Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it wrong to eat animals that are clever?

pet-food-600x297.jpg

cue "but horse and rabbit are tasty too!"

Exactly, that red line needs to skip two places leftwards.

has someone contacted the campaign group and asked why dogs are disproportionately representing the "would not eat" group?

zebra once and kangaroo twice. I did feel a little bit ffs at the decadance of having a zebra burger. Lovely meat though. I found out about the quagga today, a now extinct horsebreed that is a real thing. Previously I thought it was a mythical creature as it had often killed me when playing ten rogue

Reactions: LDC
Recently there have been a lot of cute fluffy and skittish lambs around. They are very cute, and that is how you see them in the fields. There is a bit of a difference to how one sees lamb chops, which are tasty and lovely .. but there is some mental separation between one and the other, though there probably should not be.

Ate an armadillo one, well, bits of one anyway. Wasn't that good. Felt a bit illogically mean, like I'd had a taste of puppy or something.

All meat should have it's IQ displayed on it's packaging. I often wonder how far my bacon would get when faced with a cryptic crossword.

I like Pulpo à la feria, octopus with paprika.

Early humans were faced with survival difficulties and meat became a small part of the diet.
We're extraordinarily well adapted to hunting if it was just a small part of our diet.

Was it true or in a story where they found a mammoth that had been preserved in ice for millennia and super rich people could buy steaks of it

I have some reindeer in my freezer. very tasty. I've eaten a lot of exotic meats. most are good but you get why some aren't eaten that much.

Thing is animals are cute. And there would be a whole lot less of them if we didn't eat them.

Does a life, sometimes short because young meat is more tasty, beat no life at all?

On wondering how moon landings relate to eating meat I wonder if this is the thread for me?

The argument was we are god-like in that we are separated by a god from the animal kingdom and thus can abuse animals guilt free as we're special. The chosen ones if yer loik.

It was proposed proof this is correct as we landed members of our species on the moon.

This was countered by saying this is related to god only in that it was partly driven to out do godless communists.

I don't believe in god, so for me the point is moot.

I would suggest a re-examination. God....or more to the point religion has influenced the culture youve grown up in. And thus you are affected by 'god' regardless if youre a believer or not.

Anyhow I think eating animals is not the same as abusing them. Keeping them in good condition, for a period, then slaughtering them - needs not be cruel.

Back
Top Bottom