Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

see the charitable part of me wants to believe Abbot- migrains can fell anyone and are allegedly like agony. But that good part of me is drowned out by a mental image of jimmy hill's chin waggling up and down to tune of yakety sax

no, revenge is a dish best served cold.

You are correct ,senior moment,actually its more machiavellian still.Because the current proposal is half of Dianes constituency is to be combined with wards from JCs islington North citadel.The old lovers have done a deal.-he goes for islington north she goes for hackney central.What a story.He knew what she was going to do.

So why is it being ignored -because boning on about his lack of authority fits the narrative better.

Cor blimey its a right old carve up and no mistake.

You are correct ,senior moment,actually its more machiavellian still.Because the current proposal is half of Dianes constituency is to be combined with wards from JCs islington North citadel.The old lovers have done a deal.-he goes for islington north she goes for hackney central.What a story.He knew what she was going to do.

So why is it being ignored -because boning on about his lack of authority fits the narrative better.

Cor blimey its a right old carve up and no mistake.
i can only assume you have not previously been a keen observer of labour party internal matters.

No dont live in London and tbh after half a lifetime its very boring so it passes me by.But no hint from the msm thats what its about.Just lazy journalism and a dominant tory narrative I suppose.

...Just lazy journalism and a dominant tory narrative I suppose.

I'm not sure you could describe the idea that Corbyn couldn't run a whelk stall as merely a Tory narrative...

Anyway, even if you could I'd suggest that given the alternative - that his closest, oldest political and personal ally in the Labour party thinks that his rule is likely to be sufficiently short-lived that she's prepared to throw a spanner in his spokes in order to get her mitts on the safest of safe seats - the couldn't run a whelk stall story is the one the spin doctors would be peddling....

I'm not sure you could describe the idea that Corbyn couldn't run a whelk stall as merely a Tory narrative...

Anyway, even if you could I'd suggest that given the alternative - that his closest, oldest political and personal ally in the Labour party thinks that his rule is likely to be sufficiently short-lived that she's prepared to throw a spanner in his spokes in order to get her mitts on the safest of safe seats - the couldn't run a whelk stall story is the one the spin doctors would be peddling....

They cooked it up between them -she is giving him a free run in Islington to do battle against Hillier a remainer in a remain constituency-hence her tactical abstention.If she had voted for Brexit that might have given her real problems in the selection to come.Hs on the other hand is happy for her abstention to be seen as undermining him when their joint motive is actually to give her the best chance of suurviving as an mp.No greater love etc etc works both ways .

sick of you denigrating the hard work of the seaside fishmonger. It requires a good eye and early mornings. Stop being dry to the whelk stallers

But what will Diane do tomorrow -Labour will be on three line whip to support the third reading even if no amendments carried.

Well, I'll laugh my tits off if she gets another headache...

Shall we run a book - A runny tummy, or traffic, perhaps had to wait in for a parcel?

Well, I'll laugh my tits off if she gets another headache...

Shall we run a book - A runny tummy, or traffic, perhaps had to wait in for a parcel?
Michael Portillo might have bought her a surprise railway journey as a pressie, could be providing moral support for Andrew Neil's new hairweave, could be stuck in a taxi given that she spent £1,100 on them in 2009, could be doing the egg and spoon race at the City of London School. So many demands on her time!

Acshually... my guess is she'll turn up and vote for the bill. Her no show last week was just about enough mood music to cling onto in the reselection process.

Unfortunately that's a proposal that involves unicorns and fairy dust - the EU rules are that you drop out of the EU on the second anniversary of triggering A50, deal or no deal. Moreover there is no legal mechanism within the EU treaties to rescind A50 once it's been triggered.

All this 'meaningfull vote' stuff is just the witterings of people who haven't read the rules, and ammusingly such witterings do nothing but play into hands of the hardest or hardest Brexiteers. To reject whatever deal May gets ensures that the UK will leave the EU on 1st April 2019 with no deal in place on pretty much anything.

You'd have thought that people who are so keen on the EU might have taken the time to read the EU's rules, but apparently not...

That is if Article 50 remains in effect. There is nothing to say that a member state cannot withdraw an Article 50 request before leaving - admittedly there is nothing to say that it can do it either, though given how Article 49 is worded (which doesn't say that a state could withdraw an application to join once made, even though such a course of action is obviously legal) I would have thought it is more than likely that a Court would accept that a state could do it.

That is if Article 50 remains in effect. There is nothing to say that a member state cannot withdraw an Article 50 request before leaving - admittedly there is nothing to say that it can do it either, though given how Article 49 is worded (which doesn't say that a state could withdraw an application to join once made, even though such a course of action is obviously legal) I would have thought it is more than likely that a Court would accept that a state could do it.
yeh but we've such a bunch of cackhanded wankers in parliament they'd fuck up the withdrawal of article 50 just as badly as they'll fuck up brexit

Vague rumours about a left challenge to corbyn on twitter this afternoon - anyone got any more?

No, I haven't though it could be interesting. Not sure what such a challenger's pitch would be? 'I agree with Jeremy, but he's not getting anywhere'? Let's accept Brexit?

No, I haven't though it could be interesting. Not sure what such a challenger's pitch would be? 'I agree with Jeremy, but he's not getting anywhere'? Let's accept Brexit?

personally i've not caught even a whiff - lots of people who have previously supported him who now no longer speak up in his defence and who very obviously think he's useless but who don't neccesarily say so openly - but nothing to suggest that there is an appetite for the deeply unpleasant squabbles that would accompany such a contest.

undoubtedly there'd be fewer tears if he walked than perhaps there would have been a year ago, but i don't see the left pushing him under a bus.

at least a left/right squabble can be dressed up as policy - but a left/left squabble is down to 'you're a useless cunt and you're mates with cunts', which kind of sours that collegiate, comradely spirit...

Vague rumours about a left challenge to corbyn on twitter this afternoon - anyone got any more?

Any challange from the left will result in the right winning surely? Or does the left in this case actally mean someone with a similar stance to Burnham?

Probably a few people eyeing up candidacies following the by-elections
Yep, looking at her twitter malarkey it doesn't look any firmer than that.
If Labour were to lose the by elections and also do badly in the local elections I suspect the focus will shift onto the labour left trying to get him to step aside rather than challenging him outright. A leftist challenge to him would operate at the level of high farce (unlike of course the high minded challenge of owen whatsisface)

If they take another baby step to the left once a year or so, by about 2150 they'll be roughly as Stalinist as the Mail thinks they are now.

Michael Portillo might have bought her a surprise railway journey as a pressie, could be providing moral support for Andrew Neil's new hairweave, could be stuck in a taxi given that she spent £1,100 on them in 2009, could be doing the egg and spoon race at the City of London School. So many demands on her time!

Was that as a Minister?

lots of people who have previously supported him who now no longer speak up in his defence and who very obviously think he's useless but who don't neccesarily say so openly
Do you not think you might be projecting your own views on to other people's silence? Maybe they are just unwilling to be drawn into any more futile slagging matches with people who are obviously never going to change their opinion, and are just getting on with useful stuff instead?

Do you not think you might be projecting your own views on to other people's silence?..

Nope, it's the body language - the raised eyebrows, the rolling eyes, the sighs, the crossed arms when the true believers are holding forth...

Back
Top Bottom