Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

I'd hang in there, few more times back and forth and you can sell your story of online lefty bullying hell to all the newspapers.
"And, sob, whilst it was only names.... sob, there was always a BRICK lurking in the background"

when did politics become full of self important 14 YO demands for maturity (because you aren't secure in your own)? its distracting, and its a control thing. You don't get to define the terms of the debate. Also perhaps in your maturity you overlooked who you were responding to.
Fuck off you stormtrooper cunt! :mad:

when did politics become full of self important 14 YO demands for maturity (because you aren't secure in your own)? its distracting, and its a control thing. You don't get to define the terms of the debate. Also perhaps in your maturity you overlooked who you were responding to.

In discussions with the powerful they are able to use it as a way of disciplining people who are less powerful than themselves without engaging in the substance of what they are saying. In discussions like this it doesn't really serve any function at all, I think centrists just see the people who they want to emulate doing it and decide that it's just a good way to conduct debate.

In discussions with the powerful they are able to use it as a way of disciplining people who are less powerful than themselves without engaging in the substance of what they are saying. In discussions like this it doesn't really serve any function at all, I think centrists just see the people who they want to emulate doing it and decide that it's just a good way to conduct debate.
its also totally illogical. You do not reach adulthood without having heard and perhaps used a deal of salty language. Perhaps not as freely as I do but the level of affront taken, well, when did everyone become a vicar? 'ooooh swearing and names! names!'

normally followed up by 'I'm telling'

its also totally illogical. You do not reach adulthood without having heard and perhaps used a deal of salty language. Perhaps not as freely as I do but the level of affront taken, well, when did everyone become a vicar? 'ooooh swearing and names! names!'

I had this at work a while ago in a dispute with a colleague. I used the word 'fuck', or possibly 'fucking' as an adjective. It was not directed at him directly, but he seized on it as inappropriate. He feigned offence, and from that moment on I couldn't win. It's a dishonest but sometimes effective trick.

Well, most political pundits now are a weird amalgamation of a Labour student at the NUS and Mary Whitehouse

I had this at work a while ago in a dispute with a colleague. I used the word 'fuck', or possibly 'fucking' as an adjective. It was not directed at him directly, but he seized on it as inappropriate. He feigned offence, and from that moment on I couldn't win. It's a dishonest but sometimes effective trick.

Ah for a world in which these people are punished instead of rewarded for that sort of behaviour

Thing is I do control my language around kids, nans, people who I think might take umbrage legitimately because they are indeed offended, genuinly. You don't blaspheme in front of my mother without being pulled up for it. But its usage as you describe is a cunts trick indeed
Sure. In this case, he wasn't offended. He was delighted that I'd done something he could fixate on to deflect from the fact he was acting like an arse. But yes, as a general rule in any dispute, "don't be the first to swear" is a good strategy.

In cwm's case, it's more a matter of desperation, I feel.

Well that escalated quickly!

All I did initially was reply to something I read on here that was definitely factually inaccurate. I wasn't looking to debate. I was then asked for an opinion about Owen, and from that, this is the result. Being from ponty does not necessarily mean I support him. I've enjoyed this forum for a few years and the was something I knew that was factually correct to contribute. I was naive to think you'd be interested in knowing the facts. I think you all need to calm down a bit.

Well that escalated quickly!

All I did initially was reply to something I read on here that was definitely factually inaccurate. I wasn't looking to debate. I was then asked for an opinion about Owen, and from that, this is the result. Being from ponty does not necessarily mean I support him. I've enjoyed this forum for a few years and the was something I knew that was factually correct to contribute. I was naive to think you'd be interested in knowing the facts. I think you all need to calm down a bit.

CalmDown-title.jpg

Small drumlins of 'moral high-ground' for those lacking any real elevation.

“I disapprove of being called a cunt, but I will defend to the death your right to call me a cunt.” Actually, I am a cunt. :(

Back
Top Bottom