Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

It's Sunday and Lover's Rock is sacred!!!

And, from the Saxon Sound System, a Roger Robin tune that was recorded and mixed in 5 hours (because all the musicians wanted to watch 'Prisoner Cell Block H' which started at 10.30pm....)

It's more country and western than pure lovers but I loved this tune when I bought the 12" with the long dub version on the end

Some nice tunes again folks, i never realised how good Kofi was. Sundays are definately about relaxing to nice music and they can be sad days too, if you've lost loved ones i dunno why but it kicks in somewhere on a Sunday.
For that reason i'm gonna sign off with a not a lovers rock tune itself but an artist who has been played at many a revival do.

its all in the words people, enjoy the rest of your day.

Listening to this album, some of which qualifies as Lovers Rock. Played ever Sunday without fail for pretty much my whole childhood :cool:

Yeah hes got a great voice for laid back Sunday tunes has Mr Holt. Ive been meaning to have a listen to the Curtis Mayfield original of In My Love, i havent stopped playing the version by Junior English that you put up or Kofis Looking Over. Great tunes, theres been lots of really good sounds put on this thread. All my jobs around the house are done so i'll put a couple more up.

There's a (largely white) Glasgow Lover's Rock band called iFoundation, who put out their debut album last year. With all due respect to them, they're still a little bit away frtom making their mark but their spirit is good an they deserve to get there

Back
Top Bottom