Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

It’s almost as if people and groups benefiting from absurd concentrations of power use it to perpetuate and enhance their position :eek:
Don't interest groups fund whichever side their views are most compatible with?

There are a lot more averagely, and below, paid voters than there are billionaires, so even given the biased right wing media, UK Labour should (post Blair) still be able to win a general election.

I'm sorry, I'm not going to do "real world 101", I really don't have the time or energy. Wow people vote against their own interests how does that happen like maybe there are problems with this system. Wow rich people use their money to keep them rich and make them richer. Srsly.

Trump is the greatest snake oil salesman of our age. Musk has potential but needs to focus a bit more.

Reactions: tim
Don't interest groups fund whichever side their views are most compatible with?

There are a lot more averagely, and below, paid voters than there are billionaires, so even given the biased right wing media, UK Labour should (post Blair) still be able to win a general election.
So what do you think might be happening?

Bit odd to answer a question with a question.

This whole thread is a bit odd, strange to be blaming all the space woes on a bloke that is chucking his own money at it instead of focusing on NASA who have squandered billions upon billions on doing fucking nothing except low earth orbits.

This whole thread is a bit odd, strange to be blaming all the space woes on a bloke that is chucking his own money at it instead of focusing on NASA who have squandered billions upon billions on doing fucking nothing except low earth orbits.

Yeah, NASA, who have nothing beyond LEO. :facepalm:

It does for me, I have only worked in the private sector, for a PLC, for SMEs and for myself, all of those positions were tenuous, only there while the section / division / product group whatever was profitable. To believe that this has not shaped my thinking would be unkind.
What does this even mean? Unkind to who? Your bosses?

Yeah, NASA, who have nothing beyond LEO. :facepalm:

Are you talking about the moon landings ( 1969) or satelites that are now extra solar?

They don't do any of that shit anymore and are funded by taxpayer, spaceX undercuts any NASA sattelite launch nowadays as do the Russians, NASA are a joke.

Are you talking about the moon landings ( 1969) or satelites that are now extra solar?

They don't do any of that shit anymore and are funded by taxpayer, spaceX undercuts any NASA sattelite launch nowadays as do the Russians, NASA are a joke.

Just testing your level of knowledge here, but have you heard of Curiosity?

So what do you think might be happening?
It always seems there are loads more voters that should vote labour if they followed their real interests such that labour should win numerous elections. But they don't and I don't really know why.

As to the rich taking steps to stay rich, do bears poo in the woods?

Forums poster snadge reckons landing something workable on Mars ain't no thing.

You missed my point, by a metric mile.

NASA have had ridiculous amounts of funding, screwed up any body else trying to get into the game and still haven't done anything comparable to the moon landing, getting something unmanned onto Mars is no where near as impressive as getting men on the moon in fucking 1969.

Unmanned objects is far easier than getting manned stuff anywhere.

That doesn't help at all. Your post makes absolutely no sense.
I explained why my experience of getting all my employment in the private sector affected my thinking about people that create such jobs. I suggested that my experience shaped my way of thinking and that your different way of thinking probably arose from your different employment experiences. You misunderstood this.

Back
Top Bottom