Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Blairites (really, what kind of moron supports someone who left office 10 years ago..?)

Just because Blair left politics 10 years ago, does not mean his ideology, i.e. Blairism, has.

According to the dictionary, proponents of Blairism are referred to as Blairites.

According to the "moderates" in the PLP, Blairites don't even exist, even when they are calling for his return to politics. Not that they really believe that for a minute. They just think people are stupid and deserve to be lied to.

Would you allow Farage to deny being a Thatcherite on the grounds that Maggie has snuffed it? Would you allow the same for a Marxist?

No. Because that is nonesense.

Members of Progress is what many people refer to as Blairites. You know that, too.

Now what about those names of non-Blairite non-Corbynista candidates?

misogynist creep was nearer my feelings about it.
So all that talk about trump with prostitutes abd golden showers was not mysogny until I mentioned it?

I will file that away with Trump Supporter, Crypto-Brexiter and Putin Bot.

well, i did cover moron...

she's, of course, not a moron. why she's been a member of the party for the last decade or so might be more of a mystery...

Why single Liz out? There are dozens of Labour MPs in the wrong party. Could it have had something to do with making Labour the equivilant of the US Democrat Party?

tbh he doesn't seem very keen to deny his admiration for margaret thatcher, so i don't see the point of this.

I wonder, if you tried really hard, whether you could see the point that I was trying to make about the absurdity of the notion put forwards by "moderates" that Blairites don't exist because Blair is no longer in the HoC?

If you really really tried, could you?

Would you?

I wonder, if you tried really hard, whether you could see the point that I was trying to make about the absurdity of the notion put forwards by "moderates" that Blairites don't exist because Blair is no longer in the HoC?

If you really really tried, could you?

Would you?
yes i can see the point you were trying to make, but you were making a fucking pig's ear of it. you don't do analogies very well: i cannot see the point of using farage as a comparison when he is so very eager to trumpet his admiration of thatcher.

Well that is something at least, Pickman. Perhaps I should have written "Would you allow an ex-Labour and now UKIP voter to claim that Farage is not a Thatcher man on the spurious grounds that the old tyrant is now worm food?"

Well that is something at least, Pickman. Perhaps I should have written "Would you allow an ex-Labour and now UKIP voter to claim that Farage is not a Thatcher man on the spurious grounds that the old tyrant is now worm food?"
yes, because i believe in free speech. you seem to think the answer should be 'no' because you, by contrast, do not believe in free speech.

next.

Why single Liz out?...

because DotCommunist mentioned her specifically?

...There are dozens of Labour MPs in the wrong party....

dangerous game - theres a very good argument that Corbyn, McDonnell et al were in the wrong party for 20-odd years (indeed rather more, their views only really mesh with the party of the early to mid 1980's - neither would have got much shrift in the party of Wilson or Callaghan, and certainly not Attlee..), they agreed with pretty much nothing it did, disagreed with pretty much everything it did, and all that while it won 3 elections on the trot (ha! see what i did there..?) and once or twice got to 50% in the opinion polls.

one day the Corbynites will lose control of the party with the normal ebb and flow of politics, and they may come to regret putting about the idea that MP's are members of the wrong party...

because DotCommunist mentioned her specifically?

dangerous game - theres a very good argument that Corbyn, McDonnell et al were in the wrong party for 20-odd years (indeed rather more, their views only really mesh with the party of the early to mid 1980's - neither would have got much shrift in the party of Wilson or Callaghan, and certainly not Attlee..), they agreed with pretty much nothing it did, disagreed with pretty much everything it did, and all that while it won 3 elections on the trot (ha! see what i did there..?) and once or twice got to 50% in the opinion polls.

one day the Corbynites will lose control of the party with the normal ebb and flow of politics, and they may come to regret putting about the idea that MP's are members of the wrong party...
tbh the worst thing about corbyn isn't his politics, it's his shitty management of the party. after more than 40 years as a councillor and mp you'd have thought he'd have gained some understanding of how the labour party leaders controlled the party, controlled policy debates and presentation and managed dissent. yet policy seems to be incoherent and badly presented, policy announcements are all too often rolled back and an air of utter chaos seems to surround the party.

if corbyn was doing a decent job of bringing his party with him then he'd be an excellent leader. but he really doesn't seem to.

So you suggested Liz was in the wrong party, and that was okay. Because you are not a "Corbynista". Which, by Blairite logic, none of us will be when Jeremy leaves the HoC.

By the way, you do remember Kinnock's purges, right? And the recent purges of supporters pre-leadership election?

Labour picks fight with Militant Tendency: from the archive, 16 July 1991

Now, about those candidates that are neither Corbynista nor "moderate". How are you getting along with your proposals?

Neon sign? No, names please. Sorry, but to save time could you repeat that one name that you gave. It eludes me.
goldfish_3353046b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom