Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Well the pathetic hatchet job has prompted me to join Momentum just to spite the fuckers.
I did take the mickey out of someone in public who was past of the original 80s cull (or at least a supporter of it), but I'm careful with my words usually.

Bring it on, and I'll start being much more active again.

Why didn't he just be honest about Israel when he was asked? Oven Smith was expected to arse lick the Zionist cunts. Jeremy has proved he has no spine. Shame was hoping for someone credible on the left.

damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. The press and his enemies have been banging the 'jeremy jew-hater' and 'labour antisemitism' line from day one.

damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. The press and his enemies have been banging the 'jeremy jew-hater' and 'labour antisemitism' line from day one.
I feel well qualified to take them on as I am Jew-ish :D .

I don't think the original Zionists thought it would turn out like this, Israel as a state has just made a bad problem into a horror story.

You would thought all that cash from the states could have made the plight of the Palastinians into living in 5 star hotels.

Watching Dispatches right now. It's pretty tame stuff isn't it?

If the AWL are the scariest bogeyman they can drag out, well, it's pretty dismal all round isn't it?

Edit to add: Was that it? Is that all they've got? Frankly everyone's a loser in this one aren't they?

Last edited:

Mr Watson said: "We've had a very bruising summer, we are going to get a new leader elected on Saturday, we all think there is the likelihood of a very early general election and so we have got to put the band back together.

"For me, the heart of our party is the parliamentary party... and we have got to bring people back in. I think to have an elected shadow Cabinet, not an appointed shadow Cabinet, is one way we do that."
No new leader elected, no likelihood of an early election, PLP not the heart of the party, elected shadow Cabinet meaningless.

0/4 - Nice one Watson :thumbs:

I
Watching Dispatches right now. It's pretty tame stuff isn't it?

If the AWL are the scariest bogeyman they can drag out, well, it's pretty dismal all round isn't it?

Edit to add: Was that it? Is that all they've got? Frankly everyone's a loser in this one aren't they?

I have spoken to M.P's, LP members, not all have taken that from the programme, some see the AWL involvement as a clear example of entryism and tolerance of.

I

I have spoken to M.P's, LP members, not all have taken that from the programme, some see the AWL involvement as a clear example of entryism and tolerance of.
The soggies never seemed that organised to me, but usually trying to do the right thing.

AWL's Sacha Ismail responds:

I must say, his 1980s lefty accent is coming on leaps and bounds. I remember when he used to talk like Novara media's Darren Bacardi.

That is a bit sad.

The accent isn't as bad as Ed Miliband with Russel Brand.. Why be a fake though? I should sound North London, but my mum wouldn't have it (that was how we talked in the playground). My mum isn't posh. I didn't go fake northern when I moved up here ages ago.

Last edited:
The AWL and SWP are often the first port of call into radical left politics.
That was way back, and I wasn't going to join either group even if I liked some things they did. Lived round the corner from RCP too (odd, that lot, even if they dressed well and again, did some good work), and had very good Millie mates.

The stuff that keeps Owen Jones up at night

What a wanker

I think he's got a point. A hallmark of the 1970s schoolboy leftism I experienced was a kind of trying-too-hard prolier than thou-ness, which wasn't very edifying. I was more impressed by people who walked the walk than by those who had to belabour you with the purity of their ideology at every turn.

Course, along came Thatcher, and all the right wing kids started, too...

I think he's got a point. A hallmark of the 1970s schoolboy leftism I experienced was a kind of trying-too-hard prolier than thou-ness, which wasn't very edifying. I was more impressed by people who walked the walk than by those who had to belabour you with the purity of their ideology at every turn.

Course, along came Thatcher, and all the right wing kids started, too...

Part of the 'prolier than thou' thing can be middle class people acting out caricatures of 'working class' people, which excludes the latter. We don't read books or think apparently. Just swear... And belch. I can't stand that sort of rubbish. It's offensively ignorant and fundamentally misunderstands working class people. Posh boy with a tooth missing, you're still being received into the loving care of Gulag later on.

Back
Top Bottom