Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it wrong to eat animals that are clever?

All this moralising over eating animals as they're not human is rooted in religion and the idea we're special.

We are not special. Not in any righteous god-like way anyhoo.

miley-blow-up-penis.jpg

I think I probably wouldn't eat an ape. That's starting to get a little close to home.

I'm more concerned about their living conditions than their intelligence though.

Perhaps if the only way to save the gorilla was to establish gorilla burgers as the next big thing i might well indulge in some ape appitizers

If anyone faked their moon landing, it was the ocelots.

And anyway, dogs were first in orbit, but look at them now. Bankrupt and barely got a working space programme at all.
220px-ManifoldTime.jpg

this posits octupii (podes?) colonising spaaace which is always a nice idea. Even if you think baxters a bit poor as i do its worth your time

Early humans were faced with survival difficulties and meat became a small part of the diet. Killing also became integral to social hierarchies.

We are now evolving beyond this stage...hunting is no longer necessary for survival and the next step is to move beyond killing and violence in our social interactions

Evolving? What breeding advantages does vegetarianism confer?

Vegetarians who experience disgust at the sight, smell or taste of meat aren't experiencing a morally superior or more developed sense of disgust than meat eaters at all. Diet is a defining part of our cultural identities along with how we speak and what we wear and the 'disgust' at meat is no different from someone who turns up their nose at the smell of curry next door or men walking around wearing skirts.

I'm mostly vegetarian for economic and health reasons but most meats are crammed full of flavour and very very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom