Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

The complete contrast between the sure-footedness of the campaign with the apparent shambles of the party in parliament has been the most interesting thing imo.

I think the Blairites have mostly shut up, while the Momentum kids who hate their guts get them re-elected, whereas in Parliament, they're continually able to stick the knife in.

Yes.

But Labour IS the establishment in enough places to hobble this idea.

Sure is in Birkenhead, where 'Mad Frankie' Field has an invincible majority and the Tories don't have a hope.

Or Liverpool's Mayor Joe Anderson, who is widely characterised locally as being a byword for flagrant corruption, but who doesn't have to worry about the Tories exploiting the population's intense loathing of him and his crooked mates.

Wirral West on the other hands is being fiercely contested, and Labour aren't at all the establishment.

Cameron's suit was uniform for his job, to exude well fitting competence when representing party and country. Theresa's clothes are 'look how much these cost' labels.

Nevertheless you don't need an excuse for attacking Dave for being a posh, smug bastard and you don't need to make one for May either.

Misogynistic tosh!

Blairites don't exist and the word has no meaning. Use the term "moderate". But not too often. That causes them to disappear too.

Maybe just call them "non-Corbynistas". That would set them apart from the Cultist-Dog-Trots that still support the no-mark Geography teacher. [Blairite-in-Leftie-clothing]

Blairites don't exist and the word has no meaning. Use the term "moderate". But not too often. That causes them to disappear too.

Maybe just call them "non-Corbynistas". That would set them apart from the Cultist-Dog-Trots that still support the no-mark Geography teacher. [Blairite-in-Leftie-clothing]
On second thoughts perhaps you shouldn't post what you think after all.

But just imagine how funny it will be if they win. Lots of humble pie being eaten by pretty much everybody involved with politics - from the PLP to the Tories to journalists. It'll be hilarious.

I don't expect any humble pie at all. What I expect is loads of sensible, sober establishment types lamenting how the country is fucked, going to the dogs, the people are confused after the Brexit vote, Theresa May made unfortunate errors etc. Just more mouthing off basically. Few if any will acknowledge openly that the result is a) what (the) people actually want and b) it's good for the country's future not to have a government of sales-types flogging everything off when we leave the EU.

Last edited:

'Blairite in leftie clothing' works nicely to the tune of 'Angels with Dirty Faces' by Sham 69. Could be this election's 'Things Can Only Get Better'.

I don't expect any humble pie at all. What I expect is loads of sensible, sober establishment types lamenting how the country is fucked, going to the dogs, the people are confused after the Brexit vote, Theresa May made unfortunate errors etc. Just more mouthing off basically. Few if any will acknowledge openly that the result is a) what (the) people actually want and b) it's good for the country's future not to have a government of sales-types flogging everything off when we leave the EU.

It will be interpreted as a 'cry for help' from er, someone.

'Blairite in leftie clothing' works nicely to the tune of 'Angels with Dirty Faces' by Sham 69. Could be this election's 'Things Can Only Get Better'.

Only if it is sung by George Eaton

well_well.png

http://www.conservativehome.com/the...te-at-conhomes-conference-fringe-meeting.html

Oddly enough, the freak just liked a post of mine from 2015, he must be combing ancient threads for material.

I was asked to look at voting history and I did so.
I read a post of yours and was honest enough to press the like button despite your attitude towards me.
I still think you're an arsehole.

The fact that he attended a CCHQ meeting on how to take down the Labour Leader and did so as political editor of the NS does not alarm you?

Oh, that was 18 months ago. Oh well.
The political editor of the New statesman attended an event at a tory party conference directly bearing on his job. Another smoking gun.

Having been asked to "get to know where we are coming from on Urban" I start reading past threads to get to do just that.

I even like posts that I well...like.

In response I get called a "creepy" and "freak".

Nice people, eh?

She's done it again :facepalm:Diane Abbott suffers new car crash interview trying to defend Jeremy Corbyn over IRA claims
"Diane Abbott suffers new car crash interview trying to defend Jeremy Corbyn over IRA claims"
I don't care what Diane says about someone else, I care about what that someone else actually did. The best way to find that out is to talk to that someone else, and not deliberately choose someone in the hopes you'll get this kind of result. This is a shit show - not to excuse her performance, but really it's utterly irrelevant. She isn't responsible for who JC talks to or when.

...And now Comrade George reports from the leftist frontline, muhahaha, MUHAHAHAHA! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I don't care what Diane says about someone else, I care about what that someone else actually did. The best way to find that out is to talk to that someone else, and not deliberately choose someone in the hopes you'll get this kind of result. This is a shit show - not to excuse her performance, but really it's utterly irrelevant. She isn't responsible for who JC talks to or when.

Sorry, but that's just not true. He wants to lead this country's response to terrorism and she wants the most important role in that. They have made it, since the Manchester attack, a key election issue. Their record and their beliefs are up for scrutiny.

The PM and the Government of the UK are that for all UK citizens including loyalists and victims of the IRA. We would rightly highlight any Tories with historic Loyalist sympathies who may not be even handed to Republicans. It's a classic mistake to assume that the concerns of others are unimportant just because the press is mischievous or because you fundamentally oppose the state.

The best thing for Labour is honesty and to propose the right anti-terror legislation and measures. What people mouthed off in the Eighties is a problem and they have to deal with it well.

Sorry, but that's just not true. He wants to lead this country's response to terrorism and she wants the most important role in that. They have made it, since the Manchester attack, a key election issue. Their record and their beliefs are up for scrutiny.

The PM and the Government of the UK are that for all UK citizens including loyalists and victims of the IRA. We would rightly highlight any Tories with historic Loyalist sympathies who may not be even handed to Republicans. It's a classic mistake to assume that the concerns of others are unimportant just because the press is mischievous or because you fundamentally oppose the state.

The best thing for Labour is honesty and to propose the right anti-terror legislation and measures. What people mouthed off in the Eighties is a problem and they have to deal with it well.
I'm not defending her inability to respond cogently. I'm saying that has no bearing on him and his ability to run the country.

Back
Top Bottom