Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Rebecca Long Bailey the MP for Salford ( she was on Question Time the other week)is only 6-1 to be the next leader. I think she was only elected as an MP in 2015.

Rebecca Long Bailey the MP for Salford ( she was on Question Time the other week)is only 6-1 to be the next leader. I think she was only elected as an MP in 2015.

Made a good start but way too early for her(and imo Lewis,Starmer or Jarvis).

After the byelections key election this year will be West Midlands mayor.

Experience = previous complicity atm. No reason for lack of it to hold Starmer esp back.

Experience = previous complicity atm. No reason for lack of it to hold Starmer esp back.

He cocked up tonight ,and it is said ,is still too much of a lawyer and not enough of a politician.

Governing after the 2020 election seems like a poisoned chalice to me .Maybe leave it to 2024/5.

There is a rumour, and it may just be a rumour or an attempt to undermine Corbyn , that he has given a departure date ( not an immediate one) to his close circle. If its true then expect to see some jostling and maneuvering from the left MPs.

There is a rumour, and it may just be a rumour or an attempt to undermine Corbyn , that he has given a departure date ( not an immediate one) to his close circle. If its true then expect to see some jostling and maneuvering from the left MPs.

I've seen that rumour, only on Twitter though. Which doesn't mean it isn't true, but definitely not one to start making bets on.

Anyone care to speculate on potential candidates? I'm guessing Dan Jarvis, Chukka Ummuna, Clive Lewis...

It's just from that MEN journo I quoted above as far as I can tell. I've never known her to have any particular insight to national Labour politics before - presumably her source is someone local (Long Bailey, Burnham perhaps?)

Add Burgon to the list of possibles, at least in the frenzied world of idle speculation. He's alright, prefer him to Clive Lewis anyway, although a lot of people seem enthused about him. Angela Rayner's another one who's worthwhile, no idea if she'd be stepping forward mind.

They should also put up that other one that was pretty popular last time before Owen Who? took over.

I'm not good with names but you know who I mean - northern, Wallasey maybe? Down to earth, working class credentials. Made of clay and fired in a kiln.

They should also put up that other one that was pretty popular last time before Owen Who? took over.

I'm not good with names but you know who I mean - northern, Wallasey maybe? Down to earth, working class credentials. Made of clay and fired in a kiln.

Andy Burnham? Can't remember who else there was other than Yvette Cooper and Liz Kendall. He sank away fairly gracefully, not sure of his credentials mind. Either way he's going to be Mayor of Manchester, so bit late for power plays.

Word has it he just defenestrated May at PMQs with some neatly timed leaked texts re: a corrupt stitch up between the govt and Surrey Council to avoid a council tax referendum (cancelled yesterday). So that's nice. :)

He seems to be very apt at pulling a rabbit out of the hat when he's under the most pressure before going back to being shit again.

The job he's doing kind of depends on the upcoming by-elections, which I think Labour will win. And that's against the full media hysteria of supposed resignation and, yet again, a few million quids worth of free advertising for UKIP.

Back
Top Bottom