Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

IWCA statement on BNP

In that case unless the working class has suddenly become the minority class in London or indeed Britain New labour have nothing to worry about. I will look forward to their victory at the next council elections in June next year and their fourth term in office. Our flag stays redken.

you really arent up to detailed analysis are you

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/article:471-Organising-for-the-future

There was also a general agreement that we had to move our focus away from town and city centre events and prioritise working in the communities where the BNP was making headway. It was agreed to establish a steering group to help co-ordinate activities across the region and spread good practice.

Will be interesting to see the results of this change of tactic.

Before you get your 'hopes' up - a few small observations. One the claim that 'they're campaign was good but let down by the mainstream parties'. Is this the same mainstream parties they are asking people to vote for or is it someone else?

And if the political parties are not reliable, who it is they are going to be working with in the communities 'where the BNP are making headway'? Afterall the BNP are making headway precisely because people have been let down by the mainstream parties.

Finally, we have the insistence that 'the BNP sneaked in'. This is precisely the same line has been peddled in every election since 1999 and in that time the BNP vote has risen nationally by a 1,000 per cent.

you really arent up to detailed analysis are you

Your arguement is that it wasn't the working class that voted for Boris, that it was the middle class or those that hadn't voted before.

Given the fact that the working class is by far the largest class isn't the logical conclusion of your arguement that New Lab simply needs to get that class to vote for them?

Your arguement is that it wasn't the working class that voted for Boris, that it was the middle class or those that hadn't voted before.

Given the fact that the working class is by far the largest class isn't the logical conclusion of your arguement that New Lab simply needs to get that class to vote for them?

:confused:

well of course labour would like the working class to vote for them

your point is?

And given the fact that in boroughs like Havering and Enfield the working class is still the majority Kens failure to win over those people needs to be acknowledged....But for some weird reason smoked out seems to believe that Inner London = Working Class...Outer London = Middle Class.

And given the fact that in boroughs like Havering and Enfield the working class is still the majority Kens failure to win over those people needs to be acknowledged....But for some weird reason smoked out seems to believe that Inner London = Working Class...Outer London = Middle Class.

enfield stats

AB 47,897 22.5% Professional/ Managerial
C1 70,214 33.0% Intermediate & Junior Non-Manual
C2 28,562 13.4% Skilled Manual
DE 65,858 31.0% Semi-Skilled and Unskilled Manual

so it appears the working class arent the majority in enfield, although they are in wards like edmonton where boris lost

and you keep focussing on just two boroughs, got anything to say about richmond, barnet, wandsworth, kingston - or for that matter kensington and chelsea and westminster

dont forget the claim made is that the white working class on mass supported boris - for all your bluster youve yet to post anything, such as a fact, that suggests thats the case

enfield stats

so it appears the working class arent the majority in enfield, although they are in wards like edmonton where boris lost

and you keep focussing on just two boroughs, got anything to say about richmond, barnet, wandsworth, kingston - or for that matter kensington and chelsea and westminster

dont forget the claim made is that the white working class on mass supported boris - for all your bluster youve yet to post anything, such as a fact, that suggests thats the case

The working class in Enfield aren't the majority there or almost anywhere else if you work on the presumption that all white collar jobs are de facto middle class. Which is evidently nonsense.

So let's focus on another borough then say Havering. This is where the IWCA did best ward by ward in 2004. How middle class is that? Especially seeing as how it was (and there is statistical evidence to back up their social demographic) the BNP's best borough too. Slightly better than even B&D if memory serves.

The working class in Enfield aren't the majority there or almost anywhere else if you work on the presumption that all white collar jobs are de facto middle class. Which is evidently nonsense.

So let's focus on another borough then say Havering. This is where the IWCA did best ward by ward in 2004. How middle class is that? Especially seeing as how it was (and there is statistical evidence to back up their social demographic) the BNP's best borough too. Slightly better than even B&D if memory serves.

im looking but this is interesting from wikipedia
It has, at 2.6%,[3] the lowest unemployment rate in Greater London and one of the lowest crime rates.

tbh im not sure i understand the obsession here

im not supporting ken, im not denying that in some areas large parts of the white working class turned to the bnp or simply stayed at home, im not denying that there are white working class people who voted tory, and possibly more than last time

te assertion made is that the white working class showed mass support for boris and there is just no evidence that this is the case, you can point to tory strongholds like havering as much as you want, the bottem line is, in the boroughs that would be regarded as traditionally working, including barking and dagenham ken won - in the boroughs that would be regarded as middle class, ie richmond, ken & chel, boris won

you can say this is all down to ethnic minority support, i might just buy it, even though its generally accepted that ethnic monorities are less likely to vote, and the white working class is still the majority in every borough in london, but even in B&D where the ethnic minority population is very small they voted for ken - and on a ward by ward basis it seems the richer people were the more likely they were to vote for boris

kensington & chelsea, boris won by a landslide, as in westminster, both of which have very large bme communities, so why, lets call it the hackney effect didnt take place there is beyond me

yes there may be the odd area of doubt like havering, but the tories won massively there as well in 2004 so its no real surprise

i can only assume that is because its a load of bollocks, boris won on the back of the middle classes turning to ken, possibly a few working class voters switching and a whole load more either staying at home or voting for a smaller party like the bnp

the idea of a mass white working class vote for boris just doesnt stand up, if anyone can post up anything that disproves that im happy to read it - but so afr no-one has

until then lets put this to bed eh, this was supposed to be a thread about the IWCA statement which im broadly in agreement with

I just love it when you try and sound clever...:D

so far your argument has consisted of accusing me of being posh because i come from shipley :D

accusing me of being posh because i have an occassional drink with my landlady :D

plus the odd vague insult

you prepared to actually discuss facts, or is this what you think constitues political debate

so far your argument has consisted of accusing me of being posh because i come from shipley :D

accusing me of being posh because i have an occassional drink with my landlady :D

plus the odd vague insult

you prepared to actually discuss facts, or is this what you think constitues political debate

Your idea of what constitutes a fact is as laughable as your whole arguement.
From your silly comments about Enfield and Havering to now claiming that the White working class are the majority in every London borough....
Go and check some facts before you try making them up, your not even close to being close....:D

Your idea of what constitutes a fact is as laughable as your whole arguement.
From your silly comments about Enfield and Havering to now claiming that the White working class are the majority in every London borough....
Go and check some facts before you try making them up, your not even close to being close....:D

the white working class are at least the largest group in every london borough, as you yourslef were claiming earlier in the thread

i didnt make silly comments about havering and enfield, i merely posted up some economic statistics, but youve just admitted on the other thread you think statistics are silly

i think ive remembered why i stopped arguing politics with you, you dont have any politics, just a random bunch of prejudices seemingly based on the first thing that comes into your head in any given moment

which makes things a bit boring and productive

so youve won, have a medal from the reactionary dickwads association

youve proved the white working class voted on mass for teh boris by demonstrating that im posh because i come from bradford

well done

now go away, youre mad

the white working class are at least the largest group in every london borough, as you yourslef were claiming earlier in the thread

Sad LIAR....The only moron on here claiming that the white working class are in the majority in every london borough was you......Beyond stupid.......

Sad LIAR....The only moron on here claiming that the white working class are in the majority in every london borough was you......Beyond stupid.......

well done, i misphrased something and then corrected myself in the next post and you, you spotted it

you cunning political devil you

youve won the argument even more now, have another medal, perhaps even a wank in front of the mirror

So do you think that the white working class is the majority in every london borough still? Or that Enfield is posh still? Or have you actually started to think about some ridiculous things you have been saying?

So do you think that the white working class is the majority in every london borough still?

i think i just clarified that didnt i, i misphrased something, you spotted it, clever you

yeah where im from most of enfields posh so fuck you posh boy

can i go now

i think i just clarified that didnt i, i misphrased something, you spotted it, clever you

yeah where im from most of enfields posh so fuck you posh boy

can i go now

What do you mean misphrased? Do you mean you made up something that i never said? Or that you didnt mean what you said? or both?

the white working class are at least the largest group in every london borough

as opposed to the majority

there you go, another medal is winging its way to you from the useless old fuckwit association

as opposed to the majority

there you go, another medal is winging its way to you from the useless old fuckwit association

IN OTHER WORDS THE ONLY PERSON ON HERE WHO HAS CLAIMED THE WHITE WORKING CLASS WAS THE MAJORITY IN EVERY LONDON BOROUGH WAS YOU.:D

Then you tried to claim i had said it and got caught out as a liar......

the bottem line is, in the boroughs that would be regarded as traditionally working, including barking and dagenham ken won

As quoted in the article Gilligan states that 'astonishingly Johnson won 2/3 of the wards in B&D'...

You on the other hand stubbornly insist that 'Ken won' there. Indeed you have repeated it like a mantra. It has been the basis for your counter thesis. You also seem to be under the illusion that having more votes in a borough wins you something by itself. It dosen't. All the votes are counted. Put it this way, if the B&D ward results were the first to be counted everyone would know that Livingstone was probably fucked. Including Livingstone.

As quoted in the article Gilligan states that 'astonishingly Johnson won 2/3 of the wards in B&D'...

You on the other hand stubbornly insist that 'Ken won' there. Indeed you have repeated it like a mantra. It has been the basis for your counter thesis. You also seem to be under the illusion that having more votes in a borough wins you something by itself.

what it means is that more people in B&D voted for ken than boris, which hardley suggests a mass white working class vote for boris, unless you also suggest that there was a mass white working class vote for ken as well

i also pointed out that the three wards in B&D where boris did best also appear to be the three least economically disadvantaged wards in B&D, which doesnt really mean anything by itself, but it does seem to be a trend that was reflected across london - the richer an area, the more likely boris was to win

what it means is that more people in B&D voted for ken than boris, which hardley suggests a mass white working class vote for boris, unless you also suggest that there was a mass white working class vote for ken as well

i also pointed out that the three wards in B&D where boris did best also appear to be the three least economically disadvantaged wards in B&D, which doesnt really mean anything by itself, but it does seem to be a trend that was reflected across london - the richer an area, the more likely boris was to win

How did u come by 3 when Gilligan claims two thirds...? Are you saying he's lying?

some interesting comments on the IWCA website

http://www.iwca.info/?p=10141#comments

Here's one comment from Nick, who seems to be considering a 'federation' with the SWP? :eek::D

With the SWP also arguing for a new project for the left, I was suspicious, but its heartening to hear for once ‘We do not believe we have all the answers or a perfect prescription for a left wing alternative;’ calls for a federation instead of a party are perhaps a loosening of the hands around textbooks, and a recognition that the belligerant united front tactic might not be what’s needed this time.

Back
Top Bottom