Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

He's already suing the Center for Countering Digital Hate on similar grounds. I guess suing people saying he supports nazis is easier for him than not supporting nazis.

ADL could easily counter-sue for his claim that they lost him 22 billion. Mind you, I can't believe a jury found in favour of Musk in this case: Elon Musk wins defamation case over 'pedo guy' tweet about caver, I can only assume that they are utter scumbags.

The guy is really not very smart at all, isn't he? I kind of assumed he was. I mean he must have something about him i suppose, space rockets and all that. But he's brain looks broken when you read things like this. Like he thinks literally that the world is run by either hysterial "woke" tick tockers and/or "jews". That "cancel culture" is one of the major problems in the world. That communism lurks just round the corner. I mean it;s the politics of a deeply stupid person. You can be right wing and extremely smart, extremely knowledgeable about the world and the universe, about politics, and power. I have no doubt. I have met such right wingers. Musk however is not one of them. It's kinda depressing only because he is seen by some as the World's Greatest Logic Bro. Seen as the height of intellectual sophistication. It;s depressing because it';s a reflection of the culture war and the culture itself.

The guy is really not very smart at all, isn't he? I kind of assumed he was. I mean he must have something about him i suppose, space rockets and all that.

Space rockets? Do you think he designs space rockets?

He knows fuck all about space rockets other than a reasonable word salad that anyone could pick up and regurgitate to willing and gullible recipients.

SpaceX pays your actual experts to design, build and fly space rockets.

Musk's only real ability is in making people think he is some sort of genius rocket scientist.

He ain't.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

You would think the self-described "free speech advocate" would be right out there criticizing this:

ech billionaire Elon Musk has been noticeably silent after a Saudi Arabian national was sentenced to death for a series of posts on Musk's social media platform criticizing his government, calling into question the limits of Musk's commitment to uninhibited free speech when it comes to his own financial interests.

According to an August 29 news release by Human Rights Watch, a civil rights non-governmental organization based in New York City, 54-year-old retired Saudi teacher Muhammad al-Ghamdi was sentenced to death this year by a Saudi court on a series of charges related to his online political activism.

Charges, according to documents obtained by HRW, include describing the King or the Crown Prince in a way that undermines religion or justice, supporting a terrorist ideology, communication with a terrorist entity, and a violation of Saudi law for publishing false news with the intention of executing a terrorist crime.

He's more interested in doing business with the Saudis--much like the rest of the world. Cowards, all of them.

Really impressed by that piece I was, it’s a subject close to my heart obvs and that especially the bit about ‘the wrong question’ was a really clear sighted way of explaining things I think.

Yeah, he's also trying to foil the US defence establishment's goals there and that seems...foolhardy to say the least. I'm sure they have some eggs in his baskets - starlink and spacex - but I'm equally sure they could survive without him. If he carries on pulling shit like this he might find out what happens when all government funding gets pulled from his ventures.

I'm no militarist, but it does seem a tad questionable for a country to put key bits of its defence in the hands of private businesses - especially if those businesses are run by volatile fuckwits...

Both have been the case since the year dot, war attracts fuck heads and profiteers

Fortunately for the DoD, they are currently in the process of building their own satellite constellation in the Starlink mold. Ukraine has proved that a)These things are super useful in war and b)Letting a capricious dickhead hold the reins is untenable.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, SpaceX doesn't need government funding any more. Starlink is selling very well and even conservative projections show it pulling in more than NASA's entire budget in a few years time. They still sell services to NASA and the DoD but by far their biggest customer is themselves, followed by other commercial sales.

Sooner or later, increasing human activity in Earth's orbital space was always going to lead to sensitive observations from the Earth's surface becoming increasingly untenable. Looks like it was sooner than most people expected. Time to start work on building observatories on the Lunar far side.

Back
Top Bottom