Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

just been reported on Daily Politics that Aaron Banks is now certain to set up a RW Momentum aimed at labour/ex labour voters.

Not sure if I can see this getting off the ground personally, my assumption would be that most of the people who would be sufficiently enthused about something like this wouldn't actually attend these sorts of meetings. Momentum is mostly made up of people who at one point or another have been involved in similar left projects, albeit mostly outside of the Labour Party, or who know people who have been. That tradition doesn't really exist on the right and hasn't for some time. In fact many of those who would be attracted to this sort of project ideologically are probably actually hostile to the idea of participatory democracy.

Not sure if I can see this getting off the ground personally, my assumption would be that most of the people who would be sufficiently enthused about something like this wouldn't actually attend these sorts of meetings. Momentum is mostly made up of people who at one point or another have been involved in similar left projects, albeit mostly outside of the Labour Party, or who know people who have been. That tradition doesn't really exist on the right and hasn't for some time. In fact many of those who would be attracted to this sort of project ideologically are probably actually hostile to the idea of participatory democracy.
It does exist. It's the labour party. That's why this is an answer to a joke that doesn't exist. Clearly.

There may be troubles ahead, but I think it is a time to be positive for a change, as long as we are active. Talking to people, even just getting them to agree that having a choice is a good idea, if it got to more serious, I'd be an engineer

There may be troubles ahead, but I think it is a time to be positive for a change, as long as we are active. Talking to people, even just getting them to agree that having a choice is a good idea, if it got to more serious, I'd be an engineer
Nope, doesn't scan.

for the lefties at least, isn't the collapse into Labour more a sign of total pessimism?

Surely the Corbyn Cabal must be plotting to undermine this return to the PLP electing the cabinet business. The PLP are hardly going to vote them in?

Back
Top Bottom