Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

i doubt it - given that the Tories can count two female PM's and two female Home Secretaries while Labour can count none and one, i think he'd be well advised to keep his hole shut on the subject. Abbot has been put into Shadow HS because she's one of his oldest political friends, holds very similar views and will probably be the last of the Corbynistas to stick the knife in when it becomes a political neccesity.

and, as the man says, she can't be sent to shadow Education because she sent her son to a very nice school (can't recall if it was actually private or whether it was a Grammar in all but name..) that was a very long way from where she lived while saying that others should have their kids go to the local comp. she's also quite a bit posher than Justine Greening...
actually private. Abbott has clearly been given a job cos she's a close Corbyn ally. tbh it's pretty offensive to suggest that every non-white-male is somehow being chosen out of tokenism (not you).

I think we have a winner.
Just out of curiosity, What's your definition of a Zionist Dr Ding?

You've been shown to be wrong on many occasions now. To your credit you have acknowledge the error of your position on a couple of occasions....but then you just carry on conflating bigotry with the state of Israel.

You've been shown to be wrong on many occasions now. To your credit you have acknowledge the error of your position on a couple of occasions....but then you just carry on conflating bigotry with the state of Israel.
I did not ask you what you think about me.

What does the word Zionist mean?

I did not ask you what you think about me.

What does the word Zionist mean?

Nationalism. In a word.

What it has meant in practice is ethnic cleansing, slow drip genocide and war crimes committed by 'the only democracy in the middle east' for over 60 years.

Nothing to see here.

Nationalism. In a word.

What it has meant in practice is ethnic cleansing, slow drip genocide and war crimes committed by 'the only democracy in the middle east' for over 60 years.

Nothing to see here.

Nationalist? That is what you mean when you say Zionist? ok.
Are all manifestations of nationalism that result in the forced displacement and murder of civilians equally repugnant?

Between 1942 and 1945 the Jewish population of Europe fell by one third.

Since the Six Day war, the Palestinian population has double. Desperate though the Palestinian situation is, it's not genocide.
Agreed. And it doesn't help to misconstrue this, especially when far more apt comparisons, such as that with apartheid South Africa (not coincidentally a regime that was very chummy with Israel), are there.

Nationalism. In a word.

Nothing to see here.
It's not genocide.

Would it kill people to think about things?

It's not genocide.

Would it kill people to think about things?

Legal definition of genocide Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part1 ; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

It's genocide.

They're repugnant, you've got that much right at least. But they're not genocide.

"Legal definition of genocide Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part1 ; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.""

Let's do this slowly...

The bits in bold. Do you believe Israel has not committed those crimes?

Yes, ethnic cleansing and murder is repugnant. Next.
Next?
You agree that Zionism is an example of nationalism and that all manifestations of nationalism that result in people being killed displaced and becoming refugees is equally repugnant. Great.

ok next:
What does anti-Zionist mean ?

"Legal definition of genocide Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part1 ; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.""

Let's do this slowly...

The bits in bold. Do you believe Israel has not committed those crimes?
No, I believe the Israelis are peace loving agrarian reformers.

Next?
You agree that Zionism is an example of nationalism and that all manifestations of nationalism that result in people being killed displaced and becoming refugees is equally repugnant. Great.

ok next:
What does anti-Zionist mean ?

Christ this is boring. I much preferred it when you was black :(

Should a memorial to the genocide in srebrenica say spend pages banging on about isis?
This is the thing. You might well mention the Assyrians at an event commemorating the Armenian genocide but if you didn't it wouldn't make the event invalid or suspect.

Come on Dr.Ding. You are a passionate anti-zionist. What does it mean ?
I really am interested in your answer no rush.

Well, have a think. If I've loosely defined Zionism as a form of nationalism and that the state of Israel is committing genocide. What do you think that being opposed to Zionism could mean?

Clue: It's not bigotry.

This is the thing. You might well mention the Assyrians at an event commemorating the Armenian genocide but if you didn't it wouldn't make the event invalid or suspect.

You wouldnt expect a litany of armenian crimes to be recited at such an event either.

Well, have a think. If I've loosely defined Zionism as a form of nationalism and that the state of Israel is committing genocide. What do you think that being opposed to Zionism could mean?

Clue: It's not bigotry.
Oh, I get it now, you are someone who doesn't like genocide.
Please try harder.
I expected more from you, you've been a human shield after all. Are you just a general purpose anti-genocider?

The Holocaust was a particular thing. I dislike the idea that some have to call it 'special' or 'unique', but it was a very particular thing that was directed primarily at a particular group. Surely it's a silly dead end to complain about commemorations of that thing, which is still - just - in living memory. Those many Jews who survived WW2 in Europe and then sought a new life in Israel had very good reason to do so. That's worth remembering, whatever the Israeli state has done since, or indeed did before.

It's right to be on a keen lookout to see if this commemoration is being hijacked to political ends, but I can't see the sense in having a go at the thing in and of itself.

Back
Top Bottom