist vermin leader, probably worth considering that the period 2010-2017 saw quite a bit of Lab -> UKIP churn and that Lab had 4 million more voters in 2017.

Still, quite an interesting point?

Can't find this tweet at all on Ian Warren's timeline.
Also couldn't find that statistic floating about anywhere else.
Ian Warren (@election_data) on Twitter

Back
Top Bottom