Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Ah, 'the natural conservatism of the British public.'

In many ways, it's my own (small c) conservatism that makes Corbyn seem quite appealing. I've never seen the Conservatives as anything other than free market radicals out to disturb the calm of a quiet English Sunday afternoon - and I like Sunday afternoons. Corbyn has an allotment, is modest and slightly bumbling. These are good things. They make me feel safe.

CpVC3ZzWcAAuZxt.jpg:large

Are they likely to appeal though?
The QC asking if they have leave to appeal might just be standard practice -becasue surely it would be totally pointless. Unless you were actively trying to fuck things up as much as possible.

They've been ordered to pay back the £25 of 3 of the complainants so anyone who has doubled up should be able to get their money back.

Who's betting the farce surrounding this is used as the excuse for Smith to withdraw the leadership challenge, saying that the process needs to be clear before such a challenge can be made, and thus denying Corbyn a victory that might make him stronger? I reckon at some point the Progress types will realise this election is damaging to their cause.

Who's betting the farce surrounding this is used as the excuse for Smith to withdraw the leadership challenge, saying that the process needs to be clear before such a challenge can be made, and thus denying Corbyn a victory that might make him stronger? I reckon at some point the Progress types will realise this election is damaging to their cause.
Well, that would be funny as.
Great position to take; "I'll not stand in an election in which members can vote":D

Smith has got himself in short-medium term lose/lose situation. The lesser loss is to stick it through until formal defeat as it could potentially mark him as big beast and first challenger on the paper next time around. That could backfire though and he'd instead been seen as an opportunistic chiseller with a poor tactical grasp of the party and wider issues. To pull out will ensure this is the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom