Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

I'm not getting to vote due to living in Tower Hamlets and having to triple-verify everything after the vote is in (I've moved since I last registered so have to do it all again).

Oddly my flatmate who doesn't support Corbyn (but not Smith either, so doesn't know what to do) was accepted without question. I didn't give them my Facebook or twitter details or anything but they can search by my email username.

On another thread two posters got their voting email yesterday. Voted. Then got their purge email.
Will their votes be counted though?

Cos Labour aren't conducting the election, the ERS are. Surely ERS can't accept Labour sending them a list "oh by the way, these people you sent ballot papers to? yeah they not eligible anymore (and they voted Corbyn)"

Cos Labour aren't conducting the election, the ERS are. Surely ERS can't accept Labour sending them a list "oh by the way, these people you sent ballot papers to? yeah they not eligible anymore (and they voted Corbyn)"

I am wondering that. I voted straight away after I got the ballot just in case I got purged. I have been on Owen Smith's case ever since and quite publicly accused him of being an Blairite arse goblin.

Our very own silver fox, marty21 is famous today on twitter - just seen eion with a little list of 'the purged 9' and our marty is front and centre :D
That went a bit viral :D I kept getting notifications all day :D gained a few followers though #whichisnice . Got an email today from Hackney Labour asking if I could help :hmm: it's the Hackney Mayoral Election today :hmm: After purgegate I really can't be arsed voting today which is :(

I was told in my purge letter that my vote wouldn't count

I have just changed my email address on Facebook. Didn't know you could still search for people via email address!

so is this election also for the NEC?

I don't really understand how they are elected?
the NEC has several different sections, only a small number of whom are elected by the members. That election was last month, and the momentum backed slate won all 6 places which were up. They only join the NEC after conference though.

the NEC has several different sections, only a small number of whom are elected by the members. That election was last month, and the momentum backed slate won all 6 places which were up. They only join the NEC after conference though.

So how many pro-corbyn vs anti-corbyn members will there be on the NEC at the end of all this?

Not sure. Here's the current list though - it's easy enough to tot up who's pro and anti from the ones you know, I'd imagine the other members will be googleable.

Of those, Baxter, Reeves (I think) and one of the councillor reps are out. Not sure how the election of the other reps is arranged, some of them might well be changing too.

Labour's National Executive Committee

Back
Top Bottom