Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it wrong to eat animals that are clever?

I would suggest a re-examination. God....or more to the point religion has influenced the culture youve grown up in. And thus you are affected by 'god' regardless if youre a believer or not.
Yes, that is true, it (they have) has influenced .. life and food ..

Anyhow I think eating animals is not the same as abusing them. Keeping them in good condition, for a period, then slaughtering them - needs not be cruel.

Define 'good condition'.

pigs_3web.jpg

Your Enid Blyton fantasy of idylic ruralshire farming is not what feeds the supermarkets. Its animal rearing on a mind bending industrial scale in battery conditions.

Your Enid Blyton fantasy of idylic ruralshire farming is not what feeds the supermarkets. Its animal rearing on a mind bending industrial scale in battery conditions.
Indeed, I don't think mass cheap meat is necessarily a good thing. At least not for animal welfare. But it is hard for people to argue with a sub £5.00 chicken when free range is £6.50 plus.

There have been programs about it, including from Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall where he failed to persuade many people to buy free range organic chicken, despite persuasive evidence.

Old Etonian Hugh Fearnly-wotshischops wasnt able to persuade a few people to change their behaviour?

Shocking.

8fa7e3ab271ea4fa1cc0d861ebe091a8.jpg

Ideally we can still eat meat AND the animals don't get abused.

With around 22 million animals slaughtered in the uk a day. Thats an awful of of tlc that farmer giles has to give.

A more picky person may suggest killing is a form of abuse.

Depends on how cute you are i suppose.

tumblr_lncczvIzyN1qa98y2.png

Bam eating meat then? Ration it? Solutions? I think the aim should be good standards and welfare, not we all become vegetarians.

With farmer giles, hunched over his crook next to a babbling brook. "Come on Daisy! Time for milking".

us-factory-farm-dairies-added-nearly-650-cows-every-day-between-1997-and-2007.jpg

I've been in milking parlours similar to that and I would doubt if any of those cows are suffering. But in any case it's an argument about animal welfare, not an argument against eating meat.

Can't the boffins make meat? If they can build fucking ipads and the internet, etc, surely they can make some meat. All the animals can be free then.

I'm an animal lover, but if it's a choice between me starving and me me eating... point me to those well-fed humans!

I don't care what I eat, so long as I eat.

Enid Blyton didn't write of idyllic rural farming; she did the famous five and secret seven. Maybe you mean Beatrix Potter

Back
Top Bottom