Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it wrong to eat animals that are clever?

taste is a mental construct, it is not objective.
you have made assosciations from birth that make you think it tastes good
as i said, a forced diet of meat of your loved friends, family, pets and other animals you might care for would utterly change your perception of whats "tastes good"

similarly the smell of cooking flesh might trigger pleasurable feelings or it might disgust you, as it would probably do if i killed your dog and threw it on a fire
But we don't eat our friends, family, or pets.

We eat our enemies, and other people's pets.

taste is a mental construct, it is not objective.
you have made assosciations from birth that make you think it tastes good
as i said, a forced diet of meat of your loved friends, family, pets and other animals you might care for would utterly change your perception of whats "tastes good"

similarly the smell of cooking flesh might trigger pleasurable feelings or it might disgust you, as it would probably do if i killed your dog and threw it on a fire

I'm not sure that argument holds water either.
People who have tasted human flesh manage to overcome their disgust and guiltily admit that it tasted delicious.

"wrong" is a concept that only has any meaning to an intelligent mind. It is not an absolute. It is also subjective. So if you've got an intelligent mind, decide for yourself.

I personally wouldn't eat octopus, unless the alternative was starving to death. Whether others do is for their own conscience.

I'm not sure that argument holds water either.
People who have tasted human flesh manage to overcome their disgust and guiltily admit that it tasted delicious.
humans can overcome our disgust at many things - we can kill the innocent for the state and think were doing good

in fact its that adaptability thats part of our downfall on such issues

Some sort of insect based diet is probably best for the environment but it's a gamble whether when we have first contact the aliens will be closer related to them or calamari. Just a gamble really.

Utter nonsense.

Chicken tastes great, as does beef, pork, lamb, prawns, and just about every other animal.

My mate Julian would totally agree with this point as him and his dad have tried eating mostly everything, to me at least, not quite common meats, whatever they have got from poaching, fishing and shooting.
They both agree that Fox tastes diabolical however it is prepared!

@ pickmans
We are descended from herbivore primates with long intestines

Interestingly our primate ancestors did eat a tiny bit of meat but it played a social function based on violence and the power that would give the killer in the group rather than any dietary pressures

Early humans were faced with survival difficulties and meat became a small part of the diet. Killing also became integral to social hierarchies.

We are now evolving beyond this stage...hunting is no longer necessary for survival and the next step is to move beyond killing and violence in our social interactions

We are now evolving beyond this stage...hunting is no longer necessary for survival and the next step is to move beyond killing and violence in our social interactions
i don't know how your social interactions go but very few of mine include killing or violence these days.

My mate Julian would totally agree with this point as him and his dad have tried eating mostly everything, to me at least, not quite common meats, whatever they have got from poaching, fishing and shooting.
They both agree that Fox tastes diabolical however it is prepared!
I've shot a few foxes but nobody has ever got me to eat one. It's generally accepted that they're fucking horrible although there are various methods that people try to convince you will make them palatable, usually salting and soaking.

Most foxes that are shot in the field are skinned and fed to the dogs.

I've shot a few foxes but nobody has ever got me to eat one. It's generally accepted that they're fucking horrible although there are various methods that people try to convince you will make them palatable, usually salting and soaking.

Most foxes that are shot in the field are skinned and fed to the dogs.
how much killing and violence do you find in your everyday social interactions?

Back
Top Bottom