Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

You're right. What a silly sausage I've been. Getting all worked up over a little genocide.
No I'm totally with you, genocide is definitely a bad thing. So being an anti-zionist just means that, that you don't like genocide, or Nationalism, and will stand up to it when you see it. ok.

I have to say this has been a very successful attack by Israel. It has really dirtied those that oppose and organise against Israeli war crimes.

I have to say this has been a very successful attack by Israel. It has really dirtied those that oppose and organise against Israeli war crimes.
I'm glad you're here Ding.
When you say 'this has been a successful attack by Israel' you mean jackie walker being temporarily removed from her position, yes? For never actually mentioning Israel, just her views on The Jews.

Yeah, well, you're hectoring rhetorical question "is this genocide?" looks to me like exactly the same rhetorical maneuver supporters of Israel pull when they demand to know if you believe in Israel's right to exist.

tbh I've only just heard of this Jackie Walker affair, but reading about it, it has emphasised a very important point.

If you are going to organise against Israeli war crimes, you really really really need to make sure you don't do so in an antisemitic way. And I'm afraid, whether by design or stupidity, that is what Walker did.

For example, don't start waffling on about Jewish bankers financing the slave trade when someone brings up the Holocaust. Just. Don't. Really, this shouldn't be so hard.

Yeah, well, you're hectoring rhetorical question "is this genocide?" looks to me like exactly the same rhetorical maneuver supporters of Israel pull when they demand to know if you believe in Israel's right to exist.

I though we were getting somewhere.

Genocide.png

...nope I cannot be arsed.

tbh I've only just heard of this Jackie Walker affair, but reading about it, it has emphasised a very important point.

If you are going to organise against Israeli war crimes, you really really really need to make sure you don't do so in an antisemitic way. And I'm afraid, whether by design or stupidity, that is what Walker did.

For example, don't start waffling on about Jewish bankers financing the slave trade when someone brings up the Holocaust. Just. Don't. Really, this shouldn't be so hard.

I'm not refering to Jackie Walker per se but the unrelenting anti-semitsim claims that has been turned up to 11 for months on end now.

I'm not refering to Jackie Walker per se but the unrelenting anti-semitsim claims that has been turned up to 11 for months on end now.
You're absolutely right that the Israeli govt does do this - they conflate anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism on purpose in an attempt to shut down criticism. They've been doing it for years. But that's just one more reason to avoid anti-Semitism, as if 'it's plain wrong' weren't enough reason. Anti-Semitic attacks on Israel do the Palestinian cause no favours - aside from providing ammo to the Israeli propaganda machine, they alienate potential allies.

No, I'm not particularly simple but I think you are.
I think you crave simplicity.
Who are this 'they" that you refer to, the they that want you to think that antisemitism & anti zionism are the same thing?

I was taking the piss out of frogwoman's nasty post.

That's what they want you to think.

Eh? My point was that.. We always hear that antisemitism and anti zionism werent the same thing. Everyone fucking knows that. yet time and time again 'anti zionists' insist on bringing up zionism every time something to do with anti semitism is mentioned. I dont think they even know they are fucking doing it most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom