Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Smith has got himself in short-medium term lose/lose situation. The lesser loss is to stick it through until formal defeat as it could potentially mark him as big beast and first challenger on the paper next time around. That could backfire though and he'd instead been seen as an opportunistic chiseller with a poor tactical grasp of the party and wider issues. To pull out will ensure this is the case.

Given how they have acted so far, I think there has to be very good odds on "pull out".

Maybe Labour need a Bond Guarantee Scheme - 'pay your £25 safe in the knowledge you'll get it back if the NEC fucks up'.

Labour are increasingly looking like some dodgy lettings agency: yeah, I know it wasn't on the inventory, but you've lost a teaspoon, so...

View attachment 90468

screen-shot-2016-08-08-at-13-05-45-png.90468

Is it me or does Owen Smith's social media team seem to favour the avalanche of garbled drivel approach to twitter?
Peter noone? That's a good offer. The new album was surprisingly good. Seriously.

Transact? They have a program running stuff that just changes words in a set-piece don't they?

Given how they have acted so far, I think there has to be very good odds on "pull out".
Well, I've certainly got a sneaking suspicion he now wishes Sore Like an Eagle had got more nominations than him. It would have been humiliating, but he wouldn't have been left thinking, 'oh, sweet fuck, not another 2 months of this'.

Maybe Labour need a Bond Guarantee Scheme - 'pay your £25 safe in the knowledge you'll get it back if the NEC fucks up'.

Labour are increasingly looking like some dodgy lettings agency: yeah, I know it wasn't on the inventory, but you've lost a teaspoon, so...
used car salesmen. Gmail adress and shit portacabin office

Well, I've certainly got a sneaking suspicion he now wishes Sore Like an Eagle had got more nominations than him. It would have been humiliating, but he wouldn't have been left thinking, 'oh, sweet fuck, not another 2 months of this'.
the Arghh must be quietly pleased that she isn't the only person whose going to end up looking a right wally over all this.

Who is actually respoinsible for the legal challenge? Chair of the NEC?

The coup-ists have massively fucked this up - support for corbyn will surely only grow as a result of their serial incompetance and extremely damaging behvoir - as well as the financial and reputational cost to the labour party. I imagine a lot of long term people within the party who are not neccesarily Corbyn supporters will furious with the way they have behaved.

Everyone should apply for a £25 refund.

There's fuck all chance this lot have the capacity to work out whether you actually paid it or not.

Is there any chance trade union members could claim the subs they have paid into the Labour party since they joined?

not neccesarily Corbyn supporters will furious with the way they have behaved.
its a display of contempt for internal party democracy that offends everyone :D As for Owen 'happening dad' Smith, well the lols continue. Theeres one who will claim Prodigy but his car stereo has only a Scorpion cd in it

Androu is a twerp - had an absolute liberalmungous meltdown re : brexit, decides it's all Corbos fault, then exposed the fact he had no idea whatsoever that Corbyn had quietly opposed the EU for 30'years - just not sure how / why anyone would take this dude seriously ( do they ? Who is he ? )

I like "liberalmungous", and shall be expropriating it as needed. :cool:

If Owen Smith did withdraw from the leadership it would probably leave the party at least morally bound to offer the return of all the £25s. I don't think he will given that, on balance, withdrawing makes him look an even bigger fool than sticking it out till September and getting crushed in the vote. However since his faction seem keen to utterly fuck the party there must be a few neurons in his reptilian brain that like the idea.

This might be a silly question but the judge said that the claimants must have their £25 refunded, is it actually clear that Labour are legally obliged to give votes to all the recent members, or just refund the £25 to those recent members who signed up as registered supporters.

I dunno Wilf, I know little about Smith but what I have seen shows me someone motivated by a lot of self belief. I think he buys his own shit iyswim. On that grounds hhe would be more likely to go 'fuck you all I will win'. Rather than deciding to damage Corbyn/party chances by pulling out of the contest. Ego is something I always forget with politicians. Theirs are MASSIVE

Back
Top Bottom